This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    While I don't see it as the best yet this season, it was definitely a very solid episode. I can't wait to see if Matt will now be affected like Chloe is.
    Smurfette and Hefty Smurf LOL!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      the hallucination told us a lot about what Scott and the others! first the movie scene showed us what happened to him, then about how he really feels and such
      They did? All they showed is Scott is creepied out about something less then normal. I don't see how that is related to the real Scott.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        They did? All they showed is Scott is creepied out about something less then normal. I don't see how that is related to the real Scott.
        he's "wondering" whether or not he should go any further with Chloe in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          Changelling + time = this ep and i loved it. great to see super chloe saving the day
          For me, super Chloe was probably what I liked the least about the episode.
          sigpic

Comment

I have no idea why this episode even exists. It's not that it was bad, I didn't think it was bad. I just can't figure out why it was made. We learn nothing significant about Scott that we didn't already know, and the only important parts come at the very end. They could have excised the entire episode save the last minute or two and done something completely different. I'm willing to admit that maybe I just don't see the significance of things, but what can I say, I just can't see this episode as anything other than 42 minutes of filler and 1 minute of mission relevant information.

Now I'm really curious to see how the ratings go for this episode. It wasn't awful, but as I've indicated, it was so irrelevant I wonder how many watched, and if it will have any effect on the episode coming up (which looks like it could be pretty exciting). I'll keep an eye on the boards this week too, maybe someone can fill me on what I might have missed. And I should note I'm surprised at how positive the first responses have been, interesting that I didn't see it that way at all.

Comment

he's "wondering" whether or not he should go any further with Chloe in the real world.
              I think that is really stretching it. Thier is nothing in the past about doubting his relationship in the past and that scene could be interperted differently
              Jelgate is right

Comment

same here.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think that is really stretching it. Thier is nothing in the past about doubting his relationship in the past and that scene could be interperted differently
                  i think it was in Pathogen that this first came up.

Comment

I agree with you, by showing the characters differently, it allowed us to see them differently. The dream sequence can be taken in two ways. One, to be filler, or Two to show us the underlying motives in peoples actions. Since it's TV scott's dream doesn't have to only reflect his ideas.

The way Young acts, Rush saying how we are all going to die one day anyways, kinda shows you that he really just wants to get as much done with the little time he has. Maybe find a way to cheat death. Telford's line to Scott is obvious. Scott putting his hand up James' shirt the night before his wedding. Being super nervous, feeling like no one knows him (the scene with eli) not that that is a bad thing for him, but he doesn't want people to think they know who he is. Maybe because he doesn't know who he is?

But the dream sequence was definitely meant to be taken as a metaphor, if you will.

Although, the "Rock candy" arm really bothered me. Would have liked to see him start to rip it off and it caused him to bleed as chunks came out of his arm. And a mildly gory scene. Rather than, hmm, I'll just hit it on the ramp here and everything will be ok!
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

i think it was in Pathogen that this first came up.
                      It was never brought up in Pathogen. The only thing Matt did was a deep concern about Chloe's illness
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Though it may seem a bit silly. The best part of this episode, to me, was the fact that the "dream" was filmed in the traditional sense. long panning shots and no shaky cam.

Comment

I liked the last 15 minutes. First 45 were meh. Kind of interesting with the dreamworld, but it picked up nicely at the end. Liked the actual usage of the Stargate.

Comment

It was never brought up in Pathogen. The only thing Matt did was a deep concern about Chloe's illness
                            my bad

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                              I liked the last 15 minutes. First 45 were meh. Kind of interesting with the dreamworld, but it picked up nicely at the end. Liked the actual usage of the Stargate.
                              Greer + flamethrower=epic win
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I think what really makes this episode fail, is because since it's all Scott's dream, we lose interesting facets about the other characters. All we see is what Scott possibly might seem them kinda as, if they were in a Boringtown, USA. SG-1's The Gamekeeper did it better, and did it right. We see the "average" stuff in the context of Jack and Daniel's past, allowing the rest of the team to see and comment on it. WE actually get a good understanding of Jack and Dan's past and how it made them today.

We get NONE of that from Scott. Dream sequences are always tricky, because you actually have to show new and meaningful things. They didn't do that here. Everything we saw, about how Scott feels about everyone and himself, is stuff we already knew. This makes the episode redundant. As someone said, the dream sequences were just episode padding, and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                                X