X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    I assume you meant "there is no such law" and you'd be wrong:

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-gui...keness-another
    The First Amendment and the laws of many states also protect your use of someone's name or likeness in creative works and other forms of entertainment.

Comment

I like how the argument against this episode is that it didn't move the overall storyline along.

I'll agree that it didn't by much, yet it still moved the overall story along more than the average episode of SG1 or SGA. It was quite standalone besides the stuff with Chloe, but there were episodes of the other shows that didn't move the story along a single bit. To compare this episode in a negative light to the other shows makes no sense at all. There's nothing wrong with standalone stories. An episode considered one of SGU's best, Time, moved the plot along about as much as this story did.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k
        Lose, not losing. Perhaps the time spent SGU can be better spent on grammar lessons?

Also, meh. Even if I thought this was the horrible episode everybody else thinks it is, I'd still come back next week.
        I'm not. It pains me to say it, but I'm done with SGU. I did start watching Dexter, so I have a suitable replacement.
        What I said elsewhere is that I was hoping it was a bit more freaky. Such as starting with the car accident, then the whole episode became incredibly boring. But then again I find Scott/Chloe the most boring duo on television this season, no matter what alien blood does to them, they're dull.

Bye SG franchise, it ended with a whimper.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          This episode had no effect on the main plot, how pointless and rubbish! SG-1 and Atlantis never had episodes like that!

Spoiler:
          /sarcasm

You need green for that! I was astounded to hear that argument when I checked the forums this morning.

Oh, and if you guys are serious about the Kiefer thing, let's keep in mind that he's good friends with Robert Carlyle. And that, if he were watching, he may not have shared your opinion about the episode. Because an opinion, no matter how important you think yours may be, is all it is.

Comment

I really liked this episode. I am a bit confused as to why that planet was seeded though. Did the flower people show up later? Telford and Rush were both creepy and insightful at the same time-nicely done.

Also, Greer being the best man and saving him at the end-Scott knows Greer has his back.
            SGU fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
              I really liked this episode. I am a bit confused as to why that planet was seeded though. Did the flower people show up later? Telford and Rush were both creepy and insightful at the same time-nicely done.

Also, Greer being the best man and saving him at the end-Scott knows Greer has his back.
              It probably orginated from that planet since we have yet to see an alien species use the Stargates
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The episode was cool, I give it 7,5/10. Some parts felt a little slow and the cinema scene felt a bit cheesy, but I thought it was a very interesting look into how Scott see all the people around him. The alien plants where creepy. Thumb up for the Effects.

Greer - Best friend, brother
                Eli - Chloe´s brother who knows how Scott feel´s
                Young - Scott´s father
                Brody - café owner
                Lt. James - hot waitress
                TJ - paramedic (that one was predictable)
                Rush - Justice of the Peace (that one was very interesting, did Scott really see that in Rush?)
                Telford - sheriff with sense of guilt

The last 15 minutes of the episode, awesomeness, I think I give the end a 10/10!
                The music, Rush´s speech, Chloe saves the day, Greer being heroic. Also like the fact that sometimes I think Rush and Greer are not that different with handling difficult situations and have some sort of grim understanding with that kind of things.
                Last edited by myhelix; 27 October 2010, 07:17 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a solid episode - there were so many weird little bits in the hallucinations/dreams (Rush's "like father like son" - so is Scott's subconscious worried about Young's drinking? The interplay between Scott and his "ex". Telford's weird little bit of truth-telling in the police cruiser. Is Scott really not a one-woman man?). And the "real" story line was wonderful.

I'm going to be a rebel and NOT COMPARE IT TO AN SG1 OR SGA EPISODE (yeah, I'm a rebel, see the leather and the bike? I'm smokin' indoors, too. Ha!) - this reminded me of one of my favorite X-Files episodes every, "Field Trip".
                  sigpic
                  Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                    I thought this was a solid episode - there were so many weird little bits in the hallucinations/dreams (Rush's "like father like son" - so is Scott's subconscious worried about Young's drinking? The interplay between Scott and his "ex". Telford's weird little bit of truth-telling in the police cruiser. Is Scott really not a one-woman man?). And the "real" story line was wonderful.

I'm going to be a rebel and NOT COMPARE IT TO AN SG1 OR SGA EPISODE (yeah, I'm a rebel, see the leather and the bike? I'm smokin' indoors, too. Ha!) - this reminded me of one of my favorite X-Files episodes every, "Field Trip".
                    NEWSFLASH:
                    From now on, every time a poster manages to make a comparison of an SGU episode to something OTHER THAN SG1 or SGA, I will green you, whether I like the comparison or not, agree or not. Green I say!
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Cheesy, insanely cheesy. Amongst some pretty good Season 2 eps so far this one is just a smack in the face.

Now we have Super Couple, instead of just Super Chloe! We'll see how this turns out, but I don't have much faith in this show.

Comment

I've always hated flashback scenes on SG and this one is without exception.

Comment

Another really bad stand alone episode. I have to say that next weeks episode looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post

Field Trip was a fantastic episode, so when I get to watch Cloverdale on Friday, I'm going to keep that ep in mind
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              What BS? What happened was Rush blackmailing Chloe in "Pathogen", and then Chloe breaking that in this episode in order to save Scott, causing Rush to quickly come up with a plausible excuse. Really, it's that simple. Occam's razor, come on.

Why is it so hard for you to accept the possibility that perhaps Rush isn't quite on the level? Why must you always come up with some convoluted conspiracy theory to cleanse him of his less-than-savory deeds? That's two weeks in a row now.
                              Let me turn that around: Why must we come up with convoluted conspiracy theories in order to make Rush seem less-than-savory?

And yes, let's use Occam's Razor, which states that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. There was obviously no way that they could hide Chloe's condition from the rest of the crew. If this didn't happen, she would have blacked out again and gone missing, or they should have had her under observation. In short, blackmail only works if you can keep the information hidden, and there was no way to do so for very long. Rush would have known this.

So, the simpler answer is that they have some other kind of agreement.

To paraphrase Riley, what happened to being objective?
                              Psh, Riley has no business being on this ship; he needed to die.

Oh, and lookit, no one's giving her credit for that! HUGE SURPRISE FANDOM.
                              Hey, no one is giving Rush credit for getting more food for the ship, or the dozens of other things he's done to save them. HUGE SURPRISE FANDOM! But seriously, what credit? It's not odd for a girl to risk her life to save her hunky boyfriend. I would have been surprised if Chloe hadn't done anything.

Another thought occurred to me... Destiny is to blame for leading them to another dangerous planet! Man, that sociopathic, psychopathic Destiny, always trying to kill the crew... I mean, it's obviously Destiny's fault, since it stopped at the planet! Thus it's not like anyone else had a choice as to whether to step through the gate...

Oh, and obviously, Scott is to be held to blame for nearly killing Chloe! If he hadn't gone and got himself infected, she wouldn't have done so, either.

Comment

I think every scifi show does one of these if theyr'e on long enough. Alas, I set the bar with Farscape's totally insane "Won't Get Fooled Again" episode, so when I saw SGA's "Home", I thought 'could have done better.' And since the same writing team is basically doing SGU, it didn't change all that much, but this time they didn't do anything 'odd' - just let Scott have a nightmare(?)/dream about marriage and such. It's interesting to see who his subconscious placed into rolls - Rush a justice of the peace??? - but made sense to see Telford as sheriff - maybe Scott has seen "Carny" on SyFy. The characters didn't divert too much from their real life counterparts (TJ was still a medic, and Chloe, sorry to say, is still a bit clingy). The 'real' portions of the episode - where they were fighting off the mutant triffids and talking about amputation (although didn't Rush say dismemberment? yech) were more exciting, yet I did spend more time than I should have watching the background looking for little weird things. Brian J. Smith's mom pointed out on twitter that the photo on the table as Scott sat down is actually a photo of Brian when he was younger, so that was fun to learn.

Questions: how long with the quarantine last? at least Scott and Chloe *cough* get along so that won't be torture. And Chloe is sorta becoming a loose canon with her decisions (infecting herself). Interesting how Scott saw her as half blue face (Borg! she's been assimilated!) in his dream.

Overall, not bad, but Farscape's whacky episode is still tops in my book.
                                Last edited by prion; 27 October 2010, 07:54 AM. Reason: more to say

Comment

Working...
                                X