This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    It was never brought up in Pathogen. The only thing Matt did was a deep concern about Chloe's illness
    Sorry, that's false. There is a scene where they are laying in bed, and Scott asks Chloe about how she sees their relationship going. It's clear he's concerned about it. Which makes Cloverdale all the more pointless, because we got that information just last episode. Maybe the writer's thought we forgot...

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      he's "wondering" whether or not he should go any further with Chloe in the real world.
      It will indeed be interesting to see what happens between them. I know she saved his life, but she also may have exposed him to the same changes the blue aliens made to her.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

Guess what? We already know this. So you just exposed why the episode is doubly pointless, because it showed us something we already know. .
        No. That's how some of you thought of Scott as a character. Now we realize that Scott himself has these doubts. Its very telling and frankly kinda bold to go that route with a main star of a Stargate series, a franchise which tends to make its lead characters perfect and incapable of such weaknesses. But, oh, I forgot. The characters on the previous shows were the most three dimensional and well developed characters in sci fi history. Uh-huh.

Oh, and if one more poster wants to point out how plot on SGU were done before on previous Stargate shows I might have to start pointing out how those previous Stargate shows had plots that were already covered on Star Trek, Sliders, B5, etc. So lets stop the pretense that the previous Stargate shows invented the wheel. All of these sci fi shows rely on storylines and elements that we have seen before. So what's left then is how they tell the stories. With all the problems I do have with SGU (and I have written some rants to JM on his blog), I do appreciate how they try to at least take a different approach to how they allow the story to play out.

Comment

Greer + flamethrower=epic win
          Eli was funny when he is talking to Scott about Greer's face expression, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

It was never brought up in Pathogen. The only thing Matt did was a deep concern about Chloe's illness
            my bad
            Sorry, that's false. There is a scene where they are laying in bed, and Scott asks Chloe about how she sees their relationship going. It's clear he's concerned about it.
            I was right!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              It will indeed be interesting to see what happens between them. I know she saved his life, but she also may have exposed him to the same changes the blue aliens made to her.
              I think that the writers have more intelligence than to give him the same condition as Chloe, at least I hope. That would just be boring. I woudln't mind seeing it having adverse affects on scott and his health. But shouldn't cause him to transform.
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I was right!
                Wondering where a relationship is going to me is different then doubting said relationship. Its one thing to be curious about something. Its another to doubt it.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

he was having fun with this flamethrower again....short bursts.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                    I do appreciate how they try to at least take a different approach to how they allow the story to play out.
                    I agree, but sometimes, they have all this extra stuff and then when it comes to story time. Like the end of season 1, it gets wrapped up too quickly. By "extra stuff" i mean stand alone episodes
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Loved that line.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        i liked david blues hair in this ep nice to see the crew not so run down
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Okay, so I think I got caught up in the episode a bit, and it affected my opinion a bit. I think because I was a bit letdown by 'Pathogen' last week, this episode seemed so much better. I'm gonna change my rating to an 8/10. So, that would make 'Awakening' first, following 'Aftermath', and then 'Cloverdale'. This was still a great episode though.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Sorry, that's false. There is a scene where they are laying in bed, and Scott asks Chloe about how she sees their relationship going. It's clear he's concerned about it. Which makes Cloverdale all the more pointless, because we got that information just last episode. Maybe the writer's thought we forgot...
                            I recall how sci fi shows in the 90s were under the scrutiny at times for not following up on character or plot developments addressed in previous eps. Reviewers would do writeups of TNG or DS9 and wonder why threads were dropped. Now we get folks who want certain developments or revelations contained to one episode.

IMO the writers were wise to continue this angle regarding Scott's feelings. In the previous episode we see him tell Chloe he is worried about where their relationship was heading. Based upon Chloe acting distant he made it seem as if it was she who seemed to have doubts about their relationship. But this episode made it clear, though we already suspected to some extent, that it is Scott who is on shaky ground. Chloe may be much more committed than he is. And I think his dream sequences point to a breakup down the road. If such a breakup happens, it will seem less abrupt and more natural because of "Cloverfield". That's my take. And, oh, did I forget to mention that Scott and Chloe's relationship is not one of the plotlines that I find most compelling. Yet I think the writers have found away to make it work and make it important to the characters' development. Obviously its not everyone's cup of tea. Some folks think relationship stuff has no business in sci fi. Well as long a sits done smartly I'll take the relationship stuff over the five minutes wasted on technobabble of other sci fi shows. There is no greater example of "filler" than technobabble.

Comment

You know I couldnt help but think, Where were those Flamethrowers when the LA were attacking? Could have made clearing hallways faster

Comment

Wondering where a relationship is going to me is different then doubting said relationship. Its one thing to be curious about something. Its another to doubt it.
                                In the scene from Pathogen last week he asked Chloe where there relationship was going. He wanted to know if they had met under different circumstances away from the ship if they would still be together. She replied with a yes and he expressed that it was all new to him and that he had never been all that great at relationships. He wanted to make sure that he didn't mess their relationship up because he had noticed her being quiet and was beginning to wonder if he was messing up. If that's not doubt I don't know what is.

Comment

Working...
                                X