• Show
Clear All

I think "waterthings" is a cute term.

Comment

Waterthings fit these more:

I think Sandthings is more like it:
      sigpic

Comment

Dont forget the mist aliens from 'home' on sga!

Comment

Is it just me or are the "bugs" trying to imitate the individual faces of the people their trying to "communicate" with?

Comment

i think the little guys were making fun of the way we look!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
              Well, they certainly weren't English speaking humanoids. Unless they posess the guy they attacked( I didn't catch whether he actually ended up dead).
              You erm, didn't catch if he ended up dead? Erm... pay attention dude He clearly died very soon afterwards (hence Eli being silenced by Rush) and then... well... there was the erm, end bit. Erm... Cnl Young, Kino, Etc..
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                i guess we can rule out furlings!
                good!

Comment

I suspect that they might not really understand humans, and their imitations of faces might be the sandbugs' way of trying to learn enough about the humans on the ship to communicate with them. Or perhaps they aren’t even trying to communicate with the people on the ship but were just curious about them. It could be that they have the intelligence of an animal (not as intelligent as humans, but still smart enough to be curious about things and know who to trust or not). That could explain why they were copying people’s faces but also attacked the guy who shot at them (instinctual defense against something that wants to harm them).

Whatever the sandbugs are I doubt that we won’t see them again. They are too interesting to never be brought back.

Comment

If they end up being some kind of Replicator I am going to stop watching SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                      You erm, didn't catch if he ended up dead? Erm... pay attention dude He clearly died very soon afterwards (hence Eli being silenced by Rush) and then... well... there was the erm, end bit. Erm... Cnl Young, Kino, Etc..
                      In my defense, I have 3 teenage daughters and two dogs that bark at nothing, so sometimes I miss things on the first watching. Luckily I also record it on DVR so I can watch it again.

Comment

Don't fret! It wasn't made absolutely clear until right at the very end when Young is talking to the camera, right before the credits, that he'd died.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
                          In my defense, I have 3 teenage daughters and two dogs that bark at nothing, so sometimes I miss things on the first watching. Luckily I also record it on DVR so I can watch it again.
                          I'd banish them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                            I'd banish them!!
                            Definitely ban them during SGU, especially if they bark. Actually if I had teenage daughters who regularly barked, I might take them to the doctors too
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              the aliens were left on the water planet as far as i know
                              a few "grains" may have remained on the ship

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                                Definitely ban them during SGU, especially if they bark. Actually if I had teenage daughters who regularly barked, I might take them to the doctors too
                                I'm a middle-aged guy, so when teenage girls start talking at 90 miles an hour, as far as I'm concerned it might as well be barking.

Comment

Working...
                                X