No announcement yet.

What exactly are our new aliens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats to say some of the bugs didnt go back onto the ship when they returned that final time?
    Surely they should have let the away team return, and then banished the bugs
    Otherwise, they could be right back where they started

Comment

These aren't just bugs....these are mutant-super bugs by my standards at least. So you would expect things like these.
      Tst

Comment

Just be happy they are now surrounded by ice/water and can multiply freely.

Comment

They act as a hive mind. Most likely basic intelligence but capable of higher reasoning.

Comment

I guess we can rule out furlings!
            67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
              They act as a hive mind. Most likely basic intelligence but capable of higher reasoning.
              reading in humans' minds and creating images based on it is pretty intelligent by my standards
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Well, this alien is a water hungry being. Now it's happy with those lots of ice and blizzard ..... BUFFET.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                  What official background was given for the "Crystal Skull" aliens? Could it be that they're the Furlings?
                  That's unlikely since Quetlezcoatl said that it was an enemy of the Goa'uld. Considering how advanced the Ancients, Asgard, and Nox are, unless the Furlings have a Replicator problem of their own or Quetlezcoatl was waging the war by itself, they would probably be able to destroy the Goa'uld with ease.

Comment

The way they did the faces - it really reminded me of the water creature from the movie Abyss (which I *loved*)
                    sigpic

Comment

I had an idea about this, it was stated in episode 1 that the ancients sent out unmanned (nanite slaves wouldn't count) ships to 'gather resources and deploy stargates on habitable planets' I wondered if these critters were perhaps an 'evolution' of the original inhabitants of those ships, they know what human faces look like from thier original builders. hence the 'ease' of manifestation. I agree that we probably haven't seen the last of these creatures, 'cos we've got to have a nanotechnology episode sometime soon )

apart from that, it's all good, keep 'em coming. less of the lost-esque flashbacks please and what/who was in that pod that left the destiny and the end of one episode ?, not one of 'our' lot, surely, someone would have noticed.
                      I also suggest that if/when these things can be controlled or communicated with, they ask them ever so nicely to repair the parts of the ship that are open to space. does anyone have a map of the destiny or is there one available online somewhere ?
                      Last edited by Arbitrary; 31 October 2009, 04:11 AM. Reason: second thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by kbtkbt View Post
                        Well, this alien is a water hungry being. Now it's happy with those lots of ice and blizzard ..... BUFFET.
                        Not just water. I'm betting the reason the power supply on went up 40% was due to these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                          They seemed to remind me of those energy bug things from SG-1 Season 4 "Prodigy" where Carter brought the talented USAFA cadet offworld.
                          yep second-cousins once-removed....

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
                            Not just water. I'm betting the reason the power supply on went up 40% was due to these guys.
                            I'm still going for a red dwarf being relatively cool as far as stars go for the power thing.

Anyway, our new aliens makes them sound too much like they'd be the big new enemy in the series but they've said they weren't going for a central enemy with SGU. Admittedly though, they are interesting but mystery is always nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
                              I'm still going for a red dwarf being relatively cool as far as stars go for the power supply only filling up 40%.

Anyway, while the bugswarm is interesting I do kinda hope they're not revisited, or at least not much. Keeping the mystery alive is always nice.

Comment

I hope we figure out who the furlings were/are...

Comment

Working...
                                X