This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    SGA had some of their best eps when main characters were lost or killed off. When everyone is safe, it gets boring.
    but at this stage it's to early to knock anyone off the show. in later seasons i can live with it but not 6 eps in
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
      It was alright. Not as good as 'Light', which I believe is the best episode for SGU so far.

I loved the character moments and such, but some of the plot was meh for me. It's sad, but I would have to say that this episode is in the bottom 2 for me. I did love the ice world though. The set and CGI was great. I also loved seeing the Destiny dropping out and entering FTL. Also, this was written by Carl Binder and as much as I like the guy, his episodes have been lacking for me in the past couple of years with an exception of 1 or 2. Hopefully his next episode, 'Life' will be better.

Next weeks episode looks much better.
      Because something exploded....
      And we thought the sand thing fell for the bait real quick....

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      SGA had some of their best eps when main characters were lost or killed off. When everyone is safe, it gets boring.
      I concur....
      I never thought I'd complain about them coming back. They always come back.

Comment

So much for the dreaded "James/Scott/Chloe" triangle some of you were worried about. Pretty much proved Scott wasn't exactly hiding anything from James.

Comment

"Lt. Johannson is the the house."

While I have been generally positive about the series so far, my one issue has been with the female characters. They changed this with this one by having Lt. Johannson shine. She proved herself to be more than just a medic. One more character that has been elevated, IMO.

I liked the plotting of this one with the juxtaposition of the two different problems having to be solved at the same time. Young continues to shine as leader with a very calm demeanor. He manages to convey a lot of inner strength with little effort.

Greer proved himself yet again and Jamil just dominates every scene he's in. The tension between various factions in the ship are ripe.

The relationship between Eli and Rush is being developed as quite complex. It's clear Rush has respect for Eli's mental skills. He seems to acknowledge that Eli has talents he does not have. But, he's also trying some sort of father figure with the "grow up" advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
            So much for the dreaded "James/Scott/Chloe" triangle some of you were worried about. Pretty much proved Scott wasn't exactly hiding anything from James.
            and venssa doesn't seem to have a problem with it on the surface
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
              Something will happen. She is just waiting for the right moment to go Rambo on Chloe

Comment

i agree, TJ got something to do, as did James. thank goodness they seem to be avoiding the 'you slept with her!@!!!!!' triangle junk.

and greer is good, he's going far beyond the 'psycho stacik' he was first cast as, to someone that's just impatient with red tape and junk and wants to get the job done...but isn't completely perfect and has issues.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

While I have been generally positive about the series so far, my one issue has been with the female characters. They changed this with this one by having Lt. Johannson shine. She proved herself to be more than just a medic. One more character that has been elevated, IMO.

I liked the plotting of this one with the juxtaposition of the two different problems having to be solved at the same time. Young continues to shine as leader with a very calm demeanor. He manages to convey a lot of inner strength with little effort.

Greer proved himself yet again and Jamil just dominates every scene he's in. The tension between various factions in the ship are ripe.

The relationship between Eli and Rush is being developed as quite complex. It's clear Rush has respect for Eli's mental skills. He seems to acknowledge that Eli has talents he does not have. But, he's also trying some sort of father figure with the "grow up" advice.
                  I agree. I loved all of those things with the characters.

I also want to mention that I laughed at Eli's reference to the movie, 'Alien'.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

Sunday is a great example of that.
                    Lifeline also. This Mortal Coil, The Kindred. All good drama eps. If SGA focused more on it's character reaction like SGU does, SGA could likely be the best series of the franchise or at least even with SG-1.

I love SGU for it's characters, and well except for some good moments tonight, it lacked in others.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    but at this stage it's to early to knock anyone off the show. in later seasons i can live with it but not 6 eps in
                    Now yes, Later into next season no. I am kinda rooting for a shocking death. At least it is done well. Carson's death was done very well. Why it was done was a bad excuse. Stupid ratings game.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                    Because something exploded....
                    And we thought the sand thing fell for the bait real quick....

I concur....
                    I never thought I'd complain about them coming back. They always come back.
                    I agree, like Jel said, bringing them back in a cliche way just gets old. I think he said that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and I forgot. We had our very first scene with just two girls this week! The prize goes to Chloe and James! (referencing a point I made in a SGU forum thread)

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

Totally agree tonight was TJ's night and I loved it! Like I said the characters really lifted this episode up. I though the plot was just not as strong.
                        sigpic

Comment

and venssa doesn't seem to have a problem with it on the surface
                          i think she's a bit hurt and surprised, but not all possessive and jealous

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          Something will happen. She is just waiting for the right moment to go Rambo on Chloe
                          i don't think so. i think she and scott were just co-workers seeking comfort
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I want the show to be character driven

*Character driven show airs*

That PLOT WAS WEAK!!!
                            BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

if you kill off pricipe characters this early the series will go down the same road SGA did.

the characters define what the show is
                              I'm actually bonding with several characters - Rush, Greer, Young, even Eli and TJ I'm liking more, and Lt. James showed a lot of class. But Scott and Chloe I can't stand. They do nothing except make out. *yawns* They could both be written out without hurting this show a bit.

Comment

Oh how about an episode where two aliens take over Chloe & James & the alien makes them A) Super Human & B) It makes them think about something they hate the most & obviously the the Scott thing so we get the biggest chick fight ever on TV ?

Comment

Working...
                                X