Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I like Telford more then young. Young is to focused on getting Rush out of the picture even when someone could be left behind. Their distrust really needs to end or kill them both

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Fantastic episode. I felt like I was watching a good ol episode of SG1 or SGA. In my opinion, this is no different than previous Stargates, any doubt for this series from me is gone. The best SGU episode yet, I loved the character moments. Can't wait for the next episode.
      I'm glad you loved it cause you sound as though you had real...real doubts about it before.

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
        What didn't u guys like about it? I thought it beat most of Atlantis episodes and alot of stiff from sg1. But I thought the bugs could of had more screen time
        There was no surprising ending- there was no action of any kind- not any of the traditional physical fighting, no large arguments. No character development at all, aside from a little bit of 'bonding' between Scott and Young. NOTHING happened during this episode. It was just blah. About the only thing I liked was the shots of the alien planet, and the CGI of its sky.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

WAsn't it just a pure stroke of luck the barrel thiing worked....I'm mean they all went in there....

Someone keeps pressing the easy button on these episodes....
          Someone has one of those Staples buttons....I swear....

Comment

I wonder where the deceased will be laid to rest. And have they done away with Chloe's dad yet? I guess Young is healed.

Comment

holy crap! i just notice something The Wormhole effect is Purple i didnt notice that the first time.

Comment

Haha couldnt find a broom closet

good line. and funny

haha HOTH

Nice reuse on the Lost Tribe Suit

yeah, thought they looked familiar

Why is TJ in charge?

she, scott and young are the only 3 officers on the ship. All the rest are non-coms or civilians.

That dude probably shouldnt have shot at those bugs

yeah, that was as stupid as the virgin taking a shower in a scary movie. and even if he was spooked, dude, you got a cloud of critters, you REALLY think bullets will stop it????

I like that theyre following up on 2 episodes ago... nice!

it is, and likely something we'll see more of

Flamethrowers are cool

Everyones lying lol

Thats just as stupid... sir

Suprised the can trick worked

The bugs recognized Scott, wonder if well see them again

i kinda hope so. they're cool.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

U people need to stop watching and go back and rewatch sg1.it's the sixth episode of the series ifnyall can't get into the style of the episodes then it isn't for u.

I love that the one liners aren't cheesy like in sg1 and sga. They seem to flow better and be more natural

it seems with every episode they show a little more of the outside of the ship

the bugs are going to love that planet

Spencer is a bad ass and I think he's going to either lead a revolt or try and take over

Chloe and Scotts relationship is real

I thought the big boobed army chick was gonna throw down

young is the man. And that look he gave rush was great

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    holy crap! i just notice something The Wormhole effect is Purple i didnt notice that the first time.
                    it was more grey.white to me
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      There was no surprising ending- there was no action of any kind- not any of the traditional physical fighting, no large arguments. No character development at all, aside from a little bit of 'bonding' between Scott and Young. NOTHING happened during this episode. It was just blah. About the only thing I liked was the shots of the alien planet, and the CGI of its sky.
                      Well they got more water.
                      They found out why the water source was depleting.
                      We got our first casualty from an alien race in that galaxy.
                      And so on....

And Stargate Atlantis was cheeeeeeesy.

And I have a crush on Young.

Comment

It should be protocol for new SGC people to read mission reports though. Heck have Daniel make audio books

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          it was more grey.white to me

Yeah I saw grey not purple.

Comment

Well, it was much better than last week's episode. It was great seeing the Sand Entity again, too bad it's gone (for now). The A plot didn't do much for me at all. Pretty boring actually, but at least the entire plot wasn't as utterly predictable as last week's episode.

I wish we could see more character backstories, because right now I don't much care for any of them. For a show that's trying to bill itself more as a character drama, it has a surprising lack of interesting characters. Scott, Young, Greer, TJ and Camille are all pretty much cardboard cutouts at this point. Eli tries too hard to be the geeky comic relief guy, and while he's funny sometimes, many other times he's just annoying (like this week's cringe-worthy Hoth comment). Chloe is, surprisingly, the most likable and down-to-earth character right now, hampered only by her relationship with Scott. Rush seems like he could be an interesting character but the writers don't seem to be doing much with him.

I'd also like to see this show build up some kind of a complex mythology. Right now the only story is a group of people surviving on a ship, trying to find their way home. After six episodes I'm kinda getting sick of these crisis-of-the-week stories. I want some mystery, something to think about. At first the Sand Entity seemed to be just the thing, but it's supposedly off the ship now and we didn't learn much more about it in this episode. Basically, I really just want to see interesting, well-developed characters with a complex overarching mythology.
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
                              U people need to stop watching and go back and rewatch sg1.it's the sixth episode of the series ifnyall can't get into the style of the episodes then it isn't for u.

I love that the one liners aren't cheesy like in sg1 and sga. They seem to flow better and be more natural

it seems with every episode they show a little more of the outside of the ship

the bugs are going to love that planet

Spencer is a bad ass and I think he's going to either lead a revolt or try and take over

Chloe and Scotts relationship is real

I thought the big boobed army chick was gonna throw down

young is the man. And that look he gave rush was great
                              Oh, yeah, that's definitely mature.

I loved Darkness/Light. Those were great, climactic episodes IMO. I didn't care for this episode. It had some one-liners, but that's about it. It flatlined the whole way through as far as suspense.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

maybe i'm going color blind then i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X