X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I hate when this happens!

You go from the best episode or at least one of the best eps to your liking to one of the meh eps and not one of your favorites. I just did not feel the intense drama like from "Air" part 3. Air part 3 you had the gate open ready to shut down, the countdown to Destiny entering Hyperdrive going, people running out of air, and two guys running in the desert, one almost ready to die out there. This episode was too predictable.

It played right out of the Stargate101 handbook.

Q: What do you do with an alien entity?
    A: Send it through the gate.

Q: We have a Redshirt approaching an Alien entity
    A: Have him shoot it and then get killed.

Q: Someone falls into a revine and is stuck?
    A: Stay with them until something happens that they are free. This was the tremor that freed Scott.

If they are going to have stories like this, they should of just renewed SGA, at least SGA had more action and exploration.

Ending on a postive note...

The character moments were really good, and that is likely what saved this ep from falling into a C-/D+ category. This time Rush goes after Eli. But Rush was right in his call. Eli needs to understand what is important for survival. So I liked that little confrontation. T.J. also scored a lot of points for me. I really like her character. I also liked the moment she looks at Eli when she lies to Young. Again, the right call for survival, and Young has his own problems to deal with. Does not need more. As per Chloe, She needs to go.

I don't think the lying was a good call, but it wasn't a bad call either.
    See, Where I thought this was going to go wrong is that everyone was going to start underplaying the danger of what was going on ...on either side of the gate and finally they'd realise that their lying was actually getting in the way.

hmmm...that didn't happen.

Comment

Best episode yet. Aliens, offworld location, gunfire, good character moments, funny lines. Less boring than some of the previous eps with 42 minutes of talking heads. Not that I hated the earlier episodes.
      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
        @avfan

Did big boobed army chick offend u ? If it did I'm sry but so what. I'm not 4 yrs old and I don't think anyone else here is. I bet you don't like the kissing and love/ sex scenes either.no need to take the internet to heart
        You know, she has a name. Both the character (which I'm less upset about), and the actor. It's demeaning to refer to someone as shallowly as that. And btw, those weren't 'love' scenes. At least not as I've come to know love.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

really, was getting the ice worth it?

they got what? couple hundred pounds at the most? maybe 50 gallons???

that won't even get them a day

if they really wanted to replenish their supplies they needed thousands of pounds of ice
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
            We have our first death too! Good move! Shoot at the Tiny Aliens! Why would you do that!?

- CB
            He did not read the mission reports. Does he not know how to read ? Is reading a requirement to join the Air Force ? All he had to do was read some papers to find out why it is not a good idea to randomly shoot at unknown aliens. Thats it have Daniel make audio tapes

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              I liked this episode overall but...
              4) and Lastly, how many people were yawning and going 'come on, colonel, tie the rope to the floating thing that can hall a ton of ice and then haul up Scott.
              Yeah, I was thinking that same thing! I mean I kind of guessed that a tremor would free up Scott and he would get out of there, but I was really hoping for some cool space suit function to kick in and save the day. It did seem a little 'recycled'. Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just think it was a slow episode. SG1 and SGA certainly had those too.

- CB
              Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
              Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                Best episode yet. Aliens, offworld location, gunfire, good character moments, funny lines. Less boring than some of the previous eps with 42 minutes of talking heads. Not that I hated the earlier episodes.
                You were thrilled by gun fire at ice and small swarming aliens?
                Hmmmm....that's very interesting.

Comment

Episodes are not going to go the way everyone wants. We all know the direction they want to take the show in and they are doing that but not every episode can be 100% about the character or about action. This episode seems like it was more of a drama episode with Scott being stuck the water problem and the alien thing .

Now as far as the episode playing out of stargate 101. Any movie or tv show when some one sees an alien for the first time someone ends of shooting and dying. I don't see a problem with that. Putting it through the
                  gate is the logical choice seeing as that's the only place to
                  go and this is stargate

Comment

This was an improvement, as long as Scott and Chloe weren't around. Lt. Man Ho chomping on chicks is OLD. I'd sure like to see him do something, oh, HEROIC. Col. Young mentioned he had a huge heart. Yeah dude, he has a huge something but you got the wrong body part.

Now, for the good stuff:

Like TJ much better, but her hair looks like some sort of deformed helmet. I wish she would do something different with it.

Greer is just awesome, and I'm hoping to get a Greer/Spencer smackdown at some point.

Sand creatures were interesting and seemed to be trying to communicate somehow. Unless TPTB intend to revisit these critters, seems like it was a waste to maroon them.

Sometimes I really like Eli, sometimes I don't, but I did like the "grow up" references Rush made, like "sometimes grownups lie".

Lt James closet comment to Lt. <mod snip, his name is Scott, try using it please>. *LOL* Seriously, she should have shot him.

Oddities:

Young told Eli to clean up his area, but since he didn't bring anything with him, what was to clean up?

Wasn't Young using a CANE last we saw him? So how could he dig up, stack, carry ice, not to mention drag a dead weight man up a cliff?

Wish list:

I wish Young had left Scott behind.

I wish Chloe would lose her lipgloss. . .and have fewer scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                      Wish list:

I wish Young had left Scott behind.

I wish Chloe would lose her lipgloss. . .and have fewer scenes.
                      if you kill off pricipe characters this early the series will go down the same road SGA did.

the characters define what the show is
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have a problem with stargate personnel shooting at aliens just for the heck of it...
                        It's a really dumb plot device...

It's a ship...you don't fire your weapon for no reason on a ship...
                        Come'on everyone knows that.

Comment

It was alright. Not as good as 'Light', which I believe is the best episode for SGU so far.

I loved the character moments and such, but some of the plot was meh for me. Like others have said, it really lacked a climax that got you on the edge of your seat, which the other episodes had. It's sad, but I would have to say that this episode is in the bottom 2 for me. I did love the ice world though. The set and CGI was great. I also loved seeing the Destiny dropping out and entering FTL. Also, this was written by Carl Binder and as much as I like the guy, his episodes have been lacking for me in the past couple of years with an exception of 1 or 2. Hopefully his next episode, 'Life' will be better.

Next weeks episode looks much better.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            if you kill off pricipe characters this early the series will go down the same road SGA did.

the characters define what the show is
                            SGA had some of their best eps when main characters were lost or killed off. When everyone is safe, it gets boring.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              SGA had some of their best eps when main characters were lost or killed off. When everyone is safe, it gets boring.

Sunday is a great example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                                It was alright. Not as good as 'Light', which I believe is the best episode for SGU so far.

I loved the character moments and such, but some of the plot was meh for me. It's sad, but I would have to say that this episode is in the bottom 2 for me. I did love the ice world though. The set and CGI was great. I also loved seeing the Destiny dropping out and entering FTL. Also, this was written by Carl Binder and as much as I like the guy, his episodes have been lacking for me in the past couple of years with an exception of 1 or 2. Hopefully his next episode, 'Life' will be better.

Next weeks episode looks much better.
                                I agree, the ep was not bad, but Light I think was the best ep of the series. The character interaction I think was stronger in "light" than this episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X