Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it looks like they are already re-using past plot-lines/devices. Come on TPTB.

Comment

the bugs didn't seem effected at all by the cold, so i doubt they're marooned forever
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yeah there were good one liners...but that's all the episode was.
        I feel kind of crest fallen after light.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
          Well it looks like they are already re-using past plot-lines/devices. Come on TPTB.
          Well it only made sense. Take the thing that wants water and put it where there's lots of water.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

@avfan

why does it need all of that. If they wanted that then the would of put it in. This show is slower paced. I'm sure there will be some action later but this isn't a show based on the same techy stuff Kirk sga ad sg1

as for the cast in sga they all were bad except Rodney and sheppard. Everyone else ha no appeal in my opinion. Sgu is trying to build on the characters not the tech

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              Well it only made sense. Take the thing that wants water and put it where there's lots of water.
              Its just that it is lazy. They could have and should have had the Nurse communicate with the dust devil, get it to return all of the water, and have it go to Hoth were it can drink all that it wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                the bugs didn't seem effected at all by the cold, so i doubt they're marooned forever
                i got the feeling the bugs might have been the reason the planet in "air PT3 was a desert. the bugs took all the water.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I hate when this happens!

You go from the best episode or at least one of the best eps to your liking to one of the meh eps and not one of your favorites. I just did not feel the intense drama like from "Air" part 3. Air part 3 you had the gate open ready to shut down, the countdown to Destiny entering Hyperdrive going, people running out of air, and two guys running in the desert, one almost ready to die out there. This episode was too predictable.

It played right out of the Stargate101 handbook.

Q: What do you do with an alien entity?
                  A: Send it through the gate.

Q: We have a Redshirt approaching an Alien entity
                  A: Have him shoot it and then get killed.

Q: Someone falls into a revine and is stuck?
                  A: Stay with them until something happens that they are free. This was the tremor that freed Scott.

If they are going to have stories like this, they should of just renewed SGA, at least SGA had more action and exploration.

Ending on a postive note...

The character moments were really good, and that is likely what saved this ep from falling into a C-/D+ category. This time Rush goes after Eli. But Rush was right in his call. Eli needs to understand what is important for survival. So I liked that little confrontation. T.J. also scored a lot of points for me. I really like her character. I also liked the moment she looks at Eli when she lies to Young. Again, the right call for survival, and Young has his own problems to deal with. Does not need more. As per Chloe, She needs to go.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                    Its just that it is lazy. They could have and should have had the Nurse communicate with the dust devil, get it to return all of the water, and have it go to Hoth were it can drink all that it wants.
                    Communication would have been interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
                      @avfan

why does it need all of that. If they wanted that then the would of put it in. This show is slower paced. I'm sure there will be some action later but this isn't a show based on the same techy stuff Kirk sga ad sg1

as for the cast in sga they all were bad except Rodney and sheppard. Everyone else ha no appeal in my opinion. Sgu is trying to build on the characters not the tech
                      Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Darkness/Light had TONS of character development, and I loved it. This episode had very little of ANYTHING going on, including character development.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I had some hope with last weeks episode because I thought the acting and writing had improved greatly but this week went back to boring for me.

The entity sucking up all their water was just like the Atlantis episode where the entity was sucking up all their power. The solution was even the same. Lure it in, trap it and get it through the gate.

I'm back to not liking this show but perhaps next weeks episode with change things. The preview looked interesting.

Comment

@avfan

Did big boobed army chick offend u ? If it did I'm sry but so what. I'm not 4 yrs old and I don't think anyone else here is. I bet you don't like the kissing and love/ sex scenes either.no need to take the internet to heart

Comment

I liked this episode overall but...

1) am waiting for fan reaction/squabbling over Scott thinking with his other brains. You know, Young is gonna get really pissed if Scott is turning off/ignoring radio calls so he can kiss/have sex with female.

2) the little alien floating aliens were, well, been there, seen that. They attacked O'Neill and his team in "Prodigy" (on the moon) and were pesky on SGA's "Defiant One." but apparently they have a thing for Scott. Must be female aliens..

3) Tossing the aliens through the gate was a no-brainer and so apparent that, well... it was too apparent. Reminded me of "Message in a Bottle" (SG1)

4) and Lastly, how many people were yawning and going 'come on, colonel, tie the rope to the floating thing that can hall a ton of ice and then haul up Scott.

Actors were good, writing needs work. Hopefully somebody snagged a box full of Prozac/etc cuz everybody seems to dislike/not trust each other. Wow, what a happy crew. NOT. Except for those having sex.

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
                              @avfan

Did big boobed army chick offend u ? If it did I'm sry but so what. I'm not 4 yrs old and I don't think anyone else here is. I bet you don't like the kissing and love/ sex scenes either.no need to take the internet to heart
                              the point is, let's discuss things without being crude. 'the big boobed army chick' is called Vanessa James, so try using her name please
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Humm,

So far I have really liked the series though this episode was really slow for me. We got to see some different sides of each character, which made for nice development. We also got to see Sgt Screw-up getting caught for stealing stuff finally. That guy just need to get whacked over the head with a P90 or something. (Too bad I haven't seen any P90s yet)

I'm looking forward to when they say why the spacesuits in SGU and SGA look the same. I know one of the writers said there is a reason for them being so similar, so hopefully soon they will give us some explanation on that. They didn't seem to be able to do the cool Asgard tricks though ... or they didn't need to use them. Interesting to see more of that to come.

Chloe remains useless in this episode as well. All she does is kind of walk around and complain at people, or do the romance thing. I'll be happy if she actually ends up having a purpose at some point other then just simply being there. She said it herself though, what's she supposed to do as a Senator's daughter? Hopefully it involves 'useful' in the next few episodes.

It wasn't an overly interesting episodes, but it certainly helped progress the storyline some.

We have our first death too! Good move! Shoot at the Tiny Aliens! Why would you do that!?

- CB
                                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Working...
                                X