Old Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Well, since we never saw Anubis's face, it was not that much of a slide to me.
    Didn't he also play Sokar?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      That wasn't my point. There is a lot more to surveillance than climbing a ladder and taking some photos. Besides that, surveillance work in teams and utilise teamwork.
      Daniel was working in a team. He was the forward scout, observing the situation and taking photos (maybe to see if anyone off-world can identify the faces involved and improve their chances of finding Rush), and he was the one to tell his back-up to move in when the situation got hot. It just happens that they had a ship waiting in the wings and got away too quickly for Daniel's back-up to be any good.

Daniel was already doing surveillance in previous episodes anyway. He, Carter, and Agent Barrett were involved in the surveillance of Ba'al. Daniel has the experience for this role. Plus, when Jack was told there might be people he could not trust, of course he has to turn to Daniel.

Comment

(QR)

I enjoyed having Daniel and Jack back.

Having Daniel be the tail and spy, made sence to me. He is afterall, the brains behind knowing who the major players are in the former Goald and new Alliance groups. He would be the best person to quickly ID who was there. also, b/c of what he knows, he would also be the next best person to anticipate what they might do.

Teal'C would be the best person really for the entire thing, but if i recall, Teal'c is out trying to rebuild an honest society for the Jaffa.
        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

SG1 members have ALWAYS undertaken roles outside of their remit.

Hell, in SG1 Daniel interviewed Sgt. Harriman about the dissapearance of the stargate. SG1 - a first contact team, raided an NID earth based operation... why not use SG3?

The way Jack said Carter had provided certain intelligence sort of implied to me that the SG1 dynamic was still going strong despite the original team having moved on. Daniel, Jack and Sam are still working together, but in different ways, and Daniel is STILL doing things he's not technically qualified for. Realistically, this ep felt a lot like SG1 - The Next Generation to me, and that's not necessarily a bad thing... it worked. I LIKED Daniel's role in it, and I liked Carter's mention.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            SG1 members have ALWAYS undertaken roles outside of their remit.

Hell, in SG1 Daniel interviewed Sgt. Harriman about the dissapearance of the stargate. SG1 - a first contact team, raided an NID earth based operation... why not use SG3?

The way Jack said Carter had provided certain intelligence sort of implied to me that the SG1 dynamic was still going strong despite the original team having moved on. Daniel, Jack and Sam are still working together, but in different ways, and Daniel is STILL doing things he's not technically qualified for. Realistically, this ep felt a lot like SG1 - The Next Generation to me, and that's not necessarily a bad thing... it worked. I LIKED Daniel's role in it, and I liked Carter's mention.
            Well to be honest after 13 years of SG1 and the numerous operations they’ve undertaken, including many investigations of NID, Trust and the odd Goa’uld on Earth, then it’s pretty fair to say at this point, that while Jackson certainly wasn’t qualified for the role before he joined the SGC, he bloody well is now.

Comment

Daniel Jackson can do anything. He is like Indiana Jones......times two.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                Didn't he also play Sokar?
                Yes. I was just watching The Devil You Know yesterday and realized whilst watching that Sokar was the same guy that played Anubis and then the one in SGU using the pain stick on Rush. He gets around.

Comment

Na. He has no fedora or whip, so he cannot be indy x2.

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                    Maybe he's part of some secret Goau'ld cloning program? That would explain why there are so many of him wandering around.
                    Well, I think that in the early years of Atlantis all the Wraith who had main roles were played by the same actor.

It was sooooooo good to see Daniel! And Jack! It was almost like a season finale when they bring out all the favorite characters.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                      Yeh but I'm not sure he'd really fit in with SGU. I liked his character on SG1 and Atlantis but he'd just seem out of place on Destiny.
                      I really like Rodney, but he would SO totally freak out on Destiny.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Daniel Jackson can do anything. He is like Indiana Jones......times two.
                        I like that. Indiana Jones is one of my favourite characters.
                        Besides, it couldn't have been Teal'c, I'm not sure he knew how to use the camera or drive the car.

Comment

I liked seeing Daniel again, and getting some "old fashioned" Daniel-Jack moments, not just his vague "ascended-y" role in Rush's lucid dream. I do wish there was more of him in the episode, though I dont know where else I would have put him in that story without it being just to have him in a scene.

Comment

Daniel could ascend once more and then descend on Destiny. He would translate all those symbols in the database, check all the ruins they ever discover on different planets, help people to get along better and fall in love with TJ. And no need for all those "I checked dr Jackson's notes" remarks anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
                              Daniel could ascend once more and then descend on Destiny. He would translate all those symbols in the database, check all the ruins they ever discover on different planets, help people to get along better and fall in love with TJ. And no need for all those "I checked dr Jackson's notes" remarks anymore.
                              Works for me!

Comment

Yeah, seeing Daniel and Jack again was pretty cool, though the Young/O'Neill interactions left me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Perhaps it it just me, but Young does seem to be overly terse with Jack. I thought Young would have a bit more respect than walking out of an office without being dismissed or in leading the convo with Telford. I know people wouldn't want to see Jack suddenly out of character, but I think they could certainly update some of his dialogue a bit to line up with the tone of the show a little more. His "I know what makes me special" line kind of jerked me out of the gravity of the monologue Telford was delivering.

Comment

Working...
                                X