Old Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
    Anyone catch the bounty hunter who appeared on SG-1?

Yes I caught it... Is he the same I wonder or same actor dif role to play?
    sigpic

Comment

recycled anubis! I love it! giving these subs some more work in hard times.
      sigpic

Comment

Daniel was sort of stunt casting, but Jack needed someone that he could trust I guess. Plus there needed to be a moral voice on earth, and he fit the bill perfectly. Liked the little bit of Jack humour. But wow, he was different from his character in the late SG-1 episodes.

I don't think any of the SGA cast would fit on this show, as much as I liked them. (Plus, prefer to think that they are all back in Pegasus with Atlantis )

I also don't think that they should rely too much on the SG-1 characters, other than maybe Jack. Once a season, or where it really fits. Nice to see them though.

It's always bugged me how they reuse actors in roles so much, especially where they are interacting with the same characters. Guess Vancouver has a small pool to use.

Comment

I thought it was awesome to see some similar faces. Plus they made the Lucian Alliance really come to life. They were not a very convincing enemy on SG-1 but just from that one episode you could tell that they have very sufficiently taken control of the vacuum left over by the Goa'uld. Keep it coming!

Comment

Its getting a bit tired. Jack is ok since he has a use, but Daneil...not so much. Its time to let the series mature on its own without the extra baggage.

Comment

I like those guys as its better than adding a generic general generic black ops guy

though agent barrett might have made more sense he's more sams contact

The only SGA character i can see coming back is Caldwell and the Daedalus which might be neat if they have a massive space battle have him be the second with sam and the Hammond.

As for vala and Mitchell i'm certain they are still SG1 would be neat to see them plus someone like cadett haley now some sort of officer obviously its been a few years

The only other conceivable cross over is something someone proposed a while back that the vanir asgard have been to destiny at some point hence the suits but I'm more inclined to think they just have newer versions looking at all the extra stuff theirs have.

Well there is furlings but I don't want anything blatant maybe a paradise lost style tease

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I did like seeing Jack and Daniel in the episode. But since when did Daniel start being a spy (as in following Rush and taking pictures of who he was with) with a camera and stop being an archaeologist?

I'm sure I'll enjoy next week jsut as much, as I'm going to assume those two, along with Sam Carter will be in the episode.

Initially I was like "The hell? They sent Daniel?"

Then I remember that they wanted as few people as possible to know about it.

So since O'Neill had a limited amount of people to choose from.. he chose Daniel. Shows alot of trust.

Comment

They didn't lock him up. They let him go suggesting he go dispose of Netan ... which he did. And I really doubt he would have gone back to earth after that to allow himself to be put in prison. He probably stayed and became a member of the LA. According to the IMDB cast list for this episode, he isn't Odai Ventrel; it's Verro (even though nobody said his name in the episode).
                  I'm just gonna pretend he's Odai until they call him Varro on-screen.

Comment

I did like seeing Jack and Daniel in the episode. But since when did Daniel start being a spy (as in following Rush and taking pictures of who he was with) with a camera and stop being an archaeologist?

I'm sure I'll enjoy next week jsut as much, as I'm going to assume those two, along with Sam Carter will be in the episode.
                    he spent a lot of time with jack and teal'c ... why not ? i

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    I think they sent Daniel just because Jack knew he could trust him. Remember Young kept talking about how he didn't know how far the LA infiltration went, and he was taking a chance even telling Jack.
                    agree!

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                    Its getting a bit tired. Jack is ok since he has a use, but Daneil...not so much. Its time to let the series mature on its own without the extra baggage.
                    No, daniel should bee on the ship more often helping rush a bit !

while i enjoy seeing daniel doing the spy business alone i would love it if teal'c was his back up ... like a two men mission and i have to add two civillian men .. so they didn't have to explain things if something goes wrong !!
                    And like somebody said before, loved all the old stargate sg1 stuff
                    Last edited by hiro; 23 May 2010, 02:36 PM. Reason: updating
                    Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

I was so happy to see RDA and Michael Shanks.

But did Jack really have to send Daniel to shadow Rush? Don't they have highly trained military personnel that do that? I guess Daniel really has become a ninja!

Comment

I must admit I thought it too much of a stretch for Daniel to be a surveillance operative in this ep. The only way I can justify it is along the lines of him being one of the only people Jack can trust, but apart from that he would certainly not be the first choice in that sort of job.

But logic aside, it was cool to see him again so what the heck.
                        sigpic

Comment

Daniel can be trusted and he knows as much as anyone on Earth about the Lucian Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                            Daniel can be trusted and he knows as much as anyone on Earth about the Lucian Alliance.
                            That wasn't my point. There is a lot more to surveillance than climbing a ladder and taking some photos. Besides that, surveillance work in teams and utilise teamwork.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe Daniel just wanted the job, to be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                                That's a sad slide...anubis to guy with mini-pain stick....
                                Well, since we never saw Anubis's face, it was not that much of a slide to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X