Old Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I did like seeing Jack and Daniel in the episode. But since when did Daniel start being a spy (as in following Rush and taking pictures of who he was with) with a camera and stop being an archaeologist?

I'm sure I'll enjoy next week jsut as much, as I'm going to assume those two, along with Sam Carter will be in the episode.
    Ummmm he probably taken up a part time agent's job when he has free time - may be in some episodes, producers did not make.

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
    I know what you mean, I just wonder what kind of status Daniel has. I think that has always been a bit obscure, is he just the archaeological consultant, or is like some kind of SGC agent? He has to have had some kind of training because he was leading those guys into a potential battle before the ship escaped.
    Man, Daniel has more battle experience than probably any of the strike team members. and it would be awkward to believe he did not receive some kind of training before continuing his extra terrestrial archeology for all those years.....

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Yes it was. though i do wonder why they had daniel doing the scouting/spying, and not someone more used to it.
      In my mind, O'Neill wanted to have someone he was completely sure was not working with the Alliance tailing Rush. Daniel fits the bill.
      "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
      "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
        Is it just me, or was it really refreshing to see Stargate Alumni back on the show? I loved how the man sent to tail rush was Daniel, and I went completely nuts when Jack ended up on Destiny. More of this please!
        I felt Daniel was completely out of place to me. It doesn't make sense that with the people Jack commands he couldn't get someone actually trained in ops like this.

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        I really liked that RDA got to do some humorous stuff in this ep. For the first time in SGU, he really felt like the real Jack O'Neill.
        He really did. he got some great Jack lines and mannerisms. It was good to see.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

The characters are out of their element, except Jack who wouldn't really drastically affect the outcome and "work" being done on the destiny. Sort of showed that if the writers do write in the former characters of the other shows, it's not going to be done in the capacity of their respective fields. They'd end the show too quickly. Jack was fantastic though. Reused classic Jack but it was awesome regardless, Young tells him casually wrong way sir.

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
            If anyone crosses over from Atlantis I'd want it to be John, he's the only one I can see fitting in.
            or Rodney
            he's one of what 5? people that would understand Destiny's tech easily enough(Rush, Carter, him, Zelenka and ????)

Comment

I love this episode so much because of the old faces, I almost felt like I was watching a new episode of SG1! And that, made me very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by artbrann View Post
                or Rodney
                he's one of what 5? people that would understand Destiny's tech easily enough(Rush, Carter, him, Zelenka and ????)
                Yeh but I'm not sure he'd really fit in with SGU. I liked his character on SG1 and Atlantis but he'd just seem out of place on Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  Yeah, but it bothered me that we didn't get confirmation that it was him because this actor has played two other characters before including one since he played Odai Ventrell. I mean obviously it was him, but they should have had Kiva say his name.
                  I would have liked Daniel to say "Yep, definitely Lucian Alliance" after he saw the bounty hunter, although I would have thought the SGC would lock him up after he tried to capture SG-1. Well, since the SGC has been infiltrated by the Alliance, I guess someone could have let him out (if he was the bounty hunter).

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I loved seeing the old faces, as well as the cargo ship, hyperspace, a pyramid, a DHD....
                  The hyperspace definitely looked nice, but I could have done without that sudden zoom into the cargo ship. I just don't like it. Just one more thing they copied from BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I liked seeing Jack but Daniel was nothing short of stunt casting. His role seemed to have no purpose
                    I liked Daniel's 'he has rights' moment.

But... no matter how much I love SG-1 to bits... I wasn't happy with Daniel and Jack in this ep. It didn't make sense to have Daniel to be the one snapping pics, and if Jack had been as serious as he was in the beginning of SGU S1, I would've been happy.

However, it was fun to see goa'uld cargo ship and hyperspace travel with SGU's filming style.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                      I would have liked Daniel to say "Yep, definitely Lucian Alliance" after he saw the bounty hunter, although I would have thought the SGC would lock him up after he tried to capture SG-1. Well, since the SGC has been infiltrated by the Alliance, I guess someone could have let him out (if he was the bounty hunter).
                      They didn't lock him up. They let him go suggesting he go dispose of Netan ... which he did. And I really doubt he would have gone back to earth after that to allow himself to be put in prison. He probably stayed and became a member of the LA. According to the IMDB cast list for this episode, he isn't Odai Ventrel; it's Verro (even though nobody said his name in the episode).

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
                        Is it just me, or was it really refreshing to see Stargate Alumni back on the show? I loved how the man sent to tail rush was Daniel, and I went completely nuts when Jack ended up on Destiny. More of this please!
                        I actually really enjoyed the scene where Daniel is tailing them and talking to Jack on his radio. The dialogue was very reminiscent of SG1 (especially when Jack mentioned Carter) and it's really interesting to see some of our favorite old characters in SGU what with the new filming style and other cinematographic elements.
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

The LA "lead scientist", whose name was Olan was played by the same actor that played Sheriff Wade Stokes in SG1, S10, "Uninvited"; and also played Sam Carter's brother in "Seth". Took me awhile to figure out why he seemed so familiar, until I saw his name (John Murphy) in the credits at the end of the episode.

Also, the guy using the pain stick on Rush to torture him also played Anubis on SG1.

Comment

That's a sad slide...anubis to guy with mini-pain stick....

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              The LA "lead scientist", whose name was Olan was played by the same actor that played Sheriff Wade Stokes in SG1, S10, "Uninvited"; and also played Sam Carter's brother in "Seth". Took me awhile to figure out why he seemed so familiar, until I saw his name (John Murphy) in the credits at the end of the episode.

Also, the guy using the pain stick on Rush to torture him also played Anubis on SG1.
                              LOL, I guess the pool of extras for SG is limited

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                Daniel seemed like a completely different character
                                Yes it was actually Agent Barrett with a mimic device from Foothold
                                sigpic
                                Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Working...
                                X