Rush in the episode, his actions and experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. I got the impression the aliens got "surrender" from Rush's mind. I don't think he's in cahoots with the aliens. Rush wants Destiny all to himself and he doesn't seem to want to share.

He was in shock when Young broke the tank. He seemed realistically disoriented and then moved on instinct when Young left the creature's body. He's still a nancy for getting knocked the f out by one punch from Young, though.
    he might be planning on double crossing both of them and taking destiny for himself.

Comment

*sigh* Rush is my hero.
      sigpic

Comment

The alien's body seemed to be more adapated towards a low g environment. Even though it was taller than Rush, it's overall mass was much less than his, which would give him a considerable advantage in a physical confrontation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
          The alien's body seemed to be more adapated towards a low g environment.
          If that's the case, one would assume the artificial gravity on the ship would be in line with that. And I saw no evidence of that with Rush moving about.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            If that's the case, one would assume the artificial gravity on the ship would be in line with that. And I saw no evidence of that with Rush moving about.
            Actually, looking at those aliens, I think it's possible they wouldn't need anti grav at all, but from a storytelling standpoint it would be a mess if the characters spent half the episode floating around the corridors trying to get a grip on something.

Comment

Actually, looking at those aliens, I think it's possible they wouldn't need anti grav at all, but from a storytelling standpoint it would be a mess if the characters spent half the episode floating around the corridors trying to get a grip on something.
              Huh? Why wouldn't they need it?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                he might be planning on double crossing both of them and taking destiny for himself.
                Rush is definitely an opportunist, but I just don't see the aliens cooperating with a human. I can be sure Rush will take advantage of the situation and benefit from the aftermath.

Comment

Huh? Why wouldn't they need it?
                  They wouldn't need it since their low mass already points to adaptation towards a low g environment. If your species (or subsegment thereof) has already evolved in that direction, it would be a pointless waste of whatever energy is required to generate artificial gravity on that ship.

Comment

They wouldn't need it since their low mass already points to adaptation towards a low g environment. If your species (or subsegment thereof) has already evolved in that direction, it would be a pointless waste of whatever energy is required to generate artificial gravity on that ship.
                    Yeah, but, again, you're assuming that they evolved in a low-G environment and I just don't know why you do. It could simply be a result of an evolutionary process in which the species has become so dependent on technology accomplishing everyday tasks that their physical bodies have become weak, losing muscle mass.

Comment

It was a really great Rush momment, probably my favourite so far.

Comment

Saboteur. What's with all the badly spelled thread titles?! I can count at least 3 of them in the Space folder.

Comment

Yeah, but, again, you're assuming that they evolved in a low-G environment and I just don't know why you do. It could simply be a result of an evolutionary process in which the species has become so dependent on technology accomplishing everyday tasks that their physical bodies have become weak, losing muscle mass.
                          I'm assuming they evolved towards a low g environment that way, since biologists point to this as an eventual necessity for our species aspirations towards space travel and colonization of other worlds. With what we've learned about the human genome, it would be simpler from a technical standpoint to alter ourselves in such a way, than it would be to alter our environment (in this example: space) to adapt towards us.

Imagine the surprise of the viewers if one of the scientists on the destiny tested a cellular sample of the aliens and discovered their DNA is eeerily similar to ours.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            His whole escape was so Rushian. He uses the mind link thing to get info on how to escape. He breaks out Chloe so he can get her trust/support - another soldier for his little coup. He fights dirty and chokes an alien to death.

Good times.
                            LOL, perfect description.

Comment

I doubt it. It seems unlikely even Rush knows how the stones work. I also don't see what the aliens have to gain with entering a deal with Rush. It was seen if they really wanted to they could have boarded Destin themselves
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I doubt it. It seems unlikely even Rush knows how the stones work. I also don't see what the aliens have to gain with entering a deal with Rush. It was seen if they really wanted to they could have boarded Destin themselves
                                It made no sense with why they left. They could have easily boarded the Destiny & kill everyone or capture the most valuable crew members. Its like they included aliens because the writers knew ahead of time what back slash they will get. If these guys never show up again like the Foot Hold aliens then this show goes back to crap. It has me worried that
                                Spoiler:
                                the Lucian Alliance will be the main enemy
                                & we never see aliens again after this

Comment

Working...
                                X