Rush in the episode, his actions and experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    If Rush wanted to take control of destiny. he could have told the aliens how to recreate the stone technology to bring someone over and set up the whole space battle to make it look like rush saves chloe.
    1) Not even Rush knows how to recreate the stone technology.
    2) Why would the aliens randomly help Rush take over the ship?
    3) If Rush really wanted to take over the ship, he would've just exposed Rush's attempted murder on him to the populus at large upon his return. He knew there were doubts and unrest.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    this explains the message in english, the way rush acted around the alien young was in (althogh not sure why he killed it, unless it isnt dead at all)
    It was established in the episode that the aliens used a neural interface to read probe people's minds.

While Rush is still looking for ways to take over command, I highly doubt he used the aliens to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      It made no sense with why they left. They could have easily boarded the Destiny & kill everyone or capture the most valuable crew members.
      They might have left because they didn't want the people on Destiny to blow themselves up by continuing to fire their weapons.

Comment

Isn't she just another useless mouth to feed on Destiny as far as Rush would be concerned?

Comment

Saving her gives him credibility and respect.
          He isn't evil, either. He saved her also because he could.

Having said that... Remember the woman in horror movies who falls down while running from the monster and gets eaten while her companion runs away...
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

If theres only one person escaping then that person has to run faster than his / her persuers. If theres two people escaping then to ensure freedom you only have to run faster than the other person, not your captors / persuers.

Comment

Maybe Rush secretly loves Chloe! Or maybe Rush wishes to get close to Chloe in a father-daughter type way. With Rush, who knows?

Comment

Incest. Ew.
                She does partly blame him for killing her father. Maybe he feels responsible for her somehow. Bah. Stranger things [Park's avid reading] have happened.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                  Isn't she just another useless mouth to feed on Destiny as far as Rush would be concerned?
                  Character development my friend. Rush is becoming more the hero, and likeable person on the Destiny. It is also showing that he does have a heart.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Character development my friend. Rush is becoming more the hero, and likeable person on the Destiny. It is also showing that he does have a heart.
                    And after the scene at the end of Space he is back to villian
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think he did it to mess with everybody's head. He's playing psychological games.
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        And he wants everyone to know it. If he becomes more of a 'nice guy', then his war with Young will become a bit easier with more public support on his side.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Nah, I think he just did it for street cred. Or maybe he can have heroic moments too.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Nah, I think he just did it for street cred. Or maybe he can have heroic moments too.
                            Yeah I think you could be right, he probably just did it to win over the crew so that when/if he and Wray try to take over they will stand a better chance.

It seems obvious though that Rush is willing to let people die to achieve his goals (like letting the guy use the chair) and I doubt he'd have taken the risk of rescuing Chloe if it wasn't part of another plan.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              Incest. Ew.
                              She does partly blame him for killing her father. Maybe he feels responsible for her somehow. Bah. Stranger things [Park's avid reading] have happened.
                              That is a good catch. Maybe he does feel remorse for what happened to her father.

Comment

I think Rush rescued Chloe because he'd been imprisoned and mind-probed and goodness only what else by the aliens for a while and you could see that he both hated and feared them - after that, how could he leave another human being, esp. a young woman, in their hands? He's enough of a genius to be able to hang on, to fight them mentally, and to utilize their own technology against them - but his reaction when he sees the alien (that Young is in) is pure, honest terror. His intent in killing the alien once he realizes Young is no longer inside it was honest emotion as well. He'd never leave Chloe to suffer what he did - in the face of the completely alien, she's another human being. It's instinct to cling to your own, even for a man who is naturally solitary and asocial. Besides, some of that asocial behavior is obviously grief - you get a glimpse of that in the very first episode where he's sobbing over the photo of his dead wife. He's buried himself in his work, in his obsession with the Ancient science, not an unusual response to grief. What we might be seeing is his climb out of that -- the extreme abandonment by Young, thinking he was going to die alone, then being captured and tortured by aliens -- maybe we'll see him begin to need more human contact. That would be interesting character development for him.

I must admit, though, that I just plain LOVED seeing him kick alien ass, figure out how to escape, and rescue the girl. I love Nicholas Rush - he's one of the most multifaceted, complex, beautifully acted TV characters I've seen in years, if at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X