Rush in the episode, his actions and experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    It made no sense with why they left. They could have easily boarded the Destiny & kill everyone or capture the most valuable crew members. Its like they included aliens because the writers knew ahead of time what back slash they will get. If these guys never show up again like the Foot Hold aliens then this show goes back to crap. It has me worried that
    Spoiler:
    the Lucian Alliance will be the main enemy
    & we never see aliens again after this
    I'm thinking that the aliens return in Divided. The season 1.5 trailer showed the aliens coming through the Destiny's stargate, and Eli making a joke about Close Encounters of the Third Kind. And,
    Spoiler:
    in Divided, they need SOMETHING to stop the mutiny and make them work together. From the synopsis of the episode, Rush is looking for a tracking device on the Destiny's hull.

Comment

Camille did it
      sigpic

Comment

I think the message being in English was simply a matter of them getting into Rush's head.

The lack of a complicated sentence suggests that they only needed to determine a single word for an emotion they wanted to convey to Rush through the mind device.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
        : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

it's all a bit too easy though. I thought they would play the whole Rush thing out not have him coming back so soon

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            When he was confronted with that alien after Young was back in his body I was thinking 'I hope he tries to beat him to death but I know they wouldn't have written that' and then BAM! I actually let out a little "****ing 'ave it!" while watching
            Ya. Dude sweet. But why didn't you think they would have written it in???
            sigpic

Comment

As bad as rush is, That scene was the shiznit. Lead and glass pipe for the win!

Comment

the only way it could have been more bad ass is if he knocked one out and brought it back

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Yeah, great scene!
                  Using both mental and physical strength to get off of that ship - just soooooooo Rush!!!
                  ? Rush

Comment

Yeah Rush fights really dirty and chokes the alien to death. But - my opinion is he thought this would be still Young at this moment.
                    An Eye for an eye as a return for punching him down an let him die on the planet

I love this both "friends for a lifetime"

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                      I think the message being in English was simply a matter of them getting into Rush's head.

The lack of a complicated sentence suggests that they only needed to determine a single word for an emotion they wanted to convey to Rush through the mind device.

That is how i thought as well, after i saw they had rush in that tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                        He's still a nancy for getting knocked the f out by one punch from Young, though.
                        What?
                        Young hit Rush three times in the face, then Rush threw a rock at him, tackled him down a hill. Young then grabbed Rush and smacked his head into the ground before picking him up and head-butting him (which is what knocked him out).

Besides, even if it had only been one punch from Young, who by the way is a seasoned military officer, rush is a scientist and he's pretty skinny guy. I don't see many guys that size standing up to Young in a fight for very long.
                        Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Yeah... Im going to hell for that one...

Anyway.
                          I feel that Rush was returned to the destiny a little prematurely for this to be an effective narrative technique. I was hoping Rush would be gone for at least 5 episodes, and that guy, who i shall call screwbrain as i can't remember his name right now, could have assumed the role of science guy who pulls their asses out of the fire. Franklin?

Anyway just my thoughts, overall i felt the episode was very well done, those suits Young, Rush and Chloe were wearing looked pretty funny on Young, he was all like 'Is this leather?'

As much as im trying to like Camille Wray as a character she just seems to be for lack of a better term, An anthropomorphised bookshelf.

I digress, how did you guys feel about the progression from Rush being nowhere, to rush being close but far away(in a sense), to rush being back on board?

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                            Yeah... Im going to hell for that one...
                            Yes. Yes you are

I feel that Rush was returned to the destiny a little prematurely for this to be an effective narrative technique. I was hoping Rush would be gone for at least 5 episodes, and that guy, who i shall call screwbrain as i can't remember his name right now, could have assumed the role of science guy who pulls their asses out of the fire. Franklin?
                            I was a bit disappointed that Rush was back so soon too. I agree that it would've been a lot more effective if Rush had been gone for a while.

Franklin couldn't have taken over though. At the moment, he's catatonic because he was dumb enough to sit in the chair. Maybe you meant Volker (the fair-haired jerk who's always in the vest and blazer)? Or maybe Brody (the dark-haired Italian looking guy)?

those suits Young, Rush and Chloe were wearing looked pretty funny on Young, he was all like 'Is this leather?'
                            I kind of laughed at those because I was thinking....those poor costume department people, they were probably told, "hey we need you to design a costume that fits our actors but it looks like this CGI."
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Franklin couldn't have taken over though. At the moment, he's catatonic because he was dumb enough to sit in the chair. Maybe you meant Volker (the fair-haired jerk who's always in the vest and blazer)? Or maybe Brody (the dark-haired Italian looking guy)?
                              No i meant Franklin, see above 'screwbrain', Obviously he would have to recover first, but i did mean screwbrain... perhaps i should have said chairguy

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                                Ya. Dude sweet. But why didn't you think they would have written it in???
                                Just seems like something they might shy away from, it's pretty disturbing.

ps. I liked my title better >.>
                                Last edited by KEK; 03 April 2010, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X