No announcement yet.

So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also occurred to me, that the colder temps could have been for putting his body in suspended animation. His mind got downloaded, and his body was taken some other placed and stored. Part of the future plot could involve figuring out how to get his mind back into his body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
      Also occurred to me, that the colder temps could have been for putting his body in suspended animation. His mind got downloaded, and his body was taken some other placed and stored. Part of the future plot could involve figuring out how to get his mind back into his body.
      Suddenly I'm reminded of the barber's chair in "Sweeney Todd" and how it dumped people down a chute at the press of a button....XD

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
        Suddenly I'm reminded of the barber's chair in "Sweeney Todd" and how it dumped people down a chute at the press of a button....XD
        if they start singing, everyone run!
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Who is to say that the only way out of the chair room is through the door that Riley was watching? There is always the possibility of some sort of ventilation or maintenance shaft or some super secret door. Maybe Franklin's second time in the chair drove him insane and he is now lurking through the ship attempting to prey upon the crew Reaver style.

Comment

I like the idea of having Franklin incorporated into the ship. I had that thought actually when he first went comatose. I kinda had hoped that the Atlantis writers woulda done that with someone to constantly sit in the chair and command stuff, but I think his body disappearing is really neat.

someone before me mentioned that maybe his body is in cold storage somewhere. Even if the writers don't think that up now, it could be a season or two down the road.

on a side note, I wish we could spend a few more episodes exploring the ship. And I did like to see george the robot repairing stuff. kinda reminded me of the droids from star wars Ep VI that attacked the jedi starfighters at the beginning. you know, the ones with the eyes?
            Attached Files
            Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
            sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

just like what happened with o'neill in New Order Part 2 he was still frozen on thors ship but was able to communicate with them and use the ancient knowledge...the ship or franklin knew that when he used the chair it would kill him after wards so he was frozen to save his life...

Comment

Maybe the ship's AI is a composite of computer and organic intelligence. It is possible that Franklin was integrated into the ship and replaced the organic portion. The speed at which those ice crystals formed on the window suggest that the temperature drop was extremely fast and very cold and probably wasn't survivable unless something occurred to protect him.

Comment

I think he was TRONed.

Comment

To me it is obvious, does anyone recall a little old SG-1 episode entitled Sentinel? The plot centered around a device that protected a planet and in order to operate it someone had to sacrifice their life.

Think about it, how awesome of a storyline would that be, every time destiny gets into trouble they would have to decide whether or not to sacrifice someone to save the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
                      I think he was TRONed.
                      i love it

Comment

Integrated into the ship is a very likely answer. As far as him living, maybe not physically. He seemed to know the outcome as we see him tearing up. I think a part of his mind may be there, somwhere in the ships systems. Perhaps that is what was missing to increase the efficiency of Destiny. For millenia Destiny went unmanned. Maybe one of the drawbacks to maintaining the ship was that someone had to become a part of it. Ancients fade away, previous hosts in some way become unable to do the job, things fall apart. Now it gets a fresh host, we see improved ship where other stuff starts to work.

on the bright side they got one less mouth to feed. A fat one at that.

Comment

doubtful...the one thing we know about the alterans is that they never were big on sacrifice, look back to when they were leaving the ori galaxy, they had the device to show the people the truth about the ori but didnt use it because it went against their morals...you think years later when they make the destiny they threw some poor individual life away for a couple million year trek then just forgot about him and ascended?.....nah

Comment

Perhaps out inferior bodies cannot tolerate he stress of the tasks performed

Comment

Definitely not ascension, there was no clothes left on the chair.

I believe Franklin has become the ships pilot and his body was put in stasis to protect it. He could be there for the next 1000 years, who knows.

I think the ship is gonna "behave" differently now, i wonder how long its gonna take before the crew figure it out.

Comment

If the ship's going to behave like Franklin... *shudder*
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X