So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desertrat1979 View Post
    Integrated into the ship is a very likely answer. As far as him living, maybe not physically. He seemed to know the outcome as we see him tearing up. I think a part of his mind may be there, somwhere in the ships systems. Perhaps that is what was missing to increase the efficiency of Destiny. For millenia Destiny went unmanned. Maybe one of the drawbacks to maintaining the ship was that someone had to become a part of it. Ancients fade away, previous hosts in some way become unable to do the job, things fall apart. Now it gets a fresh host, we see improved ship where other stuff starts to work.

on the bright side they got one less mouth to feed. A fat one at that.
    I am reminded of Babylon 5 when Draal became a part of The Great Machine.

Comment

My money's on ascension.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The ancients where nowhere near ascending when destiny was sent out, it probably wasnt even an option to them at that point. Im thinking the cold killed him b/c he wasnt able to handle it for some reason or he became part of the ship(not making any assumptions about what happend to his body just his mind). I totally agree with the theory that the cold was to cool his body just like cooling systems for a super computer.

Comment

I have believed an ancient has been watching over the destiny crew since Faith and I think this episode helped confirm it. I think Franklin knew he was going to die so he froze the room to give him more time and he was ascended by the ancient watching.

Comment

I don't like ascention, makes it too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
              I have believed an ancient has been watching over the destiny crew since Faith and I think this episode helped confirm it. I think Franklin knew he was going to die so he froze the room to give him more time and he was ascended by the ancient watching.
              That seems like the most likely explanatoion so far. We know that ancient from the desert planet ( or whatever it was ) is at the very least interested in the desinies crew. It helped Lt. Scott find that lime. It would be a good time to tie up that loose end and make it part of what happened to Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                I am reminded of Babylon 5 when Draal became a part of The Great Machine.
                Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  If the ship's going to behave like Franklin... *shudder*
                  A whiny, petulant Destiny would be a little too much to take. We'll know if he's in there for sure if all the military 'accidently' gets sealed off again.

Comment

Another issue. How many cubic centimetres of waters was wasted to freeze that room? And where's the water going to drain to?

Comment

I can think of only three possibilities:

1. He was transported away. Three races have this capability: the Asgard, the Tau'ri, and the Wraith (though Wraith culling beams are much more limited than Agard beaming technology). However, the Blues have not shown this technology, and would probably have used it already if they had it. And we are pretty sure that there were no Asgard, Tau'ri, or Wraith ships in the area.
                      2. He got out of his chair and is somewhere else on Destiny. Possible, but unlikely.
                      3. He ascended... best explanation I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                        Another issue. How many cubic centimetres of waters was wasted to freeze that room? And where's the water going to drain to?
                        Who says that water was required to freeze him? It could have been anything. For all we know, it was some other chemical, or simply turning off the heat to that particular room, siphoning in the near absolute zero temperatures from plates or something on the hull. I'd go for that, rather than a chemical, since Rush's console (or nose) would likely have told him if something was being pumped into the atmosphere of the chair room.

If Franklin did get frozen and shattered totally, perhaps there are grates he drained through? Mind you, I don't think that's what happened. It's kinda gross, because any water grates would probably lead to the recycling system, and I don't want to picture the crew drinking essence of Franklin.

Comment

To say the ancients weren't near ascension is pure conjecture and negligent. Please remember that the Lanteans that retreated back to Earth were the very last (that we know of) Ancients to ascend, as little as 10,000 years ago. However we know that some ancients ascended to avoid the Ori plague, shortly before or after Atlantis left Earth "several million years ago" - this means that an offshoot (Lanteans) existed for about a million years or more (how many is "several" we do not know, but it is a safe bet it is at least 1 or greater), before they themselves ascended. Remember, they also built in Pegasus the 'ascension bubble' planet as well as the ascension machine, among other things.

Do not assume the Lanteans were the pinnacle of Ancient civilization - perhaps they were the losers of the bunch (who were unable to ascend and had to use technology to cope, similar to the Asgard).

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            I don't like ascention, makes it too easy.
                            Plus, Franklin was a prime whinger so much so that even McKay couldn't beat him as No. 1 Whinger and look what it took McKay to get even close to ascension.

Comment

The Episode was cool, but not really what I expected. Franklin definatly is the most intriging part of the Plot. He was the first to sit on the chair and the ship took him probably as new commander(Or maybe key to the master code) so it updated his mind. Since we arent evolved enough yet, the update overloaded Franklins mind so he went comatose while his brain arranged the information. When he became concious again he still wasn`t able to do much, though he understood EVERYTHING.

What happened in the Chairroom is really up to imagination...
                              3 things that bother me:
                              1. The clamps to hold the head of the one sitting in the chair where still in place. Getting Fraklin out the chair this way without breaking his head off would be hard.
                              2. I agree that the room froze too fast. His body would suffer an instant death with that temperatur. So how could he still do the repairs and bring the ship back into FTL?
                              3. THE FREAKING TEAM COMING BACK AFTER 5 MINUTES WITHOUT TROUBLE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                                Plus, Franklin was a prime whinger so much so that even McKay couldn't beat him as No. 1 Whinger and look what it took McKay to get even close to ascension.
                                Perhaps the single most incorrect thing I've ever read at Gateworld

Nobody beats McKay at being a whiny snot. Nobody.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X