So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension seems unlikely...

...Destiny was created before the Ancients ascended and we are far less advanced
    sigpic

Comment

I initially thought the whole freezing thing was Franklin's doing so his brain doesn't fry from all the new information flowing through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        Well, we have to think about the effect extreme cold has on the body. If it got cold enough, the body would freeze, and you could literally tap it and it would fall into icy pieces. Freeze the pieces, repeat, and eventually there is only itty bitty pieces of Franklin around, which could be evaporated and absorbed by the ship.

Why would the ship do that?

Safety protocol. Ensures that whoever sits in the chair and tries to control the ship, has to make a necessary sacrifice. Would also mean no one else could be in the room at the same time, or they'd die, too.

I doubt Ascension, although it's a possibility. I'm of the "his mind was downloaded into the ship" variety. It'll probably take him time to learn how to adjust being in the ship, and the experience might be maddening. If so, "Pain" could be Franklin somehow inadvertenly passed his madness onto the crew, perhaps trying to communicate with them.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what goes on in "Pain."
        Perhaps because he bypassed the master code and found another way to force the ship into FTL, Destiny regarded him as a hostile entity attempting to hack the database and thus neutralized him.

I like the idea.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
          Well, we have to think about the effect extreme cold has on the body. If it got cold enough, the body would freeze, and you could literally tap it and it would fall into icy pieces. Freeze the pieces, repeat, and eventually there is only itty bitty pieces of Franklin around, which could be evaporated and absorbed by the ship.

Why would the ship do that?

Safety protocol. Ensures that whoever sits in the chair and tries to control the ship, has to make a necessary sacrifice. Would also mean no one else could be in the room at the same time, or they'd die, too.

I doubt Ascension, although it's a possibility. I'm of the "his mind was downloaded into the ship" variety. It'll probably take him time to learn how to adjust being in the ship, and the experience might be maddening. If so, "Pain" could be Franklin somehow inadvertenly passed his madness onto the crew, perhaps trying to communicate with them.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what goes on in "Pain."
          Wow, very interesting theory! I have to wonder why the chair would demand a sacrifice just to access the systems directly, eh? Or maybe, if Destiny is indeed self-aware in its own right, it made a tactical decision. After all, Rush sat in the chair, and laid open all his intentions and past deeds to it. If it sees him as an adversary, someone who would try to impose his will on it, then Destiny might realize that, now that Franklin could force the ship to do certain things, Rush would probably end up using him. Franklin's quality of life didn't seem likely to improve anytime soon, so maybe it was in his best interest too. I wish I could say that I believe Rush will not ignore his conscience again, but I'm not sure.

Comment

If it turns out that Destiny has an AI, fully functional and sentient, I will exit from Stage Right, storm into the producer's office and quit, stomp out to the parking lot and revolk my parking pass, and screech out into the great beyond known as Vancouver traffic.

That is to say, I'd be greatly disappointed by this turn of events.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I say his disappearences isn't ascension but more to do with the overload of the information. Don't ask me how. I don't know
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                Franklin finally woke up, somewhat...and now has vanished. Where do you guys think he went? Did he ascend? Did he somehow become one with the ship?

Also, is it possible that he, not James, was the one who somehow sabotaged the engines? It seems unlikely, but I like to consider the options.
                I think Franklin may be part of the ship now. I think his previous sit down in the chair started a connection and this finished it. I'm with you that Franklin is somehow the driving force behind the sabotage, and that he used James, via the stone weirdism, to engineer it because he was unable to do it himself. They shared a connection there, that's for sure.
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I to think that he is probably somehow downloaded into the ship now and has become Destiny's own Karan S'jet.

Comment

the truth is out there.

someone get mulder on the commucation stones.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think he's a dead man, either way. Interesting sequence overall.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

a some what diff thought. he has been cryogenicly frozen as he maintains command over the ship.... this would mean that the chair is also like "the chair" on Atlantis and from Antarctica....and in those chairs you had to sit to stay in command...but being a older version it has to freeze you to sustain control with out killing you. as well as some how moving you to a better suited "freezer"?

Comment

Anyone think he might have been kidnapped somehow by the Aliens?
                          Ascencion just seems too obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            I think he's a dead man, either way. Interesting sequence overall.

Eh, most likely. I just like the idea of him not being dead, which is funny, because I reallllllllly was hoping he'd die for the first ten episodes...sick writers and their mind tricks! *shakes fist*

Maybe I should rename this thread: "I lost 270 lbs in ten minutes and you can too!" I don't think a man that big is hiding behind the chair or anything.

Comment

maybe he's apart of destiny now and he'll unlock the code.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                                Eh, most likely. I just like the idea of him not being dead, which is funny, because I reallllllllly was hoping he'd die for the first ten episodes...sick writers and their mind tricks! *shakes fist*

Maybe I should rename this thread: "I lost 270 lbs in ten minutes and you can too!" I don't think a man that big is hiding behind the chair or anything.
                                He's behind you!

Comment

Working...
                                X