No announcement yet.

So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think ascension is still a possibility, doesn't it usually happen when the person lets go of their burden like when they are able to perform a self sacrificing action (as Franklin just did) He definitely might have the mental capacity to achieve it after having his brain rewired by the chair

Plus do we even know that all ancients did not ascend or know how at the time of Destiny? Maybe a few special ones here and there along their history started to achieve it which made the rest more curious about it. Naturally that is how it would start off.....evolution of traits doesn't happen to everyone all at once

Comment

I hope he was uploaded into the ship. I think that's much cooler than the ascencion route which has been done many times before. The coldness HAS to play a part in it, but I don't know what it was necessary for if the ship was just going to vaporize the body after the download. If it just vaporized him without an upload I'm going to call that a big waste of an opportunity!
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
        I don't like ascention, makes it too easy.
        ya because ascention has ever ben ez for this show....with there 1kabilon rules....but if you mean to ez as far as exsplaning what hapend to him or the fact this cair is way older than most ancient things and it ascended him then i agree

Comment

yes i have NO idea what you just said.

Comment

Another reason why i don't think its ascention is b/c the writers and producers are trying to distance themselves alot from SG1 and SGA and it was heavily used in both so i don't see them touching on it this early in the game with SGU

Comment

Perhaps Destiny absorbed Franklin in order to analyse the mind of a human? I kinda like the idea of the Destiny having a dormant AI which will be awakened in Season 2, perhaps Franklin will be resurected as the Destiny's holographic AI?
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Destiny has absorbed Franklin.
                sigpic

Comment

Another reason why i don't think its ascention is b/c the writers and producers are trying to distance themselves alot from SG1 and SGA and it was heavily used in both so i don't see them touching on it this early in the game with SGU
                  yet ascension was mentioned several times. even mandy spoke of ascension.
                  "we had those long talks. talked about the mathematical proof, the ancients, ascension"
                  in Time we had talks of ascension.

Comment

"An operational, non-fictional cloaking device might be an extension of the basic technologies used by stealth aircraft, such as radar-absorbing dark paint, optical camouflage, cooling the outer surface to minimize electromagnetic emissions (usually infrared), or other techniques to minimize other EM emissions, and to minimize particle emissions from the object."

Lol, Franklin is just invisible!

Comment

Maybe he used some other secret exit? or for some reason I think the chair might descend down.. to get to a room in the ship with a statis pod. Which could be to do with the temperature dropping, because its not as advanced as the other statsis pods in atlantis and his body temperature needs to be lowered first... seems to fit
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

yes he climbed up the rope ladder

Comment

someone asked about how much water was used up? whos to say the cold vapor was water to begin with? also when you freeze something the molecules expand so even if it was water it wasnt all that much to cool something down you simply remove the moisture from it

we have yet to see any indication the ship has any AI of any kind

only logically thing we can draw from it is that he froze himself, he sat in the chair it connected he was running it, then it got cold in the room. Showing that he was the one that cold the ship to do it and he knew what was about to happen and he told they to "Go"

Comment

He is in Heaven!

Comment

I watched this one with my bother, and his theory was that the aliens had cut a hole into that room and had abducted him. Personally I don't see it, but hey, it could have happened. My money's on ascension.
                              "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
                              "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

The God aliens that build the solar system in the "Faith" episode teleported him to heaven for his noble sacrifice....or he just needed to use the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X