Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that Rush saying that the Destiny was powered by Stars was a tad melodramatic.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I think the reason I liked this episode so much as it was much more plot driven and not as slow as the last few episodes. And normally I complain when the Stargate isnt used, I was fine with it. The next episode Water looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
        Wow, completely disagree. I though the mix of character moments was very good and didn't favor anyone too heavily. Greer, Young, and Rush all had great moments imo.
        Yep,

I have to agree here. There was alot of development all around. Not all of it was 'good' for the characters either. We got to see some of the people's true characters.

Young is a good leader, even when faced with death and seems to have a good connection with his men.

Greer is tough as nails but has alot of depth, and even when he wasn't chosen to go on the shuttle he still did his job and protected the launch.

Eli is WAY too nice a guy, but he also has confidence in his abilities and has alot of forgiveness. He thinks about what is best for the group and tries to make the most out of any situation.

I think they got the MOST attention this episode, which is good because I liked where things went for them.

There are other characters too, I just wanted to focus on those three.

- CB
        Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
        Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I think the reason I liked this episode so much as it was much more plot driven and not as slow as the last few episodes. And normally I complain when the Stargate isnt used, I was fine with it. The next episode Water looks great!
          Yeah, that's pretty interesting as "Darkness" and "Light" were originally written as one episode called "Fire". It's similar to "Air", in that I feel like (as a whole) it was very good, though I liked "Light" a lot more.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, the episodes just keep getting better and better. I loved "Light", and seeing the crew getting along was a nice touch to it. I totally saw the part where the ship gathered energy from the star coming, but everything leading up to it really built up the story. I liked all the character interactions, especially that little exchange between Young and Camille, the IOA representitive. I didn't like her at first, but she was okay in that episode.

All in all, great ep, and can't wait for the next!

Comment

A bit predictable and Chloe/Scott was meh, but the great part about this episode was the ending.

I don't think Rush knew for sure, but I do think he had an itch or some inner thought that this was possible. I don't think he's a bad person and he wants people to survive--hes shown that in the past few episodes. I think he truly thought Destiny was completely out of power (giving him a reason to trigger his prior frustration), but he held out hope for what ended up happening.

I think Rush was just being real at the end. He couldn't have known for sure what was going to happen if he was truly locked out of all the main systems, and if he wasn't locked out, he would have known where the power was going and wouldn't have been so frustrated in Darkness.

I like the way it was handled. Instead of everyone being a happy, trustworthy family with Rush, he remains a mystery in a lot of ways and I like that.

I liked this episode a lot because I like how it is making everyone think. While we could have predicted the ship recharging in the star, the characters couldn't have and that was portrayed very successfully. Despite the fact that I knew what was going to happen, it still did have somewhat of an emotional impact. Will be watching next week.

Comment

Excellent episode. Best so far. I could easily give it 9.5/10.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                  To dislike the show is to troll, which means that to "participate" by implication means to express much love only.

Geez, really? Thats how it is?

I don't care if anyone responds. The franchise had me for 15 years, I've paid my dues. More of the same this episode, conduct unbecoming from our military and more sex. (Gotta find me a senators daughter, they give it up quick). Its only been about 3 frackin days.

Not much to get worked up about. Its predictable. And the dialog is silly at times. Who really thought anyone was going to die or get left behind? Who didn't know Scott and Chloe were going to hook up and hurt Eli? Who thought the ship was going to burn up rather than recharge? Who thought the shuttle wouldn't make it back?

Robert Carlyle does a fine job. I thought all the hoopla surrounding his inclusion in the show was hype prior to the show starting. It wasn't hype he's the real deal. He deserves better writing.
                  A troll is someone who comes just to get a rise out of people. Just to create hositility. The person in question Sky mentioned made a soap opera refernece to SGU then insulted the inteligence of everyone who liked the show. Its one thing to dislike the show with construtive critcism (like you) and its another to bash like "this suck" and move one
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                    I don't care if anyone responds. The franchise had me for 15 years, I've paid my dues. More of the same this episode, conduct unbecoming from our military and more sex. (Gotta find me a senators daughter, they give it up quick). Its only been about 3 frackin days.
                    I'm surprised you haven't heard of couples who got together after just meeting and have healthy relationships. My wife and I were married after 4 months, and we knew we wanted to be together after 2 weeks. Almost four years going strong.

I've known other people to get together after days, and still stay together. Now, I wasn't a fan of the Chloe and Scott romance in this episode. Not at all! Infact I thought it felt very fake, but I don't think we should just discredit it on the shortness of time when infact that happens in real life all the time. It doesn't always last, but it does happen all the time.

As for the troll thing, I think the Moderator was refering to the person who was being insulting towards other posters and towards people who enjoyed the show. I don't think people who didn't like the episode are Trolls, not unless they start insulting people who did. And Vice Versa. Someone who liked the episode could be a troll to, if they were being insulting towards people who didn't like it.

Just some thoughts.

- CB
                    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                    Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Does anyone else think that for a religious man Scott jumps into bed with women way too quickly. I guess he doesn't believe in no sex before marriage (not that i have a problem with sex before marriage but then i'm a athiest).

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                        Does anyone else think that for a religious man Scott jumps into bed with women way too quickly. I guess he doesn't believe in no sex before marriage (not that i have a problem with sex before marriage but then i'm a athiest).
                        This is ridiculous. Christians have sex before marriage all the time. This is nothing new or offensive.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

shouldn't being so close to a sun burn your eyes??

and for the record i absolutely love this show
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            shouldn't being so close to a sun burn your eyes??

and for the record i absolutely love this show
                            My guess; tinting on all the windows.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              This is ridiculous. Christians have sex before marriage all the time. This is nothing new or offensive.
                              Its a bit hypercritical though. How can you been religious but completely ignore a vitial component of Christianity on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                                Its a bit hypercritical though. How can you been religious but completely ignore a vitial component of Christianity on a regular basis.
                                desire and making up your own mind. a book can't and shouldn't control ones life.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X