This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    Well as predicted, the ship saves the day again.
    Deus Ex Machina all the way.
    YET what an awesome way to Machina.
    It's not a deus ex machina. The ship didn't appear out of the blue, after all, it was just a trait of it that we didn't know before.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Worst episode yet. It was predictable on nearly every level and there was virtually no suspense. I saw the whole "ship using the star as a pitstop" thing a mile away, it was taken straight from Rendezvous with Rama.

When Scott and the others in the shuttle were in trouble I was holding out hope that maybe they could change things up a bit and leave them stranded or something interesting. But no, they used the classic "slingshot around the planet" technique and bingo! problem solved. There were only two things I liked about this episode: the beautiful CGI and the thing with Rush at the end. Otherwise I was strongly disappointed.

I'm really trying to like this show, but we're already a quarter of the way through the season and I'm not attached to a single character and the show hasn't built up any sort of interesting or complex mythology yet. Let's hope they put more effort into the next episode.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i don't think he KNEW, but he had to have suspected, he gambled and won
        I don't think so either, or least he had an idea but did not want to take a gamble. I think he stayed on the ship thinking there was a better chance on the ship than in the shuttle. Plus, he was staying for his own reasons not because of guilt or it being the best situation. Rush so reminds me of a character from the movie "Event Horizon" played by Sam Neill. But I think it will be much deeper than that and he will not go on a killing spree like Sam Neill's character did. lol.

Anyway this was the best episode of the series so far. The show just keeps getting better. I'll post a detailed review in a bit.

*Waiting for Jelgate's Two cents post*
        sigpic

Comment

Young, Greer and Rush continue to be my favorite characters by leaps and bounds. Dont get me wrong the rest of the cast works fine, but those three just make the show imo.

and on a completely unrelated note (and something thats been bugging me)

i still dont understand how people can truly say that any of the "sexing up" is out of character for anyone. from what we have seen this is a show that's far more adult and well...real, for lack of a better word. Scott or James or Chloe for that matter having sex doesnt make them "sex addicts" or "horny adolescents" it makes them human on show that seems to be focusing on humanity. if you dont like it to watch it, but dont go so far as to say its poor or lazy writing. so far SGU has been, with the exception of a few minor missteps, excellently written and executed

Comment

Oh, and also- FANTASTIC SFX. The star, the Destiny, the shuttle.. Just great.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Scott/Chloe wasn't supposed to be love; they thought they were going to die and wanted to make something of the time they had left, that's all.
              I didn't say anything about love actually. I have before had a romantic connection with someone after only a few days. Three to be exact. I know it can happen, and I believe in it. I have friends that got married after a weekend together and are still to this day happily married.

With those two, I just don't really feel any chemistry. Maybe it will come, I don't know. It just doesn't feel like there is anything real there. Maybe its just the actress. I didn't feel anything from her interactions with other people either.

A lot of the people I know at work that watch the show have felt that way in other episodes with her as well. I mean, there are other shows out there that I don't "believe' the performance of the characters ... but its never happened in Stargate till now. Maybe she'll get better ... I certainly am hoping so. Right now, she just feels so fake and as much as I like Scott so far, every time they have scenes together it feels like she is dragging him down.

- CB
              Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
              Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                I don't think so either, or least he had an idea but did not want to take a gamble. I think he stayed on the ship thinking there was a better chance on the ship than in the shuttle. Plus, he was staying for his own reasons not because of guilt or it being the best situation. Rush so reminds me of a character from the movie "Event Horizon" played by Sam Neill. But I think it will be much deeper than that and he will not go on a killing spree like Sam Neill's character did. lol.

Anyway this was the best episode of the series so far. The show just keeps getting better. I'll post a detailed review in a bit.

*Waiting for Jelgate's Two cents post*
                I'm on paragraph 3
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  It's not a deus ex machina. The ship didn't appear out of the blue, after all, it was just a trait of it that we didn't know before.
                  It doesn't matter, sir, it's still mucho machina.
                  The ship saves the day again...the plot device appears out of the blue to save the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                    Oh, and also- FANTASTIC SFX. The star, the Destiny, the shuttle.. Just great.
                    Don't you mean VFX (Visual Effects)?
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

everything about this episode was perfect.i love a rechargeable ship.It actually makes alot of sense to do that

Comment

Just not alot of sense WHEN to recharge.

Comment

Forgot to add, I also loved the music in this episode.

Comment

I like Greer wanting to go out in blaze of glory. On the sun thing the surface of the sun would not be hotter than most plasma weapons so it should be possible in the world sci fi if the shields can hold.

Comment

Did I miss something previously, or did we just find out who the gay character is? It might be just me, because I try to avoid spoilers until I see the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                                Don't you mean VFX (Visual Effects)?
                                Haha, yeah. I'm smart, I really am.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                                X