This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I explain this a little bit more in my review but my compliant was the suddeness of it (Hello near death) but the transition
    I think Eli's reaction was how a lot of viewers felt. Like so sudden? Where did this come from? It was just innappropriate I guess to some folks. I thought it was a little too soon for them to hook up, so you can imagine how Eli feels. He did not even have a chance, or it's like "What's all that one in a million talk". lol.
    sigpic

Comment

ithe show is getting better and better. I cant wait to see how they handle "aliens"

Comment

also how far do u think the ancient stones can go?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I think Eli's reaction was how a lot of viewers felt. Like so sudden? Where did this come from? It was just innappropriate I guess to some folks. I thought it was a little too soon for them to hook up, so you can imagine how Eli feels. He did not even have a chance, or it's like "What's all that one in a million talk". lol.
          You know what? You make a very interesting point. If someone raises the ramification and apprioateness of being so sudden I may reconsider my stance. Now stop distracting me from my review
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
            ithe show is getting better and better. I cant wait to see how they handle "aliens"
            That should definitely be something to see. I can't wait either.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yea, we've only got glimpses of the Scott/Chloe relationship so it was kind of sudden. But at the same time they thought they were gonna die, and Eli's chances in that situation are nil.

Overall though, I loved the episode. Some people are saying they saw the sun recharge the whole time, but I only realized it when they were skimming the surface of the sun a minute or so before it was announced.

I did think the whole shuttle gravity slingshot was a little contrived. You're telling me the computer could have come up with that solution?

But ending with the Rush question was great. I didn't think about it when it initially happened, but looking back it seems entirely plausible he had reasons to suspect the sun would recharge the ship and not destroy. I doubt he was certain, but I think he definitely had an idea.

I'd say 9/10

Comment

That was a really good episode. Probably the best so far.

Even though we all knew as viewers that they would survive, they did a good job of conveying that the people involved did not know. That's the most important thing.

Jamil Walker is really great as Greer. I have to say that among a lot of good actors on this show, he is probably the "discovery". His Keno was really good.

I was really pleased that both Rush and Eli got to demonstrate their smarts and ability to find solutions on the fly.

Even if most of suspected the Destiny would use the sun for power, the writers were clever in introducing the danger to the shuttle.

I never felt tension like this in any episode of the previous series.

I'm glad we got to see more of Ming Na's character.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  You know what? You make a very interesting point. If someone raises the ramification and apprioateness of being so sudden I may reconsider my stance. Now stop distracting me from my review
                  LOL, well stop reading my posts and finish your review.

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                  Yea, we've only got glimpses of the Scott/Chloe relationship so it was kind of sudden. But at the same time they thought they were gonna die, and Eli's chances in that situation are nil.

Overall though, I loved the episode. Some people are saying they saw the sun recharge the whole time, but I only realized it when they were skimming the surface of the sun a minute or so before it was announced.

I did think the whole shuttle gravity slingshot was a little contrived. You're telling me the computer could have come up with that solution?

But ending with the Rush question was great. I didn't think about it when it initially happened, but looking back it seems entirely plausible he had reasons to suspect the sun would recharge the ship and not destroy. I doubt he was certain, but I think he definitely had an idea.

I'd say 9/10
                  I knew the ship was going to be recharged by the Sun. I honestly thought the shuttle was going to be left behind.

The ending with Rush was just wow, because it really gave the viewer something to think about. That of course was if he knew or not. As I said before, I think he had an idea but took the gamble to stay on the ship. Rush pretty much made it clear to Young what his intentions have been along. His Destiny is the Destiny.
                  sigpic

Comment

Although it was a predictable story, I really liked how the writers of this episode managed to build the drama. They could have focused focused more on Young's decision and the ethics of it (and had it been Star Trek they probably would have). Also I thought that they left the whole Eli Chloe Matt thing up in the air. That will have to be resolved, but I don't know how soon the writers are going to be wiling to tackle it. If they don't it will just be an annoying repeated theme.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                      That was a really good episode. Probably the best so far.

Even though we all knew as viewers that they would survive, they did a good job of conveying that the people involved did not know. That's the most important thing.

Jamil Walker is really great as Greer. I have to say that among a lot of good actors on this show, he is probably the "discovery". His Keno was really good.

I was really pleased that both Rush and Eli got to demonstrate their smarts and ability to find solutions on the fly.

Even if most of suspected the Destiny would use the sun for power, the writers were clever in introducing the danger to the shuttle.

I never felt tension like this in any episode of the previous series.

I'm glad we got to see more of Ming Na's character.
                      Although the episode did have that happy Stargate-esc ending with them all sitting at the table.

Greer, actually has been growing on me, but right now I think Young has become one of my favorite characters next to Rush of course. Rush is just filled with emotions and you don't know what to expect from the man, I love it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Instead of seeing Lt. Scott cheat on his girlfriend with a girl he just met or watch Wray cry for 5 minutes, I think the episode should have used Young, Rush, and Greer more.

At least those characters are actually interesting.
                        "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Although the episode did have that happy Stargate-esc ending with them all sitting at the table.

Greer, actually has been growing on me, but right now I think Young has become one of my favorite characters next to Rush of course. Rush is just filled with emotions and you don't know what to expect from the man, I love it.
                          Young is good. He was the one who stood out for me last week. He was good here too, but Greer just made me stand up and pay attention.

Young is different from other military commanders we've seen. He actually had something to lose by what has happened. O'Neill didn't really have that. Shepperd certainly wasn't a guy who had anything to lose. I didn't even know he was divorced until well into Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Kira View Post
                            Instead of seeing Lt. Scott cheat on his girlfriend with a girl he just met or watch Wray cry for 5 minutes, I think the episode should have used Young, Rush, and Greer more.

At least those characters are actually interesting.
                            Wow, completely disagree. I though the mix of character moments was very good and didn't favor anyone too heavily. Greer, Young, and Rush all had great moments imo.

Comment

My favorite part of the episode was Greer knocking the other soldier out. I liked his kino scene at the beginning too.

I think Rush knew. I think that was the real point of the episode. We pretty much knew the ship was gonna use the sun to recharge, so the real shock was the revelation/realization that Rush more than likely knew the ship was gonna recharge.

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
                              With Scott and Chloe hooking up. Lt. James is left for dust. Eli liked Chloe but now has mixed emotions. Chloe is using him. I saw the look Eli and Lt. James gave each other at the beginning of the episode. I should say that's a prediction.
                              Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                              Poor Eli- Chloe's playing him. I'm not going to yell slut, but...
                              She's not playing him. If anything, he mistakenly thought he had a shot where no one else did.

Originally posted by Marsuvees
                              It is amazing how here this episode is locking people in SGU, while at SyFy the moan and complain about how they are true SciFi fans and SGU is crap. Those same people said Light was the last straw.

If you can watch the scene with the Destiny around and in the sun and not be moved in some way, you are not a Science Fiction fan, period.
                              It's a waste of time to worry about people with nothing better to do than watch and then bash a show they supposedly hate.

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                              i can't believe people like this show... it completely throws everything sci fi out the window... it's like Days Of our lives on a fricken space ship, and the ship flys in and out of stars without sustaining damage. you guys are pretty easy to please apparently
                              Good luck in your future endeavors... mostly.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                folks, don't feed the trolls

If people hated the show, they're entitled to express that opinion.

That said, you are not obligated to respond. Don't respond, don't engage and they soon won't have a reason to come in unless they want to participate and not just say 'it sucks'
                                To dislike the show is to troll, which means that to "participate" by implication means to express much love only.

Geez, really? Thats how it is?

I don't care if anyone responds. The franchise had me for 15 years, I've paid my dues. More of the same this episode, conduct unbecoming from our military and more sex. (Gotta find me a senators daughter, they give it up quick). Its only been about 3 frackin days.

Not much to get worked up about. Its predictable. And the dialog is silly at times. Who really thought anyone was going to die or get left behind? Who didn't know Scott and Chloe were going to hook up and hurt Eli? Who thought the ship was going to burn up rather than recharge? Who thought the shuttle wouldn't make it back?

Robert Carlyle does a fine job. I thought all the hoopla surrounding his inclusion in the show was hype prior to the show starting. It wasn't hype he's the real deal. He deserves better writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X