This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

folks, don't feed the trolls

If people hated the show, they're entitled to express that opinion.

That said, you are not obligated to respond. Don't respond, don't engage and they soon won't have a reason to come in unless they want to participate and not just say 'it sucks'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
      Did I miss something previously, or did we just find out who the gay character is? It might be just me, because I try to avoid spoilers until I see the episode.
      hasnt exactly been a secret, but yes this is the first time its been brought up on screen

Comment

I also really enjoyed the music that played when the ship was inside the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I also really enjoyed the music that played when the ship was inside the sun.
          I really enjoyed the music period, but I thought the stuff right at the end was amazing.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Squires View Post
            Forgot to add, I also loved the music in this episode.
            Music was excellent except for the cheesey badly timed piano in Young scenes. But the score was superb.

Comment

Did I miss something previously, or did we just find out who the gay character is? It might be just me, because I try to avoid spoilers until I see the episode.
              Spoiler:
              I know Camille is gay, but hopefully she isn't too grossed out by heterosexual sex.
              Because if their little colony was going to have any chance, every reproductively capable female would need to be involved.

I like Greer wanting to go out in blaze of glory. On the sun thing the surface of the sun would not be hotter than most plasma weapons so it should be possible in the world sci fi if the shields can hold.
              Actually, the corona (area surrounding the star... its atmosphere) is MUCH hotter than the surface of the sun. The surface is only about 10,000C. While the corona is many millions of degrees, just one of those interesting things about stars. Rush should have known that the shield was on well before they approached the star, because they didn't all immediately die of gamma poisoning. (which would have made them violently ill for the first few minutes following exposure)

I thought, when he told them to turn around and go back to the planet, that he was going to have them land on the planet and use the Stargate that the seeder ship would have left there to gate back to Destiny. Since the ship obviously knew that the system had habitable planets (because the seeder ship had scouted it) and the seeder would have deposited a gate on a world capable of supporting life.

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
                everything about this episode was perfect.i love a rechargeable ship.It actually makes alot of sense to do that
                It's so strange, as I finally almost felt this way about an SGU episode. While I have liked SGU up to this point, "Light" has stood out to me in a way that the others haven't.

I only have one gripe with it, but I'm not going to go into that at the moment
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                  I thought, when he told them to turn around and go back to the planet, that he was going to have them land on the planet and use the Stargate that the seeder ship would have left there to gate back to Destiny. Since the ship obviously knew that the system had habitable planets (because the seeder ship had scouted it) and the seeder would have deposited a gate on a world capable of supporting life.
                  Wouldn't work, since stargates can't dial other gates in the same star system.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    It's so strange, as I finally almost felt this way about an SGU episode. While I have liked SGU up to this point, "Light" has stood out to me in a way that the others haven't.

I only have one gripe with it, but I'm not going to go into that at the moment
                    Many of us have gripes about the Chloe/Scott scene
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I was so frustrated, as I felt the rest of the episode was pretty spectacular. I like both characters and I even support a relationship between the two. Just not yet....it was handled all wrong, imho
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Really a great episode. I was sad when I saw "Light" was coming to an end. I am feeling pretty good right now about Universe, I really am. TPTB are doing a fine job thus far.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The scene was meh. I actually liked Eli's reaction more. It was done very well. But this is not BSG where we are going to see these long scenes and all the time. Notice this ep was a little more plot focus. Still they got their character focuses in here and there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            The scene was meh. I actually liked Eli's reaction more. It was done very well. But this is not BSG where we are going to see these long scenes and all the time. Notice this ep was a little more plot focus. Still they got their character focuses in here and there.
                            I explain this a little bit more in my review but my compliant was the suddeness of it (Hello near death) but the transition
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I explain this a little bit more in my review but my compliant was the suddeness of it (Hello near death) but the transition
                              I agree. It's not the sex that bothered me at all at this point. It was the way they acted afterwards that was hard for me to take. I mean, they've only known eachother a few days (if that?). I would have loved it if TPTB would have written it for the characters to feel and act awkward afterwards.

I dunno, I have really mixed feelings. Furthermore, it's hard for me to completely condemn TPTB, as maybe they totally throw us a curveball somewhere down the line.

[EDIT] However, I like that TPTB appeared to try to address the fact that they barely know eachother. It would have been completely over the top had one of them used the L word.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

This was an awesome episode. To put it simply, I loved it. This show has really taken me by surprise. I loved all the visuals using the star, its light and corona. The music was great and fit right in with the scenes.

One of the characters that really shined to me personally was Colonel Young. The way he sacrificed himself without even batting an eye and the way he carried himself through the whole situation was excellent. I was really impressed all around.

This is the way you do science fiction. Take notice other T.V. shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X