So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daro View Post
    I'm ashamed to say I'm very new to Stargate. I watched the movie, but haven't seen the other series. I plan on buying the boxed set for season 1 of each this weekend.
    I'd advise watching the first few seasons of SG-1 before starting on Atlantis. Atlantis season 1 was concurrent with SG-1's (I believe) 8th season. You don't want to hear something on Atlantis that will spoil seasons' worth of SG-1 for you, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
      You're mixing up Atlantis and Vis Urban. Though Atlantis was built before the Plague, it's highly unlikely it was anything more than an unimportant research station. I doubt the early Lantians would have survived the Plague if it had been anything more than that.
      I don't know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
        I'd advise watching the first few seasons of SG-1 before starting on Atlantis. Atlantis season 1 was concurrent with SG-1's (I believe) 8th season. You don't want to hear something on Atlantis that will spoil seasons' worth of SG-1 for you, right?
        Good idea. Wow, 8 seasons? Dang. How many did Atlantis have?

Comment

I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Young: We got caught in a rockslide! There was no time for me to help Rush through the gate!
            Everyone: Alright. We'll buy.

Umm... what? From what we saw, the planet consisted of a lot of desert and that one cliff-mini-mountain-hill-looking thing devoid of much rock for a slide. If you look at Young's clothes, it's obvious he hasn't been in a rock slide. Especially not rocks big enough to cause a rock slide serious enough to knock someone unconscious.

For one thing, his physical damage is highly local. There are no scrapes all over his body or face. All he has is a gash on his forehead, consistent with a fight (or just that one rock that was hurled at him).

If you take a look at his clothes, there's sand all over them. But there aren't holes in them. If there had been a rock slide, jagged rocks would've cut up his clothes (and possibly his body beneath those clothes).

Yeah, if I saw him walk in like that, the way he did and listened to the way he said what he said (without looking at anyone, by the way), I would've been highly suspicious. Especially if I was Eli, considering what he later tells Eli to do. Why wasn't there a KINO there recording them, anyway?

So is the expedition full of idiots or are they willfully ignoring the evidence?
            These people aren't stupid they would have to think Young's rockslide story is a cover and a pretty bad one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
              These people aren't stupid they would have to think Young's rockslide story is a cover and a pretty bad one at that.
              Pretty much. In fact it’s very obvious from the look on Eli’s face at the end of the episode that he doesn’t believe a word of it.

Comment

eli is suspicious. the others, questioning

as to Rush being the only one to understand the ship, that's doubtful. Right now, yeah he had the most experience, but I think that's more because he didn't allow others to learn. They were there to be his assistants, fetch him coffee, do his scut work. I doubt he briefs and trains them adn shares any more knowledge than he has to.

that's how he keeps his control. And, for example, that's how it took Eli to figure out that he'd edited the database, not once, but twice. (inserting the Icarus planet, deleting the kino footage).

In my opinion, rush doesn't want competition, just lackies, so he shares as little as he can, so he's always the expert, always in control, and he can tweak the data to say whatever he wants it to and no one else is any the wiser, because they lack the knowledge to question him.

Treatment like this breeds a lot of dissent and distrust amongst people. They get frustrated with being kept in the dark, with being stymied, and knowing Rush, likely snarked at and insulted if the mood strikes him.

So, for a lot of them, maybe they are suspicious about how it happened. But they're simply to glad to be rid of him that they don't push. Because, with him gone, the scientists can now honestly study stuff and work on the ship without being curtailed and directed.

Sure, he may know more, but I do think he keeps others from learning, and they will be well rid of the conflict and control
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                  The stones are only to be used for beating up rivals and having sex using other folks' bodies. There'll be none of this logical 'let's bring in someone who can help us.' crap!

Forgive me, you are likely correct in saying Daniel is the expert.

I'm ashamed to say I'm very new to Stargate. I watched the movie, but haven't seen the other series. I plan on buying the boxed set for season 1 of each this weekend.

As for Rush's expertise, I have to believe that O'Neill wouldn't have Rush on the project as the lead scientist to start with if he wasn't near the top of the list.
                  I believe Stargate Atlantis came out concurrently with the 8th season of Stargate SG-1. To achieve maximum continuity you may want to watch the first 7 seasons of SG-1 first, assuming you get into the show enough to enjoy it.

The MGM website says Rush is one of the leading scientists of his time. I read it yesterday for the first time. See it below:

"The scientific head of the Icarus program and a certifiable genius, Dr. Nicholas Rush is one of the most brilliant scientists of his day. Having devoted some of the most difficult years of his life to the program, he knows more than anyone the importance of what is beyond that 9th chevron address. Definitely not the most agreeable aboard the ship, he is without a doubt the mastermind behind most of what goes on, whether people know it or not. Unwilling to bend to any sort of military rule, his focus is always on discovering the secrets to, and purpose of the Destiny."

I have watched all the series from their inception many times I have to admit that Rush didn't come across to me as that brilliant. I suspect part of that impression arises out of the fact that SGU is different than previous series in that it isn't letting the Destiny’s problems solved as fast, making Rush's competence seem less. I think that is why die hard fans don't regard him as being as smart as Carter and McKay and other scientists. Many of these same fans expect them to stone to the Destiny so they can fix things. I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon as SGU's writers for dramatic purposes don't want the show's problems solved that quickly or easily.
                  Last edited by Blackhole; 11 December 2009, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                    I believe Stargate Atlantis came out concurrently with the 8th season of Stargate SG-1. To achieve maximum continuity you may want to watch the first 7 seasons of SG-1 first, assuming you get into the show enough to enjoy it.

The MGM website says Rush is one of the leading scientists of his time. I read it yesterday for the first time. See it below:

"The scientific head of the Icarus program and a certifiable genius, Dr. Nicholas Rush is one of the most brilliant scientists of his day. Having devoted some of the most difficult years of his life to the program, he knows more than anyone the importance of what is beyond that 9th chevron address. Definitely not the most agreeable aboard the ship, he is without a doubt the mastermind behind most of what goes on, whether people know it or not. Unwilling to bend to any sort of military rule, his focus is always on discovering the secrets to, and purpose of the Destiny."

I have watched all the series from their inception many times I have to admit that Rush didn't come across to me as that brilliant. I suspect part of that impression arises out of the fact that SGU is different than previous series in that it isn't letting the Destiny’s problems solved as fast, making Rush's competence seem less. I think that is why die hard fans don't regard him as being as smart as Carter and McKay and other scientists. Many of these same fans expect them to stone to the Destiny so they can fix things. I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon as SGU's writers for dramatic purposes don't want the show's problems solved that quickly or easily.
                    Hes a realistic genius, not McKay genius.

McKay is really close to a Savant, Rush is more like...lets say Dyson.

I wonder if he and Hawkings are friends.
                    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                      Hes a realistic genius, not McKay genius.

McKay is really close to a Savant, Rush is more like...lets say Dyson.

I wonder if he and Hawkings are friends.
                      Some how I don't see Rush and Hawkings being friends!
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        Some how I don't see Rush and Hawkings being friends!
                        Yeah, Rush would never let Hawkings finish a sentence
                        Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Yeah, Rush would never let Hawkings finish a sentence
                          I just don't see him being sensitive to Hawkings...condition.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            I just don't see him being sensitive to Hawkings...condition.
                            Gah my humor was wasted
                            Later, AdamTM

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Gah my humor was wasted
                              Contact Soul [email protected] will teach you well on humor....
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't know if rush is friends with anyone really. he's isolated himself - especially with his arrogant attitude - and impatience with others.

I doubt he really has anyone he can consider or call friend
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X