No announcement yet.

So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is a rather pointless thread. It was the end of the episode and I’m sure there are many suspicious people on the Density, but being that SGU is an arc based show they don’t have to wrap everything up into a neat bow at the end of the ep, I’m sure that festering suspicions about Young will continue in further episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Young: We got caught in a rockslide! There was no time for me to help Rush through the gate!
      Everyone: Alright. We'll buy.

Umm... what? From what we saw, the planet consisted of a lot of desert and that one cliff-mini-mountain-hill-looking thing devoid of much rock for a slide. If you look at Young's clothes, it's obvious he hasn't been in a rock slide. Especially not rocks big enough to cause a rock slide serious enough to knock someone unconscious.

For one thing, his physical damage is highly local. There are no scrapes all over his body or face. All he has is a gash on his forehead, consistent with a fight (or just that one rock that was hurled at him).

If you take a look at his clothes, there's sand all over them. But there aren't holes in them. If there had been a rock slide, jagged rocks would've cut up his clothes (and possibly his body beneath those clothes).

Yeah, if I saw him walk in like that, the way he did and listened to the way he said what he said (without looking at anyone, by the way), I would've been highly suspicious. Especially if I was Eli, considering what he later tells Eli to do. Why wasn't there a KINO there recording them, anyway?

So is the expedition full of idiots or are they willfully ignoring the evidence?
      I'd say the most likely answer is nobody was fooled by Young's story...their simply just to afraid of him to say anything
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I think that after he was exonerated he earned yet another level of trust from the crew, so they'll accept his word without question!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
        : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Young: We got caught in a rockslide! There was no time for me to help Rush through the gate!
          Everyone: Alright. We'll buy.

Umm... what? From what we saw, the planet consisted of a lot of desert and that one cliff-mini-mountain-hill-looking thing devoid of much rock for a slide. If you look at Young's clothes, it's obvious he hasn't been in a rock slide. Especially not rocks big enough to cause a rock slide serious enough to knock someone unconscious.

For one thing, his physical damage is highly local. There are no scrapes all over his body or face. All he has is a gash on his forehead, consistent with a fight (or just that one rock that was hurled at him).

If you take a look at his clothes, there's sand all over them. But there aren't holes in them. If there had been a rock slide, jagged rocks would've cut up his clothes (and possibly his body beneath those clothes).

Yeah, if I saw him walk in like that, the way he did and listened to the way he said what he said (without looking at anyone, by the way), I would've been highly suspicious. Especially if I was Eli, considering what he later tells Eli to do. Why wasn't there a KINO there recording them, anyway?

So is the expedition full of idiots or are they willfully ignoring the evidence?

You make good points.

Comment

did you ever see some of the footage of the survivors of the towers? people that were there when it fell and emerged from the rubble alive.

in many cases, those 'in' the building came away cleaner than those 3 blocks away.

appearances are no real indication of one's location to a disaster. young came back dirty, scratched and scraped. rush was 'caught under a rock slide' and young had no time to dig him out.

And i'd be willing to bet that there were some among the crew that are glad to see him gone, especially the scientists that have been working for him.

and the more fatalistic and practical among them, one less mouth to feed.

it is very possible that there is some suspicion as to teh story. There always will be in any case that doesn't have a lot of witnesses. but I have a feeling that rush's lack of popularity will help quell that suspicion, for a time at least.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

None of the people we saw Young with later had been to the planet though. Maybe Volker, James and the two others (whose names escape me, since they're newer characters) would be suspicious.

Maybe there was a jagged pass on the way to the crashed ship. I mean, if they were stopped for the typical 12 hours, and Rush only had like 15 minutes to study the ship before they had to go back to the gate, it seems that there was a lot of ground to cover.

But as others have pointed out, I hope it DOES get brought up in the next episode. I also wanna see Young having troubles over it. I wanna see that he's a little wild and can't necessarily control his emotions, not that he's a ruthless *******.
              Last edited by Lord Hurin; 08 December 2009, 04:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                did you ever see some of the footage of the survivors of the towers? people that were there when it fell and emerged from the rubble alive.

in many cases, those 'in' the building came away cleaner than those 3 blocks away.

appearances are no real indication of one's location to a disaster. young came back dirty, scratched and scraped. rush was 'caught under a rock slide' and young had no time to dig him out.

And i'd be willing to bet that there were some among the crew that are glad to see him gone, especially the scientists that have been working for him.

it is very possible that there is some suspicion as to teh story. There always will be in any case that doesn't have a lot of witnesses. but I have a feeling that rush's lack of popularity will help quell that suspicion, for a time at least.
                The art of deduction is more specific that.
                There are clues for everything and the absence of certain markers should pique our curiosity.

That is what the thread starters is questioning out of the characters ability to perceive and he is right to question it. The episode while good has evidence of the usual SGU contrivances for Drama.

Comment

what show doesn't contrive for drama?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

what show doesn't contrive for drama?
                    Bingo. Basically every show ever made does this.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                      The art of deduction is more specific that.
                      There are clues for everything and the absence of certain markers should pique our curiosity.

That is what the thread starters is questioning out of the characters ability to perceive and he is right to question it. The episode while good has evidence of the usual SGU contrivances for Drama.
                      What do you expect to happen, immediately for there to be another trial or investigation? Perhaps Chloe can pretend to be Sherlock Holmes and don a deerstalker and smoke a pipe. Some will choose to believe Young, those that don’t, if there military, they’ll support Young and believe he dumped Rush on the planet for the greater good. If they don’t believe that they aren’t going to immediately chime up for fear of some other “accident” happening to them. Any tension caused by this will simmer, with whispered rumours of what when down before anything starts to happening. SGU being an arc based show, Rush being marooned will slowly cause more tension over time between the civilians and the military in future episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                        "So either the crew is consisted of idiots or they are willfully ignorant."
                        They're idiots.
                        why can they not be both?
                        sigpic
                        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                          why can they not be both?
                          Why do they have to be either? Why should they jump to conclusions and yell "MURDERER!" the second Young gets through the gate? I guess some people won't be satisfied until the scientists organize a lynch mob and kill all the military personnel on the ship.

Comment

Wilfully ignorant. They probably suspect what he did, some will care, some won't, but either way they can't prove a thing, and trying to isn't going to improve their situation.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              Wilfully ignorant. They probably suspect what he did, some will care, some won't, but either way they can't prove a thing, and trying to isn't going to improve their situation.
                              Agreed 100%

Just because we didn't see anyone pull a gun on Young, or hear anyone talking about how he must've killed Rush and concocted a story, doesn't mean they haven't or won't. How much time was left between Young arriving alone through the gate and the end of the episode? I'm 100% sure the writers won't just let this be.

Comment

I concur, though...

C'mon, seriously? Thats along the lines of

"He tripped, fell over and ran into my fist, it was an accident! REALLY!!"

I would be like: Yeeeeeah, right....
                                Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X