No announcement yet.

The Chair (pt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but it does occur naturally in some people. I'd buy it if it happened. It would definitely be a cool way of introducing the precursor to ancient gene technology. I'm sure the writers thought of something much less original and interesting though. Something that will completely blow the whole thing off or be a let down.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
      Yeah but it does occur naturally in some people. I'd buy it if it happened. It would definitely be a cool way of introducing the precursor to ancient gene technology. I'm sure the writers thought of something much less original and interesting though. Something that will completely blow the whole thing off or be a let down.
      Yeah I know, that's what I meant. I'm sure all SG personnel (military and scientist) are tested, so if they had the gene naturally they'd have been tested for it and likely stationed on Atlantis, not Icarus. I was also saying that some people (Rush, Young perhaps) may have been given the Ancient gene therapy and if it had worked, they also likely be stationed on Atlantis. Therefore, Eli and Chloe would be the most believable to have the gene, imo, sine they are not SG personnel and would not have been given the gene therapy or tested for the gene. Sorry if my original post was confusing.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        Yeah I know, that's what I meant. I'm sure all SG personnel (military and scientist) are tested, so if they had the gene naturally they'd have been tested for it and likely stationed on Atlantis, not Icarus. I was also saying that some people (Rush, Young perhaps) may have been given the Ancient gene therapy and if it had worked, they also likely be stationed on Atlantis. Therefore, Eli and Chloe would be the most believable to have the gene, imo, sine they are not SG personnel and would not have been given the gene therapy or tested for the gene. Sorry if my original post was confusing.

No not confusing but thanks. I see it the other way around though. I'd guess all SG command peeps either have it naturally or have been given the gene. Don't know how many people they really need in Atlantis though so you could be right. Who know....guess we will find out soon enough. Just thought the idea would be cool for the chair 1.0

Comment

I still don't understand why they think its a archive head grabber instead of a control chair as it looks like.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I'm inclined to believe that the "bolts" are just designed to hold the scull still during the download. As to the seizure, it could be anything from "oh it always does that" to malfunction to "You have 5 seconds to enter access code or we melt your brain." Now that's a security system.

Comment

Are some people forgetting the ancient Anya? When she was frozen the doctor drilled a massive chunk out of her arm for a tissue sample, and within a few hours it healed completely. Perhaps the damage was deemed acceptable for the device, given the ancients quick healing time?

As for the "electrodes" screwing in, all I can suggest is it was before the time of extending arms, so it had to screw through the thread in the head brace to reach the users head.

Comment

Anya is from the time of Atlantis, as seen in the SG: A pilot.

Comment

i was assuming it was like the brain scanner http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Ancient_brain_scanner

little lasers would scan your brain and you would use it that way
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
                    Anya is from the time of Atlantis, as seen in the SG: A pilot.
                    Doesn't mean their amazing ability to regenerate was any different. I doubt they genetically engineered they health and abilities, and if they were able to make such advanced ships, I don't see why their psychology would have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho View Post
                      I'm inclined to believe that the "bolts" are just designed to hold the scull still during the download. As to the seizure, it could be anything from "oh it always does that" to malfunction to "You have 5 seconds to enter access code or we melt your brain." Now that's a security system.
                      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                      "That he is concealing something."
                      "Like what?"
                      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Kind of like ED-209 security response in Robocop 1..

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho View Post

I doubt the bolts are used to hold the skull. There are several much better and non harmful ways to hold someones head still.....like some sort of strap or restraint.

Even the least advance race wouldn't do that.

Conversation that would never happen:

Fred the scientist: We sure need a way to hold his head still.

Bob the engineer: Oh! I got it! We could drill bolts into his head to hold it still!

Fred: Holy cr*p, that's an awsome idea!

Comment

I dont think it hurt that hard, the guy was in shock anyway...his blood was full of adrenaline.

Comment

The screws that were at Dr. Franklin's temple seemed to be at the surface of the skin.
                              It looked like his uncontrollable seizures made the screws scrape the skin and make it bleed.

Most likely, a device that you attach to your temple would be an additional piece of equipment that the screw needs to connect to.

As for the ancient gene, I would think that all military personnel would get the gene therapy as a pre-requisite to serve under SG command.

My problem with the chair is the restraints. Arms as well as legs.

Instead of restraints, there would be control panels if the chair was to be used as a control chair.

In Star Trek, Stargate Ancient vessels, or Ori vessels, you never see any restraints on a command chair. Control panels, yes. Restraints, no.

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
                                Conversation that would never happen:

Fred the scientist: We sure need a way to hold his head still.

Bob the engineer: Oh! I got it! We could drill bolts into his head to hold it still!

Fred: Holy cr*p, that's an awsome idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X