No announcement yet.

The Chair (pt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole "drill to the head" thing made me think it was even more like a trap from the Saw series.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      The whole "drill to the head" thing made me think it was even more like a trap from the Saw series.
      I always found it strange that there was no security on the Destiny ship to prevent aliens from taking over the vessel. Glad they finally shown one.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Jesh, the inventor of that chair was a masochist!
        And i dont belive multiple people should use it unless they clean the drills everytime so they dont exchange diseases by haveing someone elses blood in your head.

Comment

the chair looked harmless in this episode until he sat in it. So does just sitting in it activate it?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
            Jesh, the inventor of that chair was a masochist!
            And i dont belive multiple people should use it unless they clean the drills everytime so they dont exchange diseases by haveing someone elses blood in your head.
            I agree, that did seem way to crude. I thought that those things just touched the head and send small needles through like the Tok'ra dream memory things (can't remember the name).
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Would any later, much more advanced ancients be willing to sit in the chair and undergo that relatively savage treatment tho?

Seems a bit like any of us voulenteering to undergo a lobotomy.

Comment

Originally posted by smooTh__ View Post
                Would any later, much more advanced ancients be willing to sit in the chair and undergo that relatively savage treatment tho?

I wouldn't think so, they probaby would have replaced that chair with the one they use in Atlantis.

Comment

Or come already brain feeded by the chairs in Atlantis.
                  No Ancient in they're right mind would use that skull cracking machine.

Comment

Can somebody please post the spoiler what this chair is for. It's driving me crazy. The moment I looked at the thing i said hell this cannot be a download device. What are those straps for. To me it's more like an electric chair to perform a death sentence on.

What if this is the way to punish criminal ancients. The one who are so bad there is nothing you can do. What if it's purpose to purge all knowledge and leaves you with lesser intellect. This ancients cold leave you on a habitable planet. Because I doubt an advanced culture would sentence someone to death.

Btw why was rush there. Was here there before Eli got back???

Comment

the millions of years advanced Repository technology caused O'neill (stated to be an important link between humans and asgard), to become extremely dizzy, and well, not sure how to describe it. he could barely walk on his own.

this is millions of years less advanced tech. surely the impact would be greater. i would love to see him wake up days and days later. and then he starts doing stuff the classic O'neill way

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        the millions of years advanced Repository technology caused O'neill (stated to be an important link between humans and asgard), to become extremely dizzy, and well, not sure how to describe it. he could barely walk on his own.

this is millions of years less advanced tech. surely the impact would be greater. i would love to see him wake up days and days later. and then he starts doing stuff the classic O'neill way
                        I wonder how much he could take. O'neill was special, that's why he did the things he did. Is there any chance that franklin could handle the knowledge the same way?
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Judging from the pain caused by the procedure it will probably take him a while to recover from the information download. Franklin knew how dangerous the chair was, yet he still decided to sit in it. He may have sent Eli away because he found something and knew that Eli wouldn’t allow him to sit in the chair.
                          Last edited by StargateBuilder; 05 December 2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smooTh__ View Post

My friend has actually a pretty good theory on this.

It could be that the early ancient captain of such a ship would come prepared with a sort of surgical implants, so the chair only attaches to the implant instead of the head directly.

You know, Matrix style.
                            Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                              My friend has actually a pretty good theory on this.

It could be that the early ancient captain of such a ship would come prepared with a sort of surgical implants, so the chair only attaches to the implant instead of the head directly.

You know, Matrix style.
                              This makes sense, yes. I thought so as well, but wouldn't their be something that would let them know that these implants were needed?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                This makes sense, yes. I thought so as well, but wouldn't their be something that would let them know that these implants were needed?
                                Good point, the implant system would actually be a good lock against hostile takeover. The chair is the lock, but the implants are the key.

This doesnt explain why it just doesnt activate if it doesnt detect the implants.
                                Could be a security feature, you sit in it and nothing happens, you dont have the implants.
                                Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X