No announcement yet.

But What Did Chloe Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She knows how Eli feels about her, but wants to let him know how much his friendship means to her, and that it's still a strong relationship, if not the one he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
      I don't think so. I think there's somthing about Eli's personality that Chloe just does not respond to. I think we take the easy way out when we say its "just looks", but I always get the impression that she finds him as immature as everyone else. Scott projects competence and reliability. Wallace is starting to exhibit them both, but he still has a bit of "screw-up" in him.

I mean, we'll notice she is oblivious to as many of his jokes as everyone else. I think she respects his devotion and his math wizardry. But what else?
      I think she actually does get his jokes, she has laughed at quite a few of them. But I think she knows when it is not an appropriate time to make a joke. I think Eli needs to mature a little, and when he does I think Eli will become attracted to him.

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
      While big breasts certainly are not everything, the instant attraction, that hardwired part of our brain that recognises physical shapes of hips and long hair and bosom, that part that grabs our attention, makes us look twice and then can (or not depending on the girl) be followed up by pretty face, nice smile and later the personality is (for most men) more powerful with big breasts. The following characteristics need to be right also, the battle is not won at the first hurdle, but it helps. And be honest, given that the actress is on tv pretty much guarantees that she is going to be hot in the same way that Eli is pretty handsome himself in comparison to mere mortals. The actress is playing a military officer wearing masculine clothes with a tough personality, she's not going to be worrying about breaking a nail on her rifle. I personally think she is really hot, even without the shoulder boulders.
      Actually it has been shown that the part of the female body that men first notice is the face, and even then it is more the shape of her face than anything else that will drive an attraction.

And no I do not currently have any links to anything to prove this.

@SupremeLegate
      Apogee Institute
      Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        She knows how Eli feels about her, but wants to let him know how much his friendship means to her, and that it's still a strong relationship, if not the one he wanted.
        And Eli snuck in a goodbye kiss. The last one he'll ever get. [Mr. T voice] I pity the fool [/Mr. T voice]

Comment

I woulnd't mind seeing him hook up with parks.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I woulnd't mind seeing him hook up with parks.
            It sometimes makes you wonder if Park is still like that. We haven't seen her engage like that since Life
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Atlanis,

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
              Cholie is a user at least for the most of the season and this last scene gives me hope that she's comming out of her using and abusing Eli's feelings ways or mabye not
              How the heck does not having sex with Eli equate to being a "user at least for most of the season." Friends do for each other without expectation of reward or favor. That's what friendship is. If Eli is only friends with Chloe because he has a desire to have sex with her then he's the one using, not her. She's never given Eli the impression she wants anything other than friendship and it is wrong to presume otherwise.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Air Part 2, Scott comforting her about her dad's death. Air Part 3 end, Chloe bringing Scott water after his desert trip. Little things from there on solidifying their relationshipness to me- his reaction to her death in Time (And their flirty banter earlier), them together in Space, chatting about her nightmares in Divided, his concern for her here in the finale... It's there.
                Flimsy. Air part 2, I'll give you, although I wonder about an attraction that begins by talking about one's father. Air part 3, there were several like Greer and Eli (who risked staying behind with his arm in the wormhole!); why didn't she bring him water? Answer: because Scott is hunky. With Time, that's more Scott, and it's obvious that he wants her, and we've already established that he likes sex. The rest is after they've hooked up and feels tacked on. I get the same vibe from them, as I do from Anakin and Amadala in Star Wars Ep II: Attack of the clones. Cheesy romance from two people who look they are trying to be in love.

Would Scott be happy being her friend? Would he still have those moments if she wasn't with him? Judging by how he has no moments with James, I'd say no.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                In all fairness, in SGA they had Keller hook up with McKay instead of Ronon so that was different. Of course it turned out to be terrible for the show but at least they went that different route.
                I'll give you that (even though I preferred the girl Rodney was with before that he almost proposed to). But Rodney is, well, he's a powerful personality. And that's a big part of why I liked SGA, is because it was different that what was on at the time. SGU seems to be trying too hard to be like everything else.

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                I think the lack of a solid foundation for their relationship, which to me basically consists of “We both know what it feels like to lose a parent, lets shake up,” will be handled more in season 2. At least if what I have read in interviews is any indication.
                That's an interesting take which I often considered. If they break up because the foundation isn't there, and Eli's been better to her than Scott has, then it will be a big growth moment for both Chloe and Scott. Chloe, because she'll realize the better man is the one has been there for her, even if he knew he couldn't be with her. And Scott will learn that women aren't just people who will jump in your bed, and you need to value them more as a person before sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  Flimsy. Air part 2, I'll give you, although I wonder about an attraction that begins by talking about one's father.
                  It's possible he was attracted to her before that, and decided to use the opportunity of her grief to get closer. It happens a lot in real life.

Air part 3, there were several like Greer and Eli (who risked staying behind with his arm in the wormhole!); why didn't she bring him water? Answer: because Scott is hunky.
                  That's a good point, but also remember Eli and Greer weren't so seriously dehydrated. They were in the desert the same amount of time, but remember Scott gave Greer his extra water before they split up and a lot of Eli's time was spent standing by the gate not physically exerting. By the time he got back to the gate with the soda lime, Scott was on the verge of passing out again from dehydration and had to be helped to his quarters, but Eli and Greer got back to the ship, took a drink, and were fine.

Comment

Translation: Im not gonna put out but im still gonna use u for support and all those things my hot BF wont give me that i need, isnt he dreamy?

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                      It's possible he was attracted to her before that, and decided to use the opportunity of her grief to get closer. It happens a lot in real life.
                      Sounds a lot like he was using her father's death to work his mojo on her, in her moment of grief, then. To a girl he had only really seen for... a day? Maybe two?

That's a good point, but also remember Eli and Greer weren't so seriously dehydrated. They were in the desert the same amount of time, but remember Scott gave Greer his extra water before they split up and a lot of Eli's time was spent standing by the gate not physically exerting. By the time he got back to the gate with the soda lime, Scott was on the verge of passing out again from dehydration and had to be helped to his quarters, but Eli and Greer got back to the ship, took a drink, and were fine.
                      He was running and carrying a heavy load, so he wasn't too worse from Eli and Greer. It was a collaborative effort between Scott, Greer, and Eli... and she visited him and made it sound like it was all his doing that saved them. So why not thank them, too? Why not at least Eli, too, whom she had known longer than Scott?

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Translation: Im not gonna put out but im still gonna use u for support and all those things my hot BF wont give me that i need, isnt he dreamy?
                      It's called "Emotional cheating" and women do it all the time. Get this from Guy A, and get that from Guy B, etc. It's like trying to have your cake and eat it, too. The only time women grow out of it, is after they've destroyed quite a few relationships and friendships over it. The attractive ones usually always have problems with it, since they are attractive, and thus have another guy or two lined up (friend or not) that they can whine to. Chloe has realized her friends were superficial, but she hasn't realized why yet. It almost seemed like she might know why she was a part of it, but is hiding from that part of herself, unwilling to confront it.

Another translation of her "second prize" comment would be: "I don't see you as a guy at all, like I did with my past BF, Scott, and other hunky guys. You're just an androgynous friend that I can tell all my problems to and who is devoted and goes to great lengths for me, but never see as attractive or mate material; isn't that enough for you?"

If I could find a woman devoted to me, I'd sure as hell give her a chance. That kind of loyalty you just don't find too often, and is a key ingredient in a healthy relationship. However, I'll state once again my preference is for Eli to drop her into Scott's lap, wash his hands of her, and find other people to hang with.

Comment

It's funny but I'm learning a lot more about the posters with all this projection going on than I am about the characters
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

so why are they an item again?
                          Scott's there when Senator Armstrong gets burried in the rubble in Air 1 and is there again when he locks himself in the shuttle. Both extremely traumatic events which Chloe witnesses first hand. Scott's the first one to console her in both instances. Possibly a factor, she's looking for a surrogate Dad Dad Daddy-O.
                          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            It's funny but I'm learning a lot more about the posters with all this projection going on than I am about the characters
                            Funny... Sad... Same thing.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              Observe the Gateworld poster in his natural habitat. Watch as he quickly makes a point and is suddenly overwhelmed by disagrements. His natural defense to make more radical claims fails and he is soon devoured. Such is the way in the animal kingdom.
                              sigpic
                              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                                Observe the Gateworld poster in his natural habitat. Watch as he quickly makes a point and is suddenly overwhelmed by disagrements. His natural defense to make more radical claims fails and he is soon devoured. Such is the way in the animal kingdom.
                                Well spotted chum. Unfortunately, the "he" you are referring to is in fact a "she". Clearly, you have failed identification of species' gender in Biology class.
                                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X