No announcement yet.

But What Did Chloe Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since eli left her I wonder how that'll play out in the next season. I think she might feel abandoned by him but she may come to realize that was how he felt when she used him.

But as for me I don't think she'll ever get with Eli. She only exists to pull his strings to create conflict.

And also normal women do not get with social outcasts. It just isn't done.

Comment

"The male fantasy is, "if I stay with her long enough, she'll love me." The female one always seems to be, "I can maintain two very intimate relationships with with two men and it will be ok." As I was relaying my story previously, this is where my friend ran into trouble. Eventually, she'll have to choose. "

You hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly how women think.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
        ...Chloe found sexual comfort in the big strong arms of the military man...
        Then the solution for Eli is to do the same in the big strong arms of Lt. James.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
          Then the solution for Eli is to do the same in the big strong arms of Lt. James.
          Except it doesn't generally work that way for men (at least that in my experience I haven't seen a woman pick out a man who is not strong in SOME way.) I'm as big a supporter of that pairing as there ever was because I think James and Eli could probably be at turns real, funny, and could provide growth for each other. But (and it's a big one), it's a tricky sell for most people because they're trying so desperately hard to sell this as "real" and many people don't like to portray big differences in looks as realistic pairings although it does happen in real life. I can already hear the criticism.

"So he couldn't hook up with Chloe because she was too hot, but somehow James who is arguably more attractive and stronger somehow falls madly in love with Wallace? Really?!"

As a writer, it can be done and it can be good. For what they're trying to sell with the show, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

Chloe never used/abused Eli's feelings. She didn't know when the revolt was happening, she was only there to watch the Kino footage of Scott blowing up the alien ship stuck to the hull. I could see in her eyes that she was surprised when the revolt started and she suddenly left. Eli accused her later, but she said it wasn't true and I believed her.

I'm in the same situation as Eli right now -- in love with a girl who's in love with a more muscular guy (although not sleeping with him) and she's "really good friends but nothing more" with me, so I know exactly how he feels. I even cried a little during that scene.

I think Eli probably should've told her why he was abandoning her. It doesn't take that long to say "Scott and Greer are stranded outside and I have to open an airlock for them."

Assuming she lives through this, when she finds out that Eli was going to save her lover, then I think she'll totally forgive him for abandoning her and she'll only think higher of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
              ...As a writer, it can be done and it can be good. For what they're trying to sell with the show, I wouldn't hold my breath.
              I actually prefer an Eli/TJ ship, which is even more unlikely, but I think Eli/James would be a good fit seeing as how lonely they both are.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                Except it doesn't generally work that way for men (at least that in my experience I haven't seen a woman pick out a man who is not strong in SOME way.) I'm as big a supporter of that pairing as there ever was because I think James and Eli could probably be at turns real, funny, and could provide growth for each other. But (and it's a big one), it's a tricky sell for most people because they're trying so desperately hard to sell this as "real" and many people don't like to portray big differences in looks as realistic pairings although it does happen in real life. I can already hear the criticism.

"So he couldn't hook up with Chloe because she was too hot, but somehow James who is arguably more attractive and stronger somehow falls madly in love with Wallace? Really?!"

As a writer, it can be done and it can be good. For what they're trying to sell with the show, I wouldn't hold my breath.
                I honestly never found James that attractive but thats me. And that statement had a point. Hot/attractive/cute whatever word you want to use is different from person to person. When we are talking about physical looks everyone strives for a different part
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I personally find Chloe way more physically attractive than James. I can kinda understand why Scott would pick her over James. But that's just me.

Comment

Honestly, I'm just referring to the quandry of hooking Wallace up with James. It's why I said arguably. I'm simply saying from a story perspective, I think they'd get accused of placating the 15-25 year old fanboy so they won't do it.

Looks are irrelevant. When I say I like James and Wallace as a pair, it's really because there's always a very pure chemistry coming from them when they're in a scene. Awkward, friendly, or manipulative... I like their scenes. And there was such symmetry in their situations, so it always kind of made sense.

Comment

I don't think Chloe has any feelings of abandonment when Eli left (maybe fleeting but not any kind of real feeling that will affect her decisions or emotions 2 seconds after she had them) I got the impression that she was worried for him rather than herself. In fact, I felt like she was more likely to be impressed by that hero moment than the 2 hours he spent carrying her around the ship.

I do feel that Chloe and Scott kind of fell into bed - they were attracted to each other, she could tell he was a good guy (and he is, much as we all identify with Eli - its not like Scott is any kind of a bad guy unless you count giving into temptation with James) and since they were both sure they were going to be dead within hours and she was in shock over losing her dad there was a strong sense of "why the hell not?"

Then they both survived, and now I get the strong impression that Scott likes Chloe more than she likes him. When she was going through her PTSD from being abducted she didn't feel like she could talk to him about it whereas if she had been in a similar situation with Eli I think she would have.

Right now their relationship is running on mutual attraction, her respect for him and his devotion to her, whereas she feels the devotion but not the attraction to Eli.

I wonder what would happen if Eli ended up swapping bodies with Scott? Would that create her dream man?
                      "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

yeah james is not all attractive. Chloe has that 'need to be protected' thing, and james is lets be honest, a bit butch. Just cause she has large breasts doesnt make her attractive. Sorry not all us guys are so obsessed with that.
                        Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                          I wonder what would happen if Eli ended up swapping bodies with Scott? Would that create her dream man?
                          Ugh... you just gave me an idea for a fanfic...

Although if Eli was in Scott's body, he's too good a person to take sexual advantage of Chloe (if she doesn't know about the swith) and she'd never sleep with him if she did know.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                            yeah james is not all attractive. Chloe has that 'need to be protected' thing, and james is lets be honest, a bit butch. Just cause she has large breasts doesnt make her attractive. Sorry not all us guys are so obsessed with that.
                            Thank you, I was trying to think of a tactful way to say something like "an ample bosom isn't everything" in my last post, but you did it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                              I don't think so. I think there's somthing about Eli's personality that Chloe just does not respond to. I think we take the easy way out when we say its "just looks", but I always get the impression that she finds him as immature as everyone else. Scott projects competence and reliability. Wallace is starting to exhibit them both, but he still has a bit of "screw-up" in him.

I mean, we'll notice she is oblivious to as many of his jokes as everyone else. I think she respects his devotion and his math wizardry. But what else?

Comment

While big breasts certainly are not everything, the instant attraction, that hardwired part of our brain that recognises physical shapes of hips and long hair and bosom, that part that grabs our attention, makes us look twice and then can (or not depending on the girl) be followed up by pretty face, nice smile and later the personality is (for most men) more powerful with big breasts. The following characteristics need to be right also, the battle is not won at the first hurdle, but it helps. And be honest, given that the actress is on tv pretty much guarantees that she is going to be hot in the same way that Eli is pretty handsome himself in comparison to mere mortals. The actress is playing a military officer wearing masculine clothes with a tough personality, she's not going to be worrying about breaking a nail on her rifle. I personally think she is really hot, even without the shoulder boulders.
                                "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Working...
                                X