No announcement yet.

But What Did Chloe Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is, we've seen why Chloe values Eli. But I haven't seen any real touching/bonding scene between Chloe and Scott... so why are they an item again? Oh yeah, Hollywood romance. Gotta have the good looking chick and good looking guy hook up. God forbid they actually do something edgier and hook the good looking girl up with the devoted nerd.

I can actually see the closeness between Eli and Chloe. I can't see any between Chloe and Scott; it's more of an informed ability. "Oh yeah, they're an item, but um, we're not really gonna set up why or how. Just run with it."

Comment

I think that she knows that Eli loves her. I think that, for Chloe, friendship is really the first prize, and Scott didn't get that, Eli did. When she's talking about all the friends that she thought that she had but didn't, I couldn't help but think about a scene with Eli and Chloe in Time, where he's talking about never having had a best friend. Scott will never really be that for her; it's Eli that she values more than anything. Every time she said friend, Eli's face fell a little more, but the way she said friend? Friend ranks higher than lover for her.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

But I haven't seen any real touching/bonding scene between Chloe and Scott... so why are they an item again? God forbid they actually do something edgier and hook the good looking girl up with the devoted nerd.
        Air Part 2, Scott comforting her about her dad's death. Air Part 3 end, Chloe bringing Scott water after his desert trip. Little things from there on solidifying their relationshipness to me- his reaction to her death in Time (And their flirty banter earlier), them together in Space, chatting about her nightmares in Divided, his concern for her here in the finale... It's there.

And I'll bet anything that it's deliberately jarring so as to highlight the Eli/Chloe stuff more. Sort of elongate the drama in that relationship a bit as long as Scott's around with Chloe.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The idea that any of these characters are in love with each other is rubbish. The are just reacting to the remarkable circumstances they find themselves in.

Chloe found sexual comfort in the big strong arms of the military man, cause her father had just died, she cannot think for herself and is a big wimp.

In normal circumstances she would have more than likely ended up with eli, because scott is a ******.

But hey its all fiction.
          Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
          Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
            The idea that any of these characters are in love with each other is rubbish. The are just reacting to the remarkable circumstances they find themselves in.

Chloe found sexual comfort in the big strong arms of the military man, cause her father had just died, she cannot think for herself and is a big wimp.

In normal circumstances she would have more than likely ended up with eli, because scott is a ******.

But hey its all fiction.
            I always saw it more of relating to another because they both have gone through simliar past experence. As for in real life I want to know where you live. I rarely see the girl go for the social outcast
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
              The thing is, we've seen why Chloe values Eli. But I haven't seen any real touching/bonding scene between Chloe and Scott... so why are they an item again? Oh yeah, Hollywood romance. Gotta have the good looking chick and good looking guy hook up. God forbid they actually do something edgier and hook the good looking girl up with the devoted nerd.
              In all fairness, in SGA they had Keller hook up with McKay instead of Ronon so that was different. Of course it turned out to be terrible for the show but at least they went that different route.

I think Chloe made it clear that she just values him as a friend. With that said, I have yet to see Chloe and Scott share any emotional moments. Maybe 1 or 2, but none have come close to the interactions between Chloe and Eli. Doesn't even explain how Chloe and Scott got together in the first place.

I'm still rooting for Eli.
              sigpic

Comment

But hey its all fiction.
                But hey you're just a buzzkill to yourself.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The way I took it was that she knew how he felt about her, which when your crushing on someone it is nice to know that they know how you feel about them. Second, while she only sees him as a friend that does not mean that she does not care about him just as much as she cares about Scott, just in a different way.

Now while I still hope that one day she will realize that she feels for Eli what he feels for her, Season 3 or 4 maybe, I can live with things as they are now. And I will smile as Scott remains completely and utterly oblivious.

On a side note: I do not think that Chloe distracted Eli in “Divided,” as she pointed out she did not even know when it was going to happen. And I think how desperate she was for Eli to know that in “Faith” proves that she was not using how he feels about her to distract him.

But that is what I believe, and will continue to believe. Anyone else can believe what ever they wish to believe.

I can actually see the closeness between Eli and Chloe. I can't see any between Chloe and Scott; it's more of an informed ability. "Oh yeah, they're an item, but um, we're not really gonna set up why or how. Just run with it."
                  I think the lack of a solid foundation for their relationship, which to me basically consists of “We both know what it feels like to lose a parent, lets shake up,” will be handled more in season 2. At least if what I have read in interviews is any indication.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  Chloe's line, "Why do you always react as if I've given a runner-up prize?" was a highlight for me.
                  Yeah, I think she made it pretty clear that while he did not get the first prize he wanted, he did get a first prize.

Originally posted by BomB191 View Post
                  it could also be that she indeed dose love Eli BUT dose not want to bail on Scot being stuck on a ship and what not
                  Personally I think she actually does love them both, just in different ways.

@SupremeLegate
                  Apogee Institute
                  Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Well hes not really a social outcast, but i understand what u mean. My point is that Eli and Chloe have much more in common, and they would develop from a great friendship to love over time i believe. Chloe and Scott is all about physical attraction, there is nothing else there, and that wont last.
                    Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                    Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Well hes not really a social outcast, but i understand what u mean. My point is that Eli and Chloe have much more in common, and they would develop from a great friendship to love over time i believe. Chloe and Scott is all about physical attraction, there is nothing else there, and that wont last.
                      I wouldn't say that far. Its not just physical attraction. Obviously that is probably a huge part of it but I think their is a little more to it. After all of Chloe's talk about regretting her shallow friends I don't think she is going for something so shallow
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        When she's talking about all the friends that she thought that she had but didn't, I couldn't help but think about a scene with Eli and Chloe in Time, where he's talking about never having had a best friend. Scott will never really be that for her;
                        That is a good catch, I missed the symmetry entirely.

As for "has she ever used Eli?" I don't think in the romantic sense she has. But I do think she came extremely close to it in "Divided." And I think she knew it too, after the fact. Which is why she's trying to repair the relationship after that episode.

I say this about romantic and non-romantic love. The lines can blur over time, so I don't read too much into any one scene. Things change, constantly.

And the truth is, they can not STAY best friends forever. Maybe on the ship... but any relationship Chloe has with another man (even if Eli is comfortable with it), most of those men will NOT be. I think we already see that with Scott. He seems upset that Wallace is with her, eventhough he'll freely admit just like Greer that Eli would "take a bullet before he'd let them touch a hair on her head."

The male fantasy is, "if I stay with her long enough, she'll love me." The female one always seems to be, "I can maintain two very intimate relationships with with two men and it will be ok." As I was relaying my story previously, this is where my friend ran into trouble. Eventually, she'll have to choose.

Comment

I disagree. It would be the hollywood thing to do to put the pretty chick with the nerdy dude. In real life women it doesn't work that way. The vast majority of women are about as shallow as the typical man when it comes to looks and attraction, it simply doesn't show as much because they're much pickier in their partners (like income and social status). I hope for eli that he gets into chloe's pants when she's drunk and having relationship issues with scott, but that's as far as he will get realistically speaking (and he would be too much of a good guy to take advantage).
                          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mevi View Post
                            I think it was plain as day - she said that she wants him to know that she thinks he is a really great guy and friend, and that she isn't interested, but isn't just being a superficial friend. Eli, on the other hand, has feelings, and she knows it, so she acknowledged them. Hopefully this will get it out of the way so the characters can grow instead of walking around angsty all the time.
                            But I'm not sure if that kind of one-side love relationship work in real life. 2 good friends of opposite sex may be ok, but not when one of them is in love with the other.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I took it as Chloe saying that she feels that when she tells Eli that she considers him a friend, that he undervalues that friendship as something being offered to placate him, instead of what he really wants, whereas she considers the friendship she has with Eli as something very important to her and not something she would offer lightly.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Chloe's line, "Why do you always react as if I've given a runner-up prize?" was a highlight for me.
                                I went through that a decade ago. Though the time has long past and the girl's married (she wanted me to do her prenup pictures) I still feel the scars. I like this part of the episode the most.

Chloe said it for her own sake and not for Eli. It is really tough if you aren't built like a soldier or some basketball player.

Comment

Working...
                                X