Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Play Stratedgy, How would you of defended destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
    IMO the difference between the prison planet and the Jumper in 38 minutes was that if it had been possible to apply the reverse thrust necessary to fight against the Gate's inertia then they would have been able to get out of that. Don't forget that when you start to enter the gate then it automatically tries to pull you through. It is possible to pull out again, but only if there is more of you outside the gate than in, or if the force was great enough. I always got the impression that the pulling force increased the greater amount of an object started to go through. In the case of the Jumper, at first the engine got stuck, this robbed them of their momentum and then their position and damage to the ship prevented them from applying the necessary reverse thrust.
    Yes, if the Jumper had been able to apply reverse thrust then they could have backed out of the gate just fine. The thing is, though, a large portion of the jumper (seemed like 4 or 5 feet, at least) was sticking through the gate, and if they were being consistent (with the food pipe on the prison episode) then the front part of the Jumper should have been sticking out in Atlantis's gate room.

Comment

The 'One way through the gate' concept is used when it's convenient and ignored when it's convenient. Such is television.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
        The reason the food pipe worked on the prison planet is because it never completely emerged from the puddle
        I think it's just a plot hole, or a specially modified stargate, seeing that the people had some advanced technology anyway. What would happen if a prisoner grabbed onto the end of the food pipe as it retracted? The arm and body could constitute part of the end of the food pipe as far as the stargate is concerned.

Speaking of plot holes. The event horizon specifically repells water and air. So depending on how strict it is, food gloop could be repelled from entering the horizon if it had a high water content. Possibly another plot hole.

Comment

In 38 minutes Ford was pulled out from the puddle when only his hand was sticking out. I don't think there's any inconsistency. Besides if I'm just missing something and there is, the argument could be made that in Prisoners it was an incoming wormhole and in 38 minutes it was outgoing so that could explain it.

Perfecto!

Comment

Yes, in Prisoners they were on the "out" side of the wormhole and in 38 mintues they were on the "in" side... but for consistency, the front end of the jumper should have been sticking through into Atlantis's gate room, along with the pilot and all-of-Ford-except-his-hand.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
              Yes, in Prisoners they were on the "out" side of the wormhole and in 38 mintues they were on the "in" side... but for consistency, the front end of the jumper should have been sticking through into Atlantis's gate room, along with the pilot and all-of-Ford-except-his-hand.
              No. The wormhole only transmits as whole. Numerous episodes prove this
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                No. The wormhole only transmits as whole. Numerous episodes prove this
                Yeah Air pt 3 for instance, and I'm sure there's some SG-1 eps from before 38 minutes that would be examples.

Perfecto!

Comment

I would use kenos as Suicide Bombers. put a block of c4 on one!
                  sigpic

Comment

Push the gate over so that anyone who comes through falls right back into the event horizon.

Comment

I would have Optimus Prime waiting for them in the Gateroom ready to Transform and Roll over em'
                      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Turn off the artificial gravity and have a defense team in magnetised boots. Has someone already said that?

Glad we have got away from the discussion of wormhole theory....
                        "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

With Young's intel, Strategically venting would be the best way to defend the gate; but you have to do it fast I mean really fast like 30 seconds or less I mean there is a chance the enemy brought oxygen tanks and had time to use them. In order to conserve ammo and prevent loss of life for earth forces

If I had all information, (Like the fact that Kiva had hostages, Icarus planet blowing up, and that they had door openers I would have had cargo containers placed in front of the gate with every man armed behind them. The moment a LA member step in a single shot to the head for each one. The ones behind will have no warning so they'll just keep comming in and dying as they rematerialize on our side. Of course, we might run out of ammo before they run out of men.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                            With Young's intel, Strategically venting would be the best way to defend the gate; but you have to do it fast I mean really fast like 30 seconds or less I mean there is a chance the enemy brought oxygen tanks and had time to use them. In order to conserve ammo and prevent loss of life for earth forces

If I had all information, (Like the fact that Kiva had hostages, Icarus planet blowing up, and that they had door openers I would have had cargo containers placed in front of the gate with every man armed behind them. The moment a LA member step in a single shot to the head for each one. The ones behind will have no warning so they'll just keep comming in and dying as they rematerialize on our side. Of course, we might run out of ammo before they run out of men.
                            he didn't have all the information though, which is the thing
                            he had what he had to work with
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I would have already had the gate room in a vacuum before the gate dialled and not waited until the wormhole had established. I would also have had Riley standing by in the communications lab to pull the plug on the stones as soon as Rush/Telford came through (not knowing that gate travel would sever the link anyway). Finally I would have had Scott and Greer in the environmental suits to recue Telford as soon as possible....Incursion by LA forces, dealt with!
                              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                              "That he is concealing something."
                              "Like what?"
                              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                he didn't have all the information though, which is the thing
                                he had what he had to work with
                                Yeah he did the best he could under the circumstances. Without killing Telford...
                                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                                X