Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Play Stratedgy, How would you of defended destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should have turned off the life support in the room, and vented some air from the room so that the LA wouldn't have been killed immediately but would have become disorientated, maybe faint, then send in troops and take em down
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

It was completely idiotic.
      You don't just give up your biggest advantage. You don't let the enemy establish a beach head, regroup and prepare for their next move.

You stop them at the gate! If you don't you have a much harder time containing them.

How this could have been done is obvious and has already been said a thousand times:
      Vent the atmosphere in the gate room and barricade the doors.
      Yes, they could have come prepared. So what? Not worse than what happened.

Comment

I wouldve vented the atmosphere took whatever supplies and weapons the Lucian alliance brought with them dialed up the gate the next Time we came outta FTL and stranded them on a habitable planet. Yeah I sound like a total JackA** but I'm just stating my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
          Of course if they were feeling really sadistic they could just string a few bits of cheesewire from one side of the gate to the other and get the mops ready.

But on a more serious note I agree with the poster above. They knew it was coming. Why not just 'bury' the gate as best they could.
          that gate is vital to the Destiny's survival. Running any risk to that gate isn't an option. Plus, there's a time issue, to say nothing of a resources issue. Bury it how exactly?

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          1.) Dig a moat.

2.) Have Wray demand hall passes from any member of the LA who leaves the gateroom.

regards,
          G.
          Wray as hall monitor...*shudder*
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Would people be saying vent the gateroom if it had been Chloe that was stuck in there? Or Eli? Scott?

Sure, he could have vented the room before they arrived, making the unexpected arrival of Rush collateral damage. For whatever reason (perhaps he was holding out hope it would be SGC members coming through the gate, their attack having been successful?) Young didn't pre-vent the room, one of his crew members arrived, and Young made the decision that swift victory wasn't worth losing Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
              Hide behind the Gate as it's dialing, vent the room, kill the stragglers and then save Rush and Kiva.

Bam.
              How do you expect the Soldiers to kill the stragglers when they also sufficated behind the Gate?
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by AdmlDj View Post
                i was just thinking about something like that i mean if they came through that fast they would just bounce off the diy iris and fall back into the event horizon problem solved
                I can't remember what happens when you enter the event horizon from the other way. Do you end up back on the other end? I thought stargate wormholes were one way. But then I do recall an episode in the stargate franchise where someone exited a stargate and shot back into it. What happens to those bullets?

And what about the prisioner planet episode where a piece of long wood came out of th event horizon to funnel food gloop, then only to retract itself, as in going the wrong way in the event horizon. And if they could go both ways in the event horizon, then they could have evacuated everyone from Atlantis by dialing the gate from Earth. And radio waves seem to transmit both ways. So what gives.

Comment

I'm not an expert or anything, but I think when someone (like O'Neill) returns back to Earth firing bullets backwards into the gate, that's merely because he was firing them when he entered. I don't think those bullets arrive, and I imagine that they're actually destroyed.

Although, I've always wondered. Even with the assistance of devices like a Keno or MALP, how exactly do radio and video transmissions find their way back through the worm hole if they only work one way?

Comment

Unbolt the Stargate and lay it flat on the ground. Either it won't work and problem is solved or whenever the Lucian Alliance come through they'll fall right back into the event horizon the moment they come out. Or lay it the other way and let them be squashed the moment they come out.
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                      Unbolt the Stargate and lay it flat on the ground. Either it won't work and problem is solved or whenever the Lucian Alliance come through they'll fall right back into the event horizon the moment they come out. Or lay it the other way and let them be squashed the moment they come out.
                      Wouldn't the kawoosh take out the floor?

Comment

I like the idea of pointing the gate upward. Except for radio waves, stuff only goes one way through a wormhole, and if I remember correctly anything (or anyone) falling into the "out" end will have their atoms ripped apart or something equally deadly. The only problem is that coming to Destiny from the Milky Way tends to throw you out of the wormhole at significant speed, so it's probable that at least some LA people would hit the ground instead of the gate (possibly after smacking into the ceiling), but you'd at least have fewer of them to deal with.

Pointing the gate at the floor isn't a good idea. The gate has several inches of thickness between its forwardmost surface (probalby the chevrons) and the event horizon itself, so the kawoosh has plenty of room to form. It'd just make a large hole into the deck below, and then you'd have LA forces running around down there instead. Unless the gate room happens to be all the way at the bottom of the ship, in which case it would cause a massive hull breach and throw them out into space, probably vaporizing them against the inside of the shield.

Comment

I say vent ALL the air out of the gateroom, and turn off the artificial Gravity. Not only would the lack of air disorient them, but with no gravity they would just go crashing into the wall. They wouldn't have time to figure out what was going on and open the doors before they passed out.

Game over.
                          Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post

Pointing the gate at the floor isn't a good idea. The gate has several inches of thickness between its forwardmost surface (probalby the chevrons) and the event horizon itself, so the kawoosh has plenty of room to form. It'd just make a large hole into the deck below, and then you'd have LA forces running around down there instead. Unless the gate room happens to be all the way at the bottom of the ship, in which case it would cause a massive hull breach and throw them out into space, probably vaporizing them against the inside of the shield.
                            Crap! I forgot about the kawoosh. Okay drop it once the kawoosh goes away.
                            sigpic
                            Doci of the BAG

Comment

It's pretty obvious that the fix was in as soon as Young said he'd vent the room when the LA came through the gate. In the "real world" he would have vented it from the start. It was the fastest and easiest way for him to defend the people on board. Young wouldn't have know for certain that Telford/Rush was going to be tossed through, although the possibility would be known to him.

It could have a negative effect on the floor, but if it were suspended from the ceiling...

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                                It could have a negative effect on the floor, but if it were suspended from the ceiling...

regards,
                                G.
                                I like the way you think. Suspended from the ceiling and with the speed the LA come out all we'd have to worry about would be cleaning up the mess.
                                sigpic
                                Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                                X