Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Play Stratedgy, How would you of defended destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post

Greer....Flame Thrower... Enough Said.
    LoL! Honestly, I wouldn't have done any differently than Young. Who could've known that they had magic door openers?
    sigpic
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

My question is whether they can control the pressure as well as the air. If they can then the answer is simple. Lower the pressure, everybody blacks out, then stop lowering it before they suffer braiin damage.

I have to assume that they forgot (or couldn't count on) the way people come through the gate (head first). If they had been able to plan on that, then it shouldn't have been too difficult to have a defense team shoot all the bad guys while they were lying dazed on the deck.
      "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

All you need is some gas that'll knock the people unconscious without killing them. Fill the gate room with it before they arrive, and then once everyone is asleep go in with a couple space suits and tie everyone up and take their weapons. Rush/Telford isn't harmed, and you have a whole bunch of LA prisoners.

Even better: As soon as Telford's brainwashing is undone, when he said "They're coming", just disconnect the stones. When he gets back to his own body, have Telford to pretend to still be Rush, and tell the LA people something like "It's not going to work. My math shows if you try to dial now the gate will explode as soon as the wormhole connects."

Comment

give them the water from water, dosnt it have the bugs from time in them, just let them die in 12 hours, the destiny crew is immune to them.

that or see if i could manipulate the sheild at all, shrink it to encase the gate

or position personal around the back of the gate, the second floor, and under the floor panels. they come flying out of the gate, shoot them. acceptable losses

Comment

I'm still a big fan of venting the room and killing everyone at once
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              I'm still a big fan of venting the room and killing everyone at once
              Yup. Best course of action.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                LoL! Honestly, I wouldn't have done any differently than Young. Who could've known that they had magic door openers?
                They're called "explosives." You really expect a military force with access to high technology to come through the door without so much as a single grenade? Though, it kinda looks like they may have, although we don't know for sure. Still, a good military commander should expect their enemy to have explosives.

As people have said, Young's plan was a good one, he just needed to go through with it. The first drop of the idiot ball happened when he didn't order the disconnect of the stones the instant he saw Telford come through. The second drop was when he didn't vent the atmosphere by the time the gate closed.

Comment

Hide behind the Gate as it's dialing, vent the room, kill the stragglers and then save Rush and Kiva.

Bam.

Comment

I would have filled the gateroom with all the military personnel rather than keeping them outside. I get that Young intended to vent he atmosphere, but it seems like it would have been fair for him (even though he doesn't have our outside knowledge) to guess that Rush might come through with them.

Fill the gateroom with soldiers and you've got an unassailable advantage. There's always the worry that a weapon will be sent through the gate first, but as soon as the first LA person walks through, that's the signal to send in the good guys and force them to surrender one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by brian_177 View Post
                      I would have filled the gateroom with all the military personnel rather than keeping them outside. I get that Young intended to vent he atmosphere, but it seems like it would have been fair for him (even though he doesn't have our outside knowledge) to guess that Rush might come through with them.

Fill the gateroom with soldiers and you've got an unassailable advantage. There's always the worry that a weapon will be sent through the gate first, but as soon as the first LA person walks through, that's the signal to send in the good guys and force them to surrender one by one.
                      a firefight in a closed room....*shudder*
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

No firefight. They can't come through the gate all at once. We watched SG-1 use this exact tactic for 10 seasons, although they did have an iris. Still, we watched them come through flying through the air just like when the good guys first arrived--it would have been a cakewalk.

Comment

There are at least 2 threads about this
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

From my Googling, highly trained athletes in peak physical condition could survive up to 2 minutes in hard vacuum. But, they would only be conscious for the first 15 or so seconds. So in my opinion, it would have been a simply great idea to have the room waiting at vacuum, or close to it. Assuming a certain level of fitness, you have at least a minute to rescue any soldier who comes through.

Setting up an airlock in an adjacent corridor would have been a great idea too. They would have wanted to take prisoners, but they could not take too many. Assuming you could never trust the prisoners taken, and they could never be trusted to integrate with the crew, they are just liabilities that strain your limited resources while they do no useful work.

Comment

pray to BAG he will come and save the day
                              sigpic

Comment

vent the room kill everyone. nearest gate drop the bodies off. back to normal life.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X