Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Play Stratedgy, How would you of defended destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are way too violent. Fill the room with sleep gas before the gate opens. The LA folks come through, and before they've recovered from being thrown across the by the gate, they're asleep. Tie everyone up and take their weapons. Then drop them off at the next habitable planet, after you've gotten as much information as you can from them.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
      You guys are way too violent. Fill the room with sleep gas before the gate opens. The LA folks come through, and before they've recovered from being thrown across the by the gate, they're asleep. Tie everyone up and take their weapons. Then drop them off at the next habitable planet, after you've gotten as much information as you can from them.
      no one on destiny has sleeping gas. and violence is ok when defending your home.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
        Do they have sleeping gas on Destiny? Probably not.

Perfecto!

Comment

The ultimate defence would have been what Anubis used to keep them in the gates buffer and deposit them somewhere else.

Comment

It all depends how long you have.

Immediately, upon hearing that the LA had an Icarus, I would have ordered the gate room into hard vacuum, and it would stay that way till further notice. If the attack did not follow within a few hours, I would start thinking of building an iris device for my gate, or even a force field like Atlantis, but that would probably takes weeks to get properly done.

Within a few hours I would expect the first of the homemade bombs and booby traps to be built and in position. I would weld the doors to the gate room shut, leaving only one access point, probably a second floor door, then you could use that balcony to pour bullets down in an ambush. I would cut away those stairs to the second floor in the gate room. With more than a few hours, you start building fortifications; empty crates, scrap metal, whatever you can find. Definitely step up cataloging the crates on the ship, you might find something to help. Maybe figure out how to play with the gravity in the gate room, cycle from -1 to +1 type of thing; or make the back wall the new floor (like that one cell O'Niel was in that one episode, were Jackson was trying to help him ascend). If you have days or even weeks to plan and execute, successful attack by the LA becomes less and less likely. Maybe cut a few murder holes in a few key locations, some overlapping fields of fire.

Ultimately, the gate is disconnected, and laid flat on the floor with something like cover stones to prevent a wormhole from even being established. Install a hydraulic lift system so that you can use it whenever you want, but it goes back to the safe position whenever you are not expecting gate activity.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
              It all depends how long you have.

Immediately, upon hearing that the LA had an Icarus, I would have ordered the gate room into hard vacuum, and it would stay that way till further notice. If the attack did not follow within a few hours, I would start thinking of building an iris device for my gate, or even a force field like Atlantis, but that would probably takes weeks to get properly done.

Within a few hours I would expect the first of the homemade bombs and booby traps to be built and in position. I would weld the doors to the gate room shut, leaving only one access point, probably a second floor door, then you could use that balcony to pour bullets down in an ambush. I would cut away those stairs to the second floor in the gate room. With more than a few hours, you start building fortifications; empty crates, scrap metal, whatever you can find. Definitely step up cataloging the crates on the ship, you might find something to help. Maybe figure out how to play with the gravity in the gate room, cycle from -1 to +1 type of thing; or make the back wall the new floor (like that one cell O'Niel was in that one episode, were Jackson was trying to help him ascend). If you have days or even weeks to plan and execute, successful attack by the LA becomes less and less likely. Maybe cut a few murder holes in a few key locations, some overlapping fields of fire.

Ultimately, the gate is disconnected, and laid flat on the floor with something like cover stones to prevent a wormhole from even being established. Install a hydraulic lift system so that you can use it whenever you want, but it goes back to the safe position whenever you are not expecting gate activity.
              Good advice, also works well in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Let me know where your fortified structure will be, I have some good ideas for zombie-proof entry systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                Good advice, also works well in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Let me know where your fortified structure will be, I have some good ideas for zombie-proof entry systems.
                The hallways, ideally, you would want a situation where they would have to squeeze through one at a time, and five guys would be waiting for them (think of an hourglass, or a funnel). You want to be able to herd them, so they can only go where you want them to go, preferably when you want them to go there. That way, they probably surrender without much of a fight, once they see how prepared you are.

Putting surrounding hallways in vacuum is also a good idea. Then you don't have to depend on only one doorway stopping them, or being outflanked easily. Ambushes at T junctions, stuff like that.

Comment

Vent the atmosphere until they are all coughing and passing out. Release the air back in and pull Rush out. Secure the prisoners. Drop them off at the next planet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                    The hallways, ideally, you would want a situation where they would have to squeeze through one at a time, and five guys would be waiting for them (think of an hourglass, or a funnel). You want to be able to herd them, so they can only go where you want them to go, preferably when you want them to go there. That way, they probably surrender without much of a fight, once they see how prepared you are.

Putting surrounding hallways in vacuum is also a good idea. Then you don't have to depend on only one doorway stopping them, or being outflanked easily. Ambushes at T junctions, stuff like that.
                    I meant when the zombie apocalypse come, not on destiny

Comment

Either have the atmosphere vented before arrival, OR have a defense team in the Gateroom to shoot them as they fly out of the gate.

But then they wouldn't have a plot for a two part cliffhanger. The only way to have a story is to have Young screw up, so I think we have to give him a pass.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong/using retconned information(I watched the series out of order - sga, then the original movie, then sg1, then the other 2 movies, now sgu), but I thought the purpose of the iris in sg1 and sga was to allow people they like to dial in while being able to selectively "lock the door" if someone they didn't like tried to dial in. However, on destiny they don't want people to dial in at all. There's no good reason someone might be dialing in, and if there is they'd know about it beforehand(ie, a team would go offworld). So, why can't they block the stargate up with something(like burying it), to prevent the wormhole from forming? Just stick something(like one of those military supply crates) through the stargate, and iirc as long as it crosses the event horizon the wormhole can't form.

I can't believe there would be such a gaping hole of fridge logic on a stargate series. Someone please tell me where my thought process has gone wrong.

Comment

Of course if they were feeling really sadistic they could just string a few bits of cheesewire from one side of the gate to the other and get the mops ready.

But on a more serious note I agree with the poster above. They knew it was coming. Why not just 'bury' the gate as best they could.

Comment

I would have positioned soldiers behind and to the side of the gate, and also behind the gate on the balcony above. Each time LA members came through, mow 'em down. Done

Comment

I think this is another situation where for some reason the Young knows an attack is going to happen sooner rather than later for no apparent reason. It happened when they were most recently attacked by the Blue Aliens (where he knew an attack was coming very soon, rather than several days away) and it happened now with this. Even with Telford coming out of the brainwash mode, he still has no idea that Rush has been actively helping the LA make their preparations. For all Telford knows, when he says "You're all in Danger. They're coming," he's just making a blanket statement of general danger.

Young was given no evidence that the LA were coming soon, and yet he makes his preparations as if he has no time at all. It turns out to be true, but one wonders why (as a previous poster suggested) there weren't a few side projects going on, like booby trapping hallways or welding shut doors.

Comment

1.) Dig a moat.

2.) Have Wray demand hall passes from any member of the LA who leaves the gateroom.

regards,
                                G.
                                Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                                X