Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did Scott Ever Pass Military Training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    If Young was pulled up on committing an illegal act then Greer, blindly following, would have been for the high jump as well. Scott was right to question Young but the whole thing could have been avoided had Young said what he intended.
    Yeah but then we wouldn't have gotten that crazy cliff hanger and two weeks of raging debate on whether or not torture is okay.

Perfecto!

Comment

Since when a superior officers has to explain their decisions to those under their command?

Never, thats when. Doesnt matter if you agree our not, you obey your orders. If not, 2 weeks in the brig for insubordination or resign and be a civilian.

How Scott became an officer is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
        Since when a superior officers has to explain their decisions to those under their command?

Never, thats when. Doesnt matter if you agree our not, you obey your orders. If not, 2 weeks in the brig for insubordination or resign and be a civilian.

I gotta agree with the others. If Scott thought Young was taking illegal action it was his duty to try and stop him. Clearly Scott thought Young was either torturing or killing Telford, either action would have been illegal. On the other hand I do agree that Young shouldn't have to stop and explain all of his actions to his underlings, but Young hasn't done a great job of building trust with them to the point where they can believe beyond doubt that Young is doing the right thing.

Perfecto!

Comment

Scotts beginning to piss me off big time. Not quite as much as that Wray but he is on his way.

Comment

I think Young is upset with Scott because he won't take a stand. Either shut up and follow Youngs orders no questions asked. Or stand up to Young and either relieve him or arrest him. But don't whine to him once it's over.
            sigpic
            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              If Scott thought Young was taking illegal action it was his duty to try and stop him.
              True, another proof Scott is a bad officer. There are regulations in place to give him the authority to relieve Young of his post. But being the officer with no spine that he is, he chickens out and let it go. Which is a good thing cause he clearly doesnt have a clue what it takes to be an officer in the first place.

Comment

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sometimes reading forums can just be mind numbingly frustrating. You people simply are not listening. How quaint it is to sit in an armchair judging having ZERO experience with the subject at hand. The Mighty 6 platoon, who I believe has served (in Afghanistan no less?) has explained everything you need to know, end of subject.

So, I will scream it as loud as I can; It is the DUTY for an officer to question illegal and immoral orders! Got that? It is their job, it is what officers HAVE BEEN trained to do. Anyone remember that little scuffle oh about 60 years ago, otherwise known as WWII? Anyone remember that little line of defense "I was just following orders" was kind of thrown out? Most countries, including every NATO country is a signatory to numerous international conventions and treaties that govern the "rules" or laws of nations.

It should also be pointed out that no soldier can, or has to my knowledge, been brought up on charges for disobeying illegal or immoral orders. In fact commendations have been awarded to soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq who did exactly that, they stepped up and prevented criminal behavior on the part of senior officers.

Comment

Like the what was done in Abu Graib prison, eh? If an illegal act is being comitted, it is the duty of an officer to question and put a stop to the act. If you are ordered by a superior officer to rape a woman, would you do it?

I think the military portrayed in the series shows how deeply flawed the entire command is. Some interest stuff in the series.

Comment

he didnt had an military training he found his dog tag in his cornflakes
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      Err, it's Scott's job to question his superior if he thinks he's about to commit illegal actions. It's his duty to stop him. Please actually know something about the military before jumping to conclusions.
                      Yeah, know something about the military. Like if you think your superior is giving an illegal order, you relieve him of command. You don't put on a training bra and whine like a 12 year old girl, while actually taking no action. Take your own advice.

Comment

It is pretty clear that Young is not fit for command, and neither is Scott. Who does that leave, James as the ranking officer? Young failed to defend the ship in any effective way; not because he lacked the means, but because he lacked the intelligence and or resolve. Scott has not yet relieved him, despite abundant evidence that Young will get them all killed eventually. Greer should have been dishonorably discharged years ago for his rage and discipline problems. It seems like the more time they put into developing a character, the less sense that character makes.

It appears that roid rager who offed himself early was actually thinking the most clearly of any of the military personnel aboard.

Comment

And how in the heck did the LA manage to engineer Destiny lock breaking devices that worked perfectly, without access to any Destiny locks for testing? They just somehow managed to do it using the verbal description of one guy who had been on the ship via the stones a couple of times? The more I analyze this episode, the less sense it makes. It is clearly the weakest episode so far.

It seems pretty clear that next episode, they are going to have to reveal that the Lucian Alliance has access to Destiny information that did not come from Telford, or anyone else on board. They are about to tell us that the Lucian Alliance has discovered something somewhere, that is not in the Atlantis database, or the Asgard core, or anything else that the earthlings have ever found.

PS. If freaking Anubis is back, that will be a season one shark jumping record.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                            Yeah, know something about the military. Like if you think your superior is giving an illegal order, you relieve him of command. You don't put on a training bra and whine like a 12 year old girl, while actually taking no action. Take your own advice.
                            Scott did try, but Greer stopped him.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                              And Scott should have put Greer in his place. If Scott really wanted to stop Young he would have ordered Greer to help him relieve or arrest Young. If Greer refused his radios James or TJ and gets them to bring a squad of marines to arrest them both. Scott is the second highest ranking officer on Destiny, he needs to start acting like it.
                              sigpic
                              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                                No he did not try, he did nothing. There would be a formal process, something laid out in the USAF operations manual. Scott would say something like "under the authority of regulation X subsection Y, as the ranking junior officer, I hereby relieve you of command for incompetence/illegal activity/whatever reason". THAT is relieving someone of command. Anything that is not that, is not relieving someone of command, it is inaction at best.

If there is not such a regulation, say the USAF does not allow the removal of a superior officer, then the proper course of action, if you really believe an order to be illegal, is to draw your weapon, and demand that your superior desist. And if your superior did not desist, would it not become your duty to either execute him on the spot, or take him into custody?

Comment

Working...
                                X