TJ's Decision and what I think of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daro View Post
    I'm slightly sickened at everyone who wants TJ's baby to be miscarried. Honestly, I'd be pissed if that happened. It would be just too much of a soap opera thing to do - like BSG or something.
    No, BSG actually HAD babies. More than one. So it'd be totally un-BSG-like.
    I really hope they have her miscarry. It'd be far better than killing one of the main characters.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      No, BSG actually HAD babies. More than one. So it'd be totally un-BSG-like.
      I really hope they have her miscarry. It'd be far better than killing one of the main characters.
      I don't really want to go on an off-topic debate, but I will say that
      Spoiler:
      Yes, there was a miscarriage. Caprica six lost her baby, the one she had with Saul. And besides that, Sharron nearly lost hers about every other episode.

Who says they have to kill one of the main characters instead? I am sure they will, at some point, kill off a character or two. Let's hope it isn't any of the core characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
        I don't really want to go on an off-topic debate, but I will say that
        Spoiler:
        Yes, there was a miscarriage. Caprica six lost her baby, the one she had with Saul. And besides that, Sharron nearly lost hers about every other episode.

Who says they have to kill one of the main characters instead? I am sure they will, at some point, kill off a character or two. Let's hope it isn't any of the core characters.
        That miscarriage came late into the show, after Adam and Eve were born and all that crap.

And they have to kill someone. It's...TENSION! No, but seriously, they have to kill someone off. For a show predicating to be darker and more serious, it's annoying how, at the end of pretty much each episode, we're back to the status quo. Sure, there are things that impact the overall story, but there's very little that has actually had a huge impact so far. Hell, the people lost along the way were inconsequential. Killing an established character is always more significant.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Spoiler:
          Again, it's not like they can't fake it. For example, let's just say that in Episode 20 this season: the character gets shot right in the stomach. The filming ends. We come back to season 2, Alaina's given birth already, so TJ's back to non-pregnant.
          Now I get it, I just wasn't sure what you meant.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

I think she's better off on board the destiny, than in an alien planet full of unknown dangers, and I think the baby's father has a right to know, that he's going to be a father, n I'm not sure I could be really wrong but I'm assuming Young is the father of T.J's unborn child!!!!
            sigpic
            siggy made by RogueRanger
            http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
            killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
              I could be really wrong but I'm assuming Young is the father of T.J's unborn child!!!!
              You think? That'd be a shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Eh, it didn't bother me, she is thinking of not just herself but her unborn child. Which is likely to be important to her.
                Especially in the short term. A mother's desire to protect child is going to be very strong, even if it leads to less than the most logical decisions.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I didn't really get the whole Caprica Six/baby thing, it just seemed like a way to keep her occupied until the finale.

With TJ, despite them being pretty much forced into this storyline...

Spoiler:
                  I can see it being much more powerful if she does miscarry, and have a far greater effect on people.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I didn't really get the whole Caprica Six/baby thing, it just seemed like a way to keep her occupied until the finale.
                    That's because that's what they were doing with every character from mid-season 3 onward.

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
                      I think she's better off on board the destiny, than in an alien planet full of unknown dangers, and I think the baby's father has a right to know, that he's going to be a father, n I'm not sure I could be really wrong but I'm assuming Young is the father of T.J's unborn child!!!!
                      Agreed.

As much as I like TJ, it's Young's child as well and he certainly has a right to know and a right to help decide for its welfare.

I thought TJ was being a bit irrational by wanting to stay. Imo, staying on that planet would be worse than staying on Destiny. They are both a gamble to survival, but only the Destiny provides the hope of returning home. I think she liked the thought of staying on the planet, but when Young showed up, thankfully reality kicked in.

As to all the spoiler talk.....
                      Spoiler:

I've generally avoided seeking out spoilers, but obviously if one reads this board, you are bound to pick them up. I knew AH's pregnancy was going to play into the show eventually so I knew that was what TJ's problem was a soon she started looking sick in this ep, but I agree with those that think the miscarriage no matter how it happens (though by gunshot certainly brings the drama) is actually better for the show than having an actual child on the show. I see that it's not a certainty but I bet that's where they go. Yeah that will certainly be sad, but I'm all for it. I don't need happy, shinny Stargate. I'd rather have that particular drama and how it will affect the characters involved, than the drama of a baby on the show.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Is it me or did she seem afraid of confronting Young at all? Maybe that's why she wanted to stay behind.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          Is it me or did she seem afraid of confronting Young at all? Maybe that's why she wanted to stay behind.
                          oh by the way i'm pregnant with your child and i've known for almost 15 weeks now
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            oh by the way i'm pregnant with your child and i've known for almost 15 weeks now
                            Well, given that a lot of pregnancies don't last past the first trimester, and she was in pretty extreme situations, she may have wanted to wait. Doctors always tell you not to tell people before 12 weeks - obviously, you would generally tell the father, but here they aren't together, he is trying to get back with his wife, and she doesn't know what his reaction would be. If there is a chance of an early miscarriage, you might as well wait.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I'm quite curious to see what Young does when he finds out. He's obviously having a very difficult time with his wife. He'd told her everything was over. It's interesting that TJ told Chole that she got pregnant right before they left. Wouldn't that imply Telford was right when he told Young's wife Young was still sleeping with TJ?
                              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                Possibly, but I didn't get that impression.

Yeah, telling him is not going to be the easiest thing, but I hope that's not why she considered staying behind. I can understand her waiting as long as possible to tell him, but for her to make this huge decision to jump ship and decide for the both of them was irresponsible and wrong if she had actually gone through with it, imo. Though I think Scott would have (and should have) said something if it had come to that.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X