No announcement yet.

TJ's Decision and what I think of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will never happen becouse i can bet you anything that the child will become some sort of psychic prodigy plot device from season 3 onward....( *cough* SGA *cough*)

Comment

I can see her wanting to stay- the she's clearly overwhelmed at this point. The "job" means nothing to her right now, it's HER baby she needs to protect now.

I think she will either lose the baby or it will get taken-I'm such a fatalist.
      SGU fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        This whole thing would just make it even better if she
        Spoiler:
        indeed miscarried.
        That would make me like Faith.
        Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Spoiler:
        I say wait a few episodes. It'll make Faith kinda hard to rewatch - I anticipate cringing if the miscarriage occurs.
        Spoiler:
        Um that will be kind of hard to pull of since the actress...um....had buns in the oven when they were filming the second half of the episode....
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Spoiler:
          Um that will be kind of hard to pull of since the actress...um....had buns in the oven when they were filming the second half of the episode....
          Spoiler:
          Huh? While RedDevil meant that she should've miscarried in Faith, I've thinking it will happen later. It's not like it's hard to fake a miscarriage. That's why I think it'll happen later - Alaina's long since given birth, so maybe she'll go all miscarriage-y at the start of Season 2/end of season 1. For example, TJ loses the baby at the end of this season (Alaina being pregnant at the time of filming) and then when we get back, neither character nor actress are pregnant.

Ipso facto, easy fake miscarriage.

That is, you know, if it happens. I personally am putting big money behind it, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
            I can see her wanting to stay- the she's clearly overwhelmed at this point. The "job" means nothing to her right now, it's HER baby she needs to protect now.

I think she will either lose the baby or it will get taken-I'm such a fatalist.
            Spoiler:
            By the blue aliens for unknown purposes perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Spoiler:
              Huh? While RedDevil meant that she should've miscarried in Faith, I've thinking it will happen later. It's not like it's hard to fake a miscarriage. That's why I think it'll happen later - Alaina's long since given birth, so maybe she'll go all miscarriage-y at the start of Season 2/end of season 1. For example, TJ loses the baby at the end of this season (Alaina being pregnant at the time of filming) and then when we get back, neither character nor actress are pregnant.

Ipso facto, easy fake miscarriage.

That is, you know, if it happens. I personally am putting big money behind it, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.
              Spoiler:
              Didn't they finish filming before she gave birth?
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

I think...

Spoiler:
                TJ will get shot or something during the finale I don't think it will be a natural miscarriage, but I do think it will happen somehow, and that is what Brian and the others found so shocking and sad about the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Didn't they finish filming before she gave birth?
                  Spoiler:
                  Again, it's not like they can't fake it. For example, let's just say that in Episode 20 this season: the character gets shot right in the stomach. The filming ends. We come back to season 2, Alaina's given birth already, so TJ's back to non-pregnant.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    I think...

Spoiler:
                    TJ will get shot or something during the finale I don't think it will be a natural miscarriage, but I do think it will happen somehow, and that is what Brian and the others found so shocking and sad about the finale.
                    Spoiler:
                    It could happen during the scuffle when the LA arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      I think...

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      Wait, all the miscarriage talk is based on "shocking" and "sad" with no actual spoilers ? It doesn't have to go down this route, they could show her raising her baby in S2, struggling to properly care for him/her with limited resources while still fulfilling her military duties and being the only doctor on the ship. I imagine at least an episode dedicated to her giving birth while being stuck somewhere with on one person to help her (the one the writers think deserves more character development), and the aftermath of Young trying (awkwardly) to be a father and make peace with TJ. It *screams* SGU. I don't think the writers would pass up all this potential drama just for a sad single "miscarriage" episode. I certainly hope not.

Note: just because she already gave birth IRL doesn't mean that they immediately have to put it into the show, remember it's much easier to fake a pregnancy on tv than to hide a real one.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Wait, all the miscarriage talk is based on "shocking" and "sad" with no actual spoilers ? It doesn't have to go down this route, they could show her raising her baby in S2, struggling to properly care for him/her with limited resources while still fulfilling her military duties and being the only doctor on the ship. I imagine at least an episode dedicated to her giving birth while being stuck somewhere with on one person to help her (the one the writers think deserves more character development), and the aftermath of Young trying (awkwardly) to be a father and make peace with TJ. It *screams* SGU. I don't think the writers would pass up all this potential drama just for a sad single "miscarriage" episode. I certainly hope not.

Note: just because she already gave birth IRL doesn't mean that they immediately have to put it into the show, remember it's much easier to fake a pregnancy on tv than to hide a real one.
                        Spoiler:
                        Well I'd guess that Alaina's pregnancy was a surprise, so they wrote the storyline to accommodate her for the back half of the season. I doubt that the writers of SG1 and SGA want to do another baby storyline, so why not do the dark and gritty thing and kill the little thing. It'd do wonders for the character development. Instant Drama Just Add Miscarriage.

My only "proof" is a whiteboard picture posted by Joe Mallozzi about the season finale having the "death of T.C.". Combine that with what I noted above, Brian J. Smith's comments, and that T.C. starts to look like "Tamara's Child"

And I'd wager that it'd be less of a miscarriage episode then a gunshot abortion in the season finale.

Comment

That she soo quickly walked over to Young when ordered to told me she was just scared and being hormonal. She dosent know her place with him and this kid, but when forced to make a decision she walked right to him. Thats good stuff!

Comment

Whle i do understand that women pregnant are not rational thinkers, i do feel that she made the wrong decision as a mil officer.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              i do feel that she made the wrong decision as a mil officer.
                              Yeah...Back when she repeatedly slept with Young.

Comment

I'm slightly sickened at everyone who wants TJ's baby to be miscarried. Honestly, I'd be pissed if that happened. It would be just too much of a soap opera thing to do - like BSG or something.

However, I am kinda dreading the whole baby storyline, as I'm sure the writers will toy with us and so put TJ through at least one, and probably more, situations where the baby is in danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X