TJ's Decision and what I think of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
    No, i cant blame her, i would do the same for my child...however all alone on an alien planet, how would she survive?
    Well, she wouldn't be all alone. There were almost a dozen people. I think Scott said 11. He, TJ and Chloe came back in the end, so that still leaves 8 that stayed behind. Though that might not be accurate, since they didn't exactly spell it out who stayed, aside from Caine.

Comment

This whole thing would just make it even better if she
      Spoiler:
      indeed miscarried.
      That would make me like Faith.

Comment

Daro,

Originally posted by Daro View Post
        It may be selfish in a sense for her to want to stay, but that kind of selfishness is programmed into us for a reason. A mother's first priority is to seek out a safe place to have and raise her child. TJ believed the best place to do that was the planet, because at least there she can get the proper food needed for the baby to be born healthy and to have a chance at growing up. Honestly, whether or not the baby would come to term if the planet had not provided her with the nutrition she needed is debatable. Hopefully there are enough food stores now to let her continue to get the essentials while she's pregnant.
        I agree with you. I don't call prioritizing your children selfishness. The ship is a lifeline to Earth but a tenuous one at best. Caine's overweening faith was a tad much. I would have wanted to stay but I doubt I would have. In TJ's circumstance I can certianly understand her desire. The planet, by itself could give her the necessary materials to survive. I doubt that's the last we've heard of those who chose to stay.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
          Daro,

I agree with you. I don't call prioritizing your children selfishness. The ship is a lifeline to Earth but a tenuous one at best. Caine's overweening faith was a tad much. I would have wanted to stay but I doubt I would have. In TJ's circumstance I can certianly understand her desire. The planet, by itself could give her the necessary materials to survive. I doubt that's the last we've heard of those who chose to stay.
          The show will probably expand on what the Obelisk is, why did it signal and what race made it? Maybe it will find some way for those that stayed to contact Destiny?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Spoiler:
            indeed miscarried.
            Spoiler:
            I say wait a few episodes. It'll make Faith kinda hard to rewatch - I anticipate cringing if the miscarriage occurs.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It would have been completely idiotic if she had stayed on the planet. Firstly, she is the closest one to being a medical pro, but I very much doubt that she or any of the other people willing to stay, would have been able to deliver her own baby! She gets points for bad parenting even before the baby is born! That has to be some kind of official record somewhere.

But than, does pregnancy with only 15 weeks in actually make women stupid? I'd liked to see anyone try and give a good answer.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Spoiler:
                I say wait a few episodes. It'll make Faith kinda hard to rewatch - I anticipate cringing if the miscarriage occurs.
                I already find Faith hard to rewatch.

Comment

I already find Faith hard to rewatch.
                  Saw that coming. Oh my gods.

I'm psychic.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Saw that coming. Oh my gods.

I'm psychic.
                    Yes. ESPN.

Comment

Yes. ESPN.
                      I lol'd.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                        I lol'd.
                        Then you are easily amused.

Comment

Then you are easily amused.
                          When I don't have much else going for me in life, I have to take anything I can get, even if it was a really awful joke on a second viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            When I don't have much else going for me in life, I have to take anything I can get, even if it was a really awful joke on a second viewing.
                            Hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                              It may be selfish in a sense for her to want to stay, but that kind of selfishness is programmed into us for a reason. A mother's first priority is to seek out a safe place to have and raise her child. TJ believed the best place to do that was the planet, because at least there she can get the proper food needed for the baby to be born healthy and to have a chance at growing up. Honestly, whether or not the baby would come to term if the planet had not provided her with the nutrition she needed is debatable. Hopefully there are enough food stores now to let her continue to get the essentials while she's pregnant.
                              The planet could also have made her sick with bacteria, viruses, animal bite venom, etc. that she has <i>absolutely</i> no idea how to cure. What would become of the child then? It's the smarter choice to stay on the ship. The people who chose to stay behind chose to do so because they found a beautiful planet. I'm sure they had their minds made up before they went down to the surface. They were just looking for an excuse to give up and stay somewhere nicer. The alien obelisk gave them just that excuse.

Off Topic: How was it determined who would go to the planet? $50 says that most of the people who went down will go down to the next planet they have a chance to visit. Not everyone will get a chance to see much land. Especially Eli and Rush.
                              "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                              - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Spoiler:
                                indeed miscarried.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm bracing for it, poor TJ if it's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X