Jack O'Neill's position and actions in Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    The 'We've gone through the time I've allotted for this meeting' at the end was an incredible show of insubordination. O'Neill should have hauled him into his office and had more than a word.
    I got the feeling that the timing for the meeting had to be pre-arranged because someone at the other end would disconnect so he only had a limited time for the meeting
    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      On JM's blog he said this ep would explain why Carter and McKay didn't help out with the Destiny, but that was never discussed, was it? It still appears to be some random group of scientists- albeit the "best minds on earth". I guess McKay and Carter just aren't on earth, huh?
      And honestly, would McKay consent to body swap? Ever? My thoughts were to him not wanting to, due to his experience with all kinds of tech that could go wrong: Ancient shields, time travel, alternate universes, an extra consciousness in his head...
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        And honestly, would McKay consent to body swap? Ever? My thoughts were to him not wanting to, due to his experience with all kinds of tech that could go wrong: Ancient shields, time travel, alternate universes, an extra consciousness in his head...
        Not to mention the 9th chevron. That's already gone wrong in a big way.

Comment

Remember, O'neill is now where Hammond used to be, juggle the needs of his people with the needs of his world. So he can't stick it to the man as much as he used to. Of course O'neill's not going to have the same willingness to disregard orders or proceedure as he used to, he can't thanks to his position.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            The 'We've gone through the time I've allotted for this meeting' at the end was an incredible show of insubordination. O'Neill should have hauled him into his office and had more than a word.
            I think they were fooling O'Neill as much as anyone else at the beginning of the episode. When the plan failed and Telford cut and run, I think O'Neill realised that Young really was the best man for this job. He allowed his insubordination to slide because he saw a bit of himself in Young.

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
            I got the feeling that the timing for the meeting had to be pre-arranged because someone at the other end would disconnect so he only had a limited time for the meeting
            Don't think so. He can just disconnect the stones at the Earth end to go back. I think it was just his way of cementing his control over the situation. He is the commander of Destiny, and they better play nice or else...

Comment

I wonder what happened to our wisecracking Jack of SG-1. This Jack is much too serious. I don't like this change of personality at all.

Comment

Originally posted by syfygal47 View Post
                I wonder what happened to our wisecracking Jack of SG-1. This Jack is much too serious. I don't like this change of personality at all.
                It's the show. It would be out of place for him to be joking around like he did on SG-1- I think that's why his line about the spaceship (at the start of Air) seemed weird to me. That said, I think a little more sarcasm would be good. Sarcasm isn't always a joke- but it's always Jack.

Comment

O'Neill hasn't changed too much. But I suspect with age and his desk job he has softened a bit.

Once you become a "manager"/colonel, you would have a different outlook on things than when you were on the ground running.

It's natural for Jack to change his outlook somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    the next time we see rick is at the end of the season
                    OH NO,,,,devastated
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

only "wisecrack" if you wanna call it that was the "surprise" at the beginning.

I miss Jack! Why do they screw around with a proven fan draw!

You can't deny that Jack O'Neill had/has a huge fan base!
                      General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
                        Don't get me wrong I prefer General O'Neill to General Landry, but why is Jack suddenly back in charge of the SGC? Earth, Jack O'Neill Quote: "Colonel, my office"
                        he's in charge of homeworld security since season 9 of sg1
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i think the line "surprise" was def classic oneill
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                            Jack oniel sucksssssssssssssssssssss in sgu
                            sigpic

Comment

i agree, i think O'Neill has changed, part of it is most likely because his job is alot more stressful than in sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by aream2000 View Post
                                i agree, i think O'Neill has changed, part of it is most likely because his job is alot more stressful than in sg-1
                                He said he was doing "quite good" in Continuum, though.
                                I think the most stressful job was when he was in charge of the SGC. He doesn't have to do things like he did in End Game and Zero Hour anymore. That job has to be the worst one of all, it's amazing Hammond lasted as long as he did in that position.

Comment

Working...
                                X