No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill's position and actions in Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks too doughy. Time for him to go on a crash diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post

Ontopic though I like how we saw O'Niell in this ep, it really follows up on "I'm used to sticking it to the man, not being the man". I think he empathises with Young

It'd be nice character continuation if that is the case.

I think you're right, though. He probably does empathize with Young, but that doesn't mean he should take public insubordination without at least dressing down Young a bit.

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
      He looks too doughy. Time for him to go on a crash diet.
      RDA looks like he's lost a considerable amount of weight since SGU was filmed. There were photos taken a few weeks ago at a Sea Shepherd event and he looks quite good.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Ya here he is:

But I remember him looking better:

Comment

Post the rest of those photos from that event, please. Because he's wearing all white and the tummy is considerably smaller. People loose weight in different places.

Anyway, I was glad to see Jack in SGU and am sad we won't see him again for a long time.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Here you go. Ya, face is always the last to go.

Comment

Jack was right. The military is not a democracy.

Young was being a douche.
              "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                The 'We've gone through the time I've allotted for this meeting' at the end was an incredible show of insubordination. O'Neill should have hauled him into his office and had more than a word.
                You know, I get the feeling O'Neill was cool with it - simply because he wanted Young in command and not Telford. When Young stood up for himself and grew a pair while Telford ran away, O'Neill let it slide.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                  What happend to Jack? When did he lose his backbone??
                  OMG, I was thinking the same thing, I was so angry that they have changed his personality!!!!!

I AM FURIOUS AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I ADORE RDA (and it's the only reason I watched through the whole episode last night), if I were him I'd tell them to shove their show into a black hole!!!!! It's like their trying to kill the love fans have for the Jack O'Neill character.

I'm extremely disappointed!!!!!
                  General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Slap in the face! Slap in the face! Slap in the face!

Kidding i liked it and i suspect Oneill set Young up to grow a pair based on their conversation at the beginning. Hes molding Young into a better leader, and that means standing uo for yourselves. Particularly when ur a bazillion LY away and Young could permantly cement his greater authority over hear by smashing the box the stones go on.

Really other than loosing the odd way to shag his wife Young dosent have much to loose, and alot to gain by cutting themselves off. Earth looses access to knowledge about the ENTIRE UNIVERSE gathered over millions of yrs by the seeder ships.

Young should have Earth by the nads.

Comment

O'Neill is not going to be on the show for a long time????

I hope not
                      General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

O'Neill was ok.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

C'mon its just the "burden" of command has manifested itself as well as the automatic "spine removal" operation that you get when posted to the Pentagon eg Major Davis LOL
                          sigpic
                          Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Don't get me wrong I prefer General O'Neill to General Landry, but why is Jack suddenly back in charge of the SGC? Earth, Jack O'Neill Quote: "Colonel, my office"
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe it just becomes his office when he shows up? Or maybe Landry gave him his own office. Or something.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
                                Don't get me wrong I prefer General O'Neill to General Landry, but why is Jack suddenly back in charge of the SGC? Earth, Jack O'Neill Quote: "Colonel, my office"
                                It's not the SGC.
                                So say we all!

Comment

Working...
                                X