No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill's position and actions in Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because it not SGC, it Home world security, which one could presume he been place in charge of since Hammond passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
      Don't get me wrong I prefer General O'Neill to General Landry, but why is Jack suddenly back in charge of the SGC? Earth, Jack O'Neill Quote: "Colonel, my office"
      You couldn't tell that the Earth stuff was at the Pentagon, not the SGC? With the different sets, with the establishing shots of the Pentagon, with Homeworld Command on a sign in the hallways?
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Spoiler:
        the next time we see rick is at the end of the season

Comment

Yeah but in Air - Parts 1-3 he is stationed at the SGC in Landry's office!? But yeah I guess he could have just been borrowing it, I just think it's strange seeing as the actor Richard Dean Anderson said years back he was planning to retire!?!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
            Yeah but in Air - Parts 1-3 he is stationed at the SGC in Landry's office!?
            That's still Homeworld Command...
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

O yeah, just checked, so it is my bad
              sigpic

Comment

I'm so sad that Jack's become a paper-pusher

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  I'm so sad that Jack's become a paper-pusher
                  And thrown quite a few of his principles out the window along the way, so it seems--but hey, if Carter says it will work...

Comment

carter never said it would work.

also, he still looks like he's not entirely healthy, and well, disease CAN change people.

to me, it seemed like jack wasnt entirely happy with it either. he's just in a position, that he cant just ignore all of command to do "the right thing".

loved how Young looked up to O'neill

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      carter never said it would work.
                      Then I don't understand the point of bringing her up. Anyhoo. I've not had an opportunity to re-watch the episode, but I've drawn from it the following conclusions:

1. Telford is a d-bag.
                      2. O'Neill is well on the way to being a d-bag.
                      3. Wray is untrustworthy, seeming to go along with the idea and encourage it because it could increase her standing with the IOA, an organization made up of d-bags.
                      3. Chloe is evil.
                      4. Rush is still untrustworthy.

Re: Rush, did he allow the experiment to fail on its own or did he set it up to fail? Was the (controlled?) overload part of his plan or was it spontaneous?

Comment

Well, I was concerned that making Jack seem like a "bad guy" would actually work the opposite way: many fans of SG-1 would still think that whatever he says is gospel, no matter what it is and thus direct their dislike towards Young et al for disagreeing with O'Neill. Thank god it doesn't look like that's happening... Yet.

You could definitely tell that Jack was uncomfortable with the whole thing, and that he seems to like Young more than he does Telford. This plan was approved and Jack was told to make it happen by the President, though. He can't exactly just shrug that off.

Also, Jack bringing up Carter was due to Young saying he didn't understand a lot of the plan. Jack was trying to relate about how many times Carter explained a complex plan, in vain, to O'Neill during their tenure together on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Kira View Post
                          Jack was right. The military is not a democracy.

Young was being a douche.
                          And that is the problem. The motivations of the military was questionable at best. IOA is screwing around with the lives of the crew.

I'm really hoping Chloe's mom goes public. That should make for some interesting drama.

Comment

Jack oniel sucksssssssssssssssssssss in sgu

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              The 'We've gone through the time I've allotted for this meeting' at the end was an incredible show of insubordination. O'Neill should have hauled him into his office and had more than a word.
                              I think Jack can sympathize with Young and understands that if they were in opposite positions, Jack would probably be doing the same. Jack was pretty insubordinate during his time as commander of SG-1.

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                              Jack oniel sucksssssssssssssssssssss in sgu
                              Wow, that's an elegant and intelligent post.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

On JM's blog he said this ep would explain why Carter and McKay didn't help out with the Destiny, but that was never discussed, was it? It still appears to be some random group of scientists- albeit the "best minds on earth". I guess McKay and Carter just aren't on earth, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X