This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
    Well next week is shaping up to be very interesting.

Atlantis felt so dead in the first season. Every episode was like, "ok, that was ok, but thats it?"

This series is like "What the hell happens next???"
    I have to disagree Atlantis was an amazing spin-off, with so much life in the beginning to the end of the series. Atlantis always had that "What the hell happens next" feeling.

SGU has that at well, but it puts more focus on the characters.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm kind of waiting for someone to bring up the obvious with regards to the sex-swap scene (sounds so weird...). I mean,
      Spoiler:
      sides for "Sabotage"
      drew such heat and a buzz, but it appears this one slips under the radar?

I wonder why?
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

After two good episodes, we got another episode where the first half is a soap opera, followed up with a good ending. But overall, decent. The show is moving along now and starting to pick up momentum.

Comment

Riley's been a good character right along, likable but not terribly developed yet. This gave him his Hero moment to cement his likable status. I just hope he survives.

Comment

Originally posted by Squires View Post
            After two good episodes, we got another episode where the first half is a soap opera, followed up with a good ending. But overall, decent. The show is moving along now and starting to pick up momentum.
            Well, it's good to know you don't think the night club scene was a soap opera
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
              I know what you mean about the club scene. I didn't mind it that much though, since it did lead to some interesting character development. And I can't imagine they'll do scenes like that too often, so I'm OK with it. For now.
              Which is why I will just overlook it. My prediction however for this ep was right on the money, that Telford was going to be the more hated one, and Rush will look good for once to the Destiny crew.

I actually liked the scene when Telford switched back and is having sex with Young's wife, it was the "How can you stab me in the back, I am your best friend" that annoyed me. lol.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam StarEagle View Post
                Oh man, that was really, really good...like I never expected them to take Stargate *there* but always wished they had...and we got Jack again!!!

(They now have NO excuse to not have Sam on sometime......but I'll be patient...for now )

But seriously, wow. Loved the scenes with Eli and Chloe sooo much...whether you ship those two or not, *cute*.

And AGAIN, how much does Rush really know??? I'll believe him about what would have happened with that plan, but still...vewy intewesting...vewwwy intewesting...
                I shall bless the union as E-Coli

He knew. And more importantly, he realizes that its not a power issue. Its the dialing sequence. Its the same issue as the pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
                  Riley lives because he's too much fun to kill.
                  I sure hope so. I like his character so far.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see Jack again, and I loved how Young asserted himself throughout this episode. I like him more and more each week.

Poor Eli, still hung up on Chloe. I hope he gets over her soon. Nothing good will come from him pining over her, when she obviously wants Scott.

What is up with Telford? I kept trying to not hate his character, but it is impossible after that ending. He really needs to be taught a lesson, by Young and Greer.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    not me

light and air 1-3 are my faves
                    They felt too slow to me

I mean, 3 episodes to restore life support
                    I know they were setting up characters during these episodes but it just felt like it dragged

And with Light, it was just them waiting to die by flying into the sun until they got into the sun and realized thats how the ship charges
                    The tension and atmosphere was ruined for me because it was pretty obvious that the ship was going to use the sun somehow to power itself and that it wasnt going to be destroyed

This episode had character exposition, answered questions like what has earth been doing this whole time, answered the theory of what would happen if you dial the gate while charging, explained more about the stones, and had interesting twists that i didnt see coming

I got the same sort of feeling I get when watching SG-1, something that i didnt get with the previous episodes
                    The next episode looks good to, although i really hope they dont do the "Message from an alternate timeline/universe" thing because sg-1 and sga have done that so many times already

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      My biggest gripe? You've got three stones. You've got two scientists. Okay, they're needed, but the colonel? No. He could be swapped around with someone else, like a friggin' REAL doctor who could examine Riley and see precisely what damage there. TJ is NOT a doctor! (Lord knows, she's said that enough) *headdesk*!!
                      Riley was injured after the swap; not before.

Besides; the colonel was swapped for the express purpose of relieving Young of command. The president _ordered_ the plan to be done; and Homeworld Security/SGC/IOA were probably concerned Young would refuse; so they relieved him of command and put in someone who would obey orders.

-frank

Comment

I think the club scene was excellent. It helped explore more into the past of Chloe. They guys talking about her father and what a great and powerful person he was and that it made her realize it would be almost impossible to live up to what he has done in his life. It also showed that a lot of her "friends" were just friendly with her to get in close with her father so they could advance their lives/career's, like the guy she was talking to who was going to get hooked up with a job in New York.

Don't know why, but I liked the music being played at the club as well.

And man there are A LOT of gun turrets on that ship. Hopefully we get to see the ship in a battle at some point during this season.

Best episode so far this season and the next looks to be just as good. The scene at the end with rush was just amazing.

Comment

Ok as I said, I had mixed feelings on this episode. I did not mind the sex thing at all, I actually got a chuckle out of a surprised Telford. This ep was a step up from "Water". So at least we are going in the right direction. lol.

I think we could of done without the club scene and the "How can you steal my boyfriend, you are my best friend" scene.

Rush truly added the finishing touch for this ep in the end by his clever thinking to get rid of Telford. I knew this ep was going to make Telford look even worse than Rush, and now I think the viewers are going to save their hate for Telford and throw Rush a bone. So good job on the writers for making Rush the infamous hero by getting rid of Telford, which everyone on the ship truly wanted him gone.

I also liked the homage to Stargate SG-1 with O'neill mentioning Carter and how her scientific ideas always saved his butt. That was a good scene. I also liked how Young mentioned how O'neill in his hayday was known for making decisions that were not always in the scope of the orders given by a superior.

Anyway, I'll give this ep a 8.5/10, not a 9/10 because Chloe's scenes really dampered this ep for me. I like Drama and character conflicts but come on now, that was too whiney for me the car and club scene. On the other hand Rush and Young have truly become the strongest characters in this series, imo.

It's good we are getting conflicts from not just people on the Destiny but from the people back on Earth. Gotta say RDA was truly O'neill to the tee here. He did everything the old O'neill would do on SG-1. So props to Martin Gero for remembering this is still Stargate and that SGU would not be here if SG-1 and SGA were not successful and there first.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hated it. More of the same boring pooh.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Ok as I said, I had mixed feelings on this episode. I did not mind the sex thing at all, I actually got a chuckle out of a surprised Telford. This ep was a step up from "Water". So at least we are going in the right direction. lol.

I think we could of done without the club scene and the "How can you steal my boyfriend, you are my best friend" scene.

Rush truly added the finishing touch for this ep in the end by his clever thinking to get rid of Telford. I knew this ep was going to make Telford look even worse than Rush, and now I think the viewers are going to save their hate for Telford and throw Rush a bone. So good job on the writers for making Rush the infamous hero by getting rid of Telford, which everyone on the ship truly wanted him gone.

I also liked the homage to Stargate SG-1 with O'neill mentioning Carter and how her scientific ideas always saved his butt. That was a good scene. I also liked how Young mentioned how O'neill in his hayday was known for making decisions that were not always in the scope of the orders given by a superior.

Anyway, I'll give this ep a 8.5/10, not a 9/10 because Chloe's scenes really dampered this ep for me. I like Drama and character conflicts but come on now, that was too whiney for me the car and club scene. On the other hand Rush and Young have truly become the strongest characters in this series, imo.

It's good we are getting conflicts from not just people on the Destiny but from the people back on Earth. Gotta say RDA was truly O'neill to the tee here. He did everything the old O'neill would do on SG-1. So props to Martin Gero for remembering this is still Stargate and that SGU would not be here if SG-1 and SGA were not successful and there first.
                              I think the club scenes are needed just to show how useless Chloe was in the past. You can't develop without a foundation. The world is filled with whinney people. Look at Linda

*runs away*
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
                                Riley lives because he's too much fun to kill.
                                To me it doesn't matter. He'll probably live, and I'm willing to bet they won't deal with TBI since that's what he has...

Comment

Working...
                                X