This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
    I mentioned it earlier but the lack of science on this show is rough. They are glossing over the actual "scifi" part of the show. They need to explain more and perhaps show more.

Things like:

-What can Rush access? We know by now that he clearly has been accessing parts of the ships logs and controls but they don't explain.

-Any solutions they have need to be explained better. Instead of what we had in this episode. We literally got: "we have an idea..(cut away from scene)...(cut back to scene)...and that is the idea". THEY COMPLETELY SKIPPED OVER THE BRIEFING!!!!!

Also they need to break the communication stones because the trips back to Earth are killing the show.
    Thank God for that. There are very few things I despise more in my sci-fi shows than technobabble, especially technobabble that is clearly just made up nonsense.

Seriously, when has the "science" (and I use that term very loosely) ever not been rough? I can't even remember the last time I watched a Stargate episode and thought to myself ,"Wow! That's some neat science right there."

The science aspect of SG has never been all that strong, in my opinion. So I really don't care or need more technobabble on the show. Besides, the solution here was not even remotely the focus of the episode. This episode was about character drama, that's the only thing that needed detail and to be explained.
    "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

"I think I wanna go over there and punch them in the face." I love drunk Chloe.

It was good episode. Much better than what I expected. So we finally found out about what happened between TJ and Young in the past. I'm not sure if I like it, though.

8.5/10
      sigpic

Comment

Horrible episode.

I dont have much to say about the episode this time.

For me Rush sabotaging the mission was very predictable. But in a good way, since its better than having his motivations and how he did it all happening off-screen.

Overall, its the first episode where I just wanted it to end in the middle of it and was looking at the clock. What happened on earth was pretty badly done and uninteresting.

I give it 3/10.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Awesome Episode. Best one so far.

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
          I laughed when I saw this scene, immediately thinking of how much fun the mods would have because of this scene. We're going to have to develop some acceptable euphemisms for sex in somebody else's body
          Test drive?

Comment

-What can Rush access? We know by now that he clearly has been accessing parts of the ships logs and controls but they don't explain.
            Because it doesn't matter to the story.

-Any solutions they have need to be explained better. Instead of what we had in this episode. We literally got: "we have an idea..(cut away from scene)...(cut back to scene)...and that is the idea". THEY COMPLETELY SKIPPED OVER THE BRIEFING!!!!!
            Again; because it doesn't matter to the story. The "plan" was the macguffin, aka the unimportant thing that is the excuse for the story, not the story. Science fiction shouldn't be about technobabble; it should be about how peoples are affected. The show is about the people; not the technology.

-frank

Comment

I was not looking forward to this epsiode, however in the end I found it really enjoyable.

There was allot of small touches that I really liked.

- Seeing the Destiny's Weapons
              - Having some of the moral implications of being in another persons body shown
              - Jack O'Neill
              - The FTL Temporary stone switching was very amusing, especially Telfords reaction after coming back from having sex with Youngs wife and Eli's "This is ridiculous" *switch* scene.
              - The Eli and Drunk Chloe double act was very amusing. Eli "I think we should take you home", Chloe "Could you take me home?"
              - Rush being even more shifty
              - Telford at the end

However I do have a few nitpicks, such as how easy it was to drain the Destiny's power, what time frame was we looking at there, less than a day?

But overall a good fun episode.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. There was a little bit of development for Eli, Chloe, and Young, but my favourite characters in this one have to be Telford and Rush.
                Telford is really not happy that he didn't get to go on the mission, and he will do anything to get himself there, including risking the lives of everyone on Destiny. I did not see his cowardice coming, and despite O'Neill seemingly giving him a free pass on this one, I think there will be repercussions for Telford further down the line.
                We all knew Rush was devious, but he really impressed me here. I figured that he had probably done something to sabotage the plan, but I wasn't expecting him to sabotage it to the extent where he would stop Telford's people from stopping it so that they would run back to Earth.

Also loved how Young stuck 2 fingers up to everyone at Homeworld Command in the closing briefing.
                "The time I have allocated for this briefing is up"
                Great!

The moral ambiguity of having sex in someone else's body isn't really a big aspect of the show for me, but the silence to this instance of it is interesting considering the massive deal that has been made of the same use of Wray's body in a future episode...

4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  telford running is likely what turned Jack more sympathetic to Young than Telford.

Jack may have many flaws, but he does not tolerate cowards
                  He seems to tolerate insubordonation and being disrespected nowadays. I really hated how he took Young's last debriefing - "this is the alloted time I had for the debriefing" - I can't imagine Jack being so disrespectful to Hammond...

Comment

Great episode, I enjoyed it more than last week. Marty G did a good job.

Things I liked:

-Eli's scenes with his mother.
                    -The IOA sticking their noses in.
                    -Young and his wife, and the growing animosity with Telford.
                    -Jack. It seems like he was better utilized here.
                    - Hunter Riley = cool.
                    -Weapons are super-cool.
                    -Another re-charge scene! And this star looked bigger than a red-dwarf, the ship just gets cooler and cooler.
                    -Telford running away.
                    -Telford (supposedly) about to masquerade as Young.
                    - The misleading scenes (Eli/Chloe's especially).
                    -'Phillip Fry'. <<Epic reference win, right there.

Things that I didn't:

Chloe

Looking forward to Time!

Comment

Liked it a lot more than Water, that's for sure.

Eli was quite funny, even if in a more subdued manner. Phillip Fry was just pure awesomeness!
                      Even though I still dislike Chloe, I enjoyed the scene in the car, mainly due to Eli.

I liked Rush being a sneaky *******, I liked the "glitch" with the stones, I can hardly wait to see the Destiny's weapons really tear into something and the recharging scene was quite cool, as it was seen from a different angle.
                      And Telford...Man, what an ass. That last scene...Gave me the creeps.
                      Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. A definite improvement over Water, though still far from Darkness&Light, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        He seems to tolerate insubordonation and being disrespected nowadays. I really hated how he took Young's last debriefing - "this is the alloted time I had for the debriefing" - I can't imagine Jack being so disrespectful to Hammond...
                        After the way his command of the Destiny was disrespected I can't blame him. I can see SGU doing what a lot of people seemed to want SGA to do- the team begin cutting ties with Earth and start doing their own thing. There's nothing Earth could do to stop them, now.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          After the way his command of the Destiny was disrespected I can't blame him. I can see SGU doing what a lot of people seemed to want SGA to do- the team begin cutting ties with Earth and start doing their own thing. There's nothing Earth could do to stop them, now.
                          Young disobeyed a direct order. He should face court-martial for that! Oh and he hooked up with TJ in the past when she was in his COC he should face court-martial for that as well.

Comment

Great episode. Rush played them like fools. TJ, Greer and Scott looked like they didn't know what to think about it either. And then he just walks away like it was nothing

I don't know what everybody's getting on Telford over that last scene for. The idea that he'll pretend to be Young crossed my mind, but I think it's far more likely he's just there to confront her about it. He didn't look too thrilled after the LRC disruption ended.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              Except that the Destiny crew are in a much worse situation than Atlantis ever was. Cutting ties with Earth would be a bad idea(as we know from "Sabotage", they WILL need help in the future). However, Young putting his foot down and demanding some respect be shown was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                                I'm kind of waiting for someone to bring up the obvious with regards to the sex-swap scene (sounds so weird...). I mean,
                                Spoiler:
                                sides for "Sabotage"
                                drew such heat and a buzz, but it appears this one slips under the radar?

I wonder why?
                                Yeah it's funny how perspective differs when you actually see something as opposed to just freaking out over something somebody told you they heard about from a site that supposedly has some information...
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X