TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    I disagree. Episodes like Earth proved that while TJ is still clinging to the personal nature of their affair, Young was trying his level best to keep it professional and stay true to his wife. Not that he doesn't want to confide in her (one look at his face proves that) but he just wouldn't open up to her.
    your right about that i think you have painted a fairly accurate picture of both the current state of their relationship and youngs character but i get the definite sense that he probably used to confide in her a lot back when they had their relationship

i draw this conclusion because when she offers him a chance to confide in her and he rebuffs her she acts dismayed/hurt as though he normally would confide in her. also there is that scene when he goes looking for her like he wants to confide but doesnt cause she is with dr caine. (i have a bad memory for episode titles sorry) but anyhow it seems like him confiding in her was the usual thing prior to the ending of their relationship. also i am asuming that the ending of their relationship was fairly recent thing to the evacuation of icarus for TJ to be pregnant, therefore that might be why TJ is still clinging to the emotional side of their affair.

IMHO the whole not confiding in TJ is probably bad for his health and what causes his occasional forays into nucking futs territory, alla that repressed emotion eventually bubbling to the surface in a violently emotional outburst that sends telford/rush/whoever quivering in fear
    Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

I think the above post is very well said.

Now that they are having a baby and Young's wife isn't around anymore maybe they'll have a more legitimate relationship? Or maybe they won't be more than friends who have a child together.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
        but the fact that he does brood about stuff and TJ is one of the people that he seems to confide in is part of what makes their relationship work :-)

unfortunately having TJ as his confidant may prove problematic as they are not in a good situation onboard destiny and this news was unexpected so its understandable for Young to have doubts and concerns about the baby but expressing these to TJ would probably cause a misunderstanding or some such. I wonder if he will find another confidant or probably just brood endlessly for the rest of the series.
        Agreed. I'm sure he has concerns about the baby but won't tell them to TJ for a variety of reasons. One he probably doesn't want her to get worried. And secondly he probably doesn't want her to misunderstand anything that he says or is thinking.
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

your right about that i think you have painted a fairly accurate picture of both the current state of their relationship and youngs character but i get the definite sense that he probably used to confide in her a lot back when they had their relationship

i draw this conclusion because when she offers him a chance to confide in her and he rebuffs her she acts dismayed/hurt as though he normally would confide in her. also there is that scene when he goes looking for her like he wants to confide but doesnt cause she is with dr caine. (i have a bad memory for episode titles sorry) but anyhow it seems like him confiding in her was the usual thing prior to the ending of their relationship. also i am asuming that the ending of their relationship was fairly recent thing to the evacuation of icarus for TJ to be pregnant, therefore that might be why TJ is still clinging to the emotional side of their affair.

IMHO the whole not confiding in TJ is probably bad for his health and what causes his occasional forays into nucking futs territory, alla that repressed emotion eventually bubbling to the surface in a violently emotional outburst that sends telford/rush/whoever quivering in fear
          I think it took her a long time to finally break it to Young that she was pregnant mostly because she probably still has feelings for him, but doesn't want to admit it. She was probably the one in the relationship who realized that they couldn't be doing what they were doing because of the fact that Young was married, and the fact that they were both military and he ranks over her. I'm betting she was transferring out as a way to not have to see him anymore and be tempted back into the relationship. She probably didn't even know that she was pregnant when she decided to transfer out.

They then get under attack at Icarus and are forced to evacuate, and unfortunately for her, it was to the Destiny. So no transferring out for her. Then the next whammy. She discovers that she is pregnant with Youngs child. Suddenly the very reason and person she was running away from Icarus for, she is now forced to run to. And was now forced to tell him that she was pregnant with his child. I can see how she probably agonized over when and how to tell him. And that she probably waited untill she couldn't keep it from him any longer before telling him, just because she feared that the feelings that she had for him would resurface.
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
            Agreed. I'm sure he has concerns about the baby but won't tell them to TJ for a variety of reasons. One he probably doesn't want her to get worried. And secondly he probably doesn't want her to misunderstand anything that he says or is thinking.
            very smart man, being careful what he says around the pregnant woman...kind of sweet too
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
              I think it took her a long time to finally break it to Young that she was pregnant mostly because she probably still has feelings for him, but doesn't want to admit it. She was probably the one in the relationship who realized that they couldn't be doing what they were doing because of the fact that Young was married, and the fact that they were both military and he ranks over her. I'm betting she was transferring out as a way to not have to see him anymore and be tempted back into the relationship. She probably didn't even know that she was pregnant when she decided to transfer out.

They then get under attack at Icarus and are forced to evacuate, and unfortunately for her, it was to the Destiny. So no transferring out for her. Then the next whammy. She discovers that she is pregnant with Youngs child. Suddenly the very reason and person she was running away from Icarus for, she is now forced to run to. And was now forced to tell him that she was pregnant with his child. I can see how she probably agonized over when and how to tell him. And that she probably waited untill she couldn't keep it from him any longer before telling him, just because she feared that the feelings that she had for him would resurface.
              I can't quite stress how much truth there is in this statement.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I can't quite stress how much truth there is in this statement.
                In honesty, we don't yet know the full details of their "relationship" (length, depth, one-night-stand, just sexual etc) back on Icarus and the real reasons to why she was transferred out. We don't even know who was the one who decided to end the relationship. All we really know is that they had some sort of affair on Icarus and that she was supposed to be transferring out. Based on what I have seen of the two of them, my guess was on TJ being the one to take the inititive and end the relationship.

Comment

But that's what makes speculation so much fun Trying to fit the pieces together before you have any idea what the picture is really like, then comparing afterwords. Much entertainment there ^_^
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    I think the above post is very well said.

Now that they are having a baby and Young's wife isn't around anymore maybe they'll have a more legitimate relationship? Or maybe they won't be more than friends who have a child together.
                    Um, Young's wife isn't dead, you know. He is still married to her, and the last thing we know of, he was telling her he still loved her. I'll be very disappointed in Young if he continues his affair without us getting to see (or hear about) a conversation with Emily where he tells her their marriage is over. Otherwise, cheating is still cheating, and my respect for him stays in the dumps.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      Um, Young's wife isn't dead, you know. He is still married to her, and the last thing we know of, he was telling her he still loved her. I'll be very disappointed in Young if he continues his affair without us getting to see (or hear about) a conversation with Emily where he tells her their marriage is over. Otherwise, cheating is still cheating, and my respect for him stays in the dumps.
                      this is why i actually want emily to leave him for someone back on earth. going by the flashback in Air their relationship was already troubled before he went to icarus. it was because he had accepted a post to icarus and would be gone probably a long time that they were arguing. given that he is now trapped on a spacecraft howerver many lightyears away with little chance of getting home anytime soon i just dont think their marriage is gonna last.

its happened to other sci fi characters that when they were seperated from earth a long time their other halves moved on and met other people. also if she did meet someone and ended things with Young then he would be single through (almost) no fault of his own and wouldnt have to feel guilty if things with TJ were to develop in a more romantic direction
                      Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Cannot believe this threads got to 2 pages and I'm just discovering it *now*! Bad, bad Alan!

I support the TJ/Everett relationship!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Cannot believe this threads got to 2 pages and I'm just discovering it *now*! Bad, bad Alan!

I don't support it.....At least not yet. One thing would have to happen for me first before I could support it. The marriage he has with his wife would have to be over and the two of them (Young and his wife) would have to have a conversation indicating that the relationship is over. And if she could file for divorce (since he is stranded on Destiny) that would be even better. Then he and TJ would have to take their time in working back into a relationship together.

As long as he is still married and either and or both having no desire or intention to get divorced, then it wouldn't be right or fair to either his wife or TJ for him to be with TJ. It would only cause emotional turmoil for TJ if he remains in his marriage while having her as a side dish.
                          Last edited by SG7; 14 May 2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

wouldnt have to feel guilty if things with TJ were to develop in a more romantic direction
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again: nothing will ever happen to make him NOT feel guilty about any sort of relationship with TJ. His affair deeply affected his marriage, his abilty to command, the oath he swore to the military, and TJ herself (leaving the Program). We've already seen that under his (mostly) calm surface is a bubbling, frothing well of emotion and I simply don't believe that he'd ever forgive himself enough to stop feeling guilty about anything to do with TJ.

That being said, I still ship 'em
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

I love them together as well, no matter what sort of 'ship

I've said it before and I'll say it again: nothing will ever happen to make him NOT feel guilty about any sort of relationship with TJ. His affair deeply affected his marriage, his abilty to command, the oath he swore to the military, and TJ herself (leaving the Program). We've already seen that under his (mostly) calm surface is a bubbling, frothing well of emotion and I simply don't believe that he'd ever forgive himself enough to stop feeling guilty about anything to do with TJ.

That being said, I still ship 'em
                              I agree that he's always going to feel guilt over it; it's a personal flaw in himself that is, like so many other things, open for everyone to see.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Young is really becoming a lot more likable and didn't his wife leave him? That being the case...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X