Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait either please be private then everybody will gossip about it
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      I can't wait either please be private then everybody will gossip about it
      This is Destiny. I imagine with such a very small population, the rumour mill must work triple-overtime
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

well TJ already told chloe though whether she told her who the father was is uncertain. Scott managed to figure out for himself who the father is but he's a lot better at keeping secrets than chloe so unless chloe blabs then the secrets probably safe until TJ ends up in a situation that is dangerous for pregnant women but okay for normal humans and has to come clean, or until she starts to show, whichever comes first.

Of course Wray will probably jump immediately to the conclusion that Young is the father as soon as she hears bout TJ being with child. she was suspicious about something going on between the two in that flashback of TJ in one of the Air episodes.

As for Young he seems like the kind who would face up to that kinda responcibility though he may need time to process this unexpected piece of info. I dont think hes gonna go psycho on her. I just hope he doesnt ask whether its possible to get rid of it cause that would be awkward.
        Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
          Of course Wray will probably jump immediately to the conclusion that Young is the father as soon as she hears bout TJ being with child. she was suspicious about something going on between the two in that flashback of TJ in one of the Air episodes.

As for Young he seems like the kind who would face up to that kinda responcibility though he may need time to process this unexpected piece of info. I dont think hes gonna go psycho on her. I just hope he doesnt ask whether its possible to get rid of it cause that would be awkward.
          I'm not sure if Wray specifically mentioned Young during her discussion with TJ, but I agree that she probably suspected something. As for how TJ would react to Wray's accusation would be interesting, since their relationship has been strained ever since Wray attempted to take over.

And I highly doubt Young would ask for a way to get rid of the baby just for convience. He turned down the Icarus command because he felt too responsible for people's lives and didn't want to be the one to send them to their deaths anymore; plus he wouldn't leave Scott behind on the ice planet. What I wonder, though, is if he would publiclly acknolwedge the baby as being his. TJ has already shown she wants to keep the father's identity a secret, but how will Young deal with it?
          sigpic

Comment

Australian Promo for "Lost" shows
            Spoiler:
            TJ talking to Young saying "I need to tell you something"

Joe Mallozzi's blog (re: ship wide preggers knowlegde)
            Spoiler:
            Lisa R. writes: “So, will more people find out about TJ’s pregnancy soon?”

Answer: Yep. Shipboard baby shower scene upcoming. Riley’s present is the highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
              And I highly doubt Young would ask for a way to get rid of the baby just for convience. He turned down the Icarus command because he felt too responsible for people's lives and didn't want to be the one to send them to their deaths anymore; plus he wouldn't leave Scott behind on the ice planet. What I wonder, though, is if he would publiclly acknolwedge the baby as being his. TJ has already shown she wants to keep the father's identity a secret, but how will Young deal with it?
              I didnt really think he would ask her that either as so far he seems the kind of guy who is responsible and does the right thing but imo some of the writing during the first half of sgu was more soap opera than drama. The writing during the second half is greatly improved partly because they've found a balance between the drama/action but also because the writers appear to have improved at writing drama. Though to be fair I thought the whole TJ/Young relationship was handled well from the start, it was more the chloe/scott and emily/young relations that seemed unreal at least to me.

From what we saw in Lost, well it looks like young may need a little time for this latest piece of news to properly sink in but he doesnt seem to be reacting badly. Maybe in the next episode we might get to see how Young is handling this turn of events.

Comment

I'm excited about this ship. I like the two characters and think they have some chemistry together. I'm anxious to see how this pregnancy thing works out.

Comment

i am kinda hoping that a baby will bring the two back together, maybe not straight away but after a couple years floating round space aboard that tin can called destiny, by which time youngs wife will have come to her senses and dumped him, they can quietly get back together :-)

It only took weir/janeway a year or two for their respective love interests back on earth to move on hopefully emily will follow this pattern, realising that being married to a guy stuck on a spaceship a gazillion lightyears away with little chance of getting home who she only occasionally gets to see when he posseses other people is just not gonna work out long term I really want emily to break up with young and get together with some cute co-worker cause then hes single through no fault of his own and wont have to feel guilt if he gets back with TJ.

Comment

then hes single through no fault of his own and wont have to feel guilt if he gets back with TJ.
                    This is Young we're talking about here. He'll feel guilty about anything involving TJ
                    sigpic

Comment

thats true in which case we will just have to erase emily from existence then he wont have to feel guilty about anything

...except of course the whole fraternising with fellow military personnel doh!

Comment

This is Young we're talking about here. He'll feel guilty about anything involving TJ
                        true, he'll brood anout it
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

but the fact that he does brood about stuff and TJ is one of the people that he seems to confide in is part of what makes their relationship work :-)

unfortunately having TJ as his confidant may prove problematic as they are not in a good situation onboard destiny and this news was unexpected so its understandable for Young to have doubts and concerns about the baby but expressing these to TJ would probably cause a misunderstanding or some such. I wonder if he will find another confidant or probably just brood endlessly for the rest of the series.

Comment

but the fact that he does brood about stuff and TJ is one of the people that he seems to confide in is part of what makes their relationship work :-)

unfortunately having TJ as his confidant may prove problematic as they are not in a good situation onboard destiny and this news was unexpected so its understandable for Young to have doubts and concerns about the baby but expressing these to TJ would probably cause a misunderstanding or some such. I wonder if he will find another confidant or probably just brood endlessly for the rest of the series.
                            I don't see him as sharing that burden, and definitely not with TJ. If he shared with anyone, i think it would be someone on the military side
                            sigpic

Comment

I disagree. Episodes like Earth proved that while TJ is still clinging to the personal nature of their affair, Young was trying his level best to keep it professional and stay true to his wife. Not that he doesn't want to confide in her (one look at his face proves that) but he just wouldn't open up to her.
                              Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              I don't see him as sharing that burden, and definitely not with TJ. If he shared with anyone, i think it would be someone on the military side
                              I don't think he'd share this burden with anyone. He rejected TJ's offer for help in Earth, he refused to let Greer et al start a mutiny during Wray's show trial in Justice, he wouldn't tell Scott about why he quit as an SG team leader in Water...

Young seems to be ruled by his passions, for love or anger regardless, but he doesn't seem to be one to share that side of him with others. For all his emotional outbursts, he's quite the private man.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't think he'd share this burden with anyone. He rejected TJ's offer for help in Earth, he refused to let Greer et al start a mutiny during Wray's show trial in Justice, he wouldn't tell Scott about why he quit as an SG team leader in Water...

Young seems to be ruled by his passions, for love or anger regardless, but he doesn't seem to be one to share that side of him with others. For all his emotional outbursts, he's quite the private man.
                                I agree, hence the iffiness
                                He does seem very private and reserved to me too so it'll be like pulling hen's teeth to get him to open up, if he ever does
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X