MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    yep yep I must agree with all of you. greer is my favorite character (How I cheered when he kicked rush!!! now if he would only shoot rush!) and the only whose backstory I care about.....
    Oh, I'm sure Greer will eventually find a way to accidentally shoot Rush. After all, you don't have to kill someone to cause them pain, especially with a gun.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      "Air, Pt. 3" was kind of a mixed bag for dear ol' Ron. I was deeply impressed with his dedication to saving Lt. Scott, and I'm loving how Greer treats Eli with respect, but I was horrified (and frankly disgusted) by how he assaults Rush while he's on the ground early in the episode. I'm not saying Rush wasn't being a snobby jackass, but Greer's violence was beyond unacceptable.

I also couldn't understand why Greer wouldn't give Rush some water. Rush selflessly (a rare thing for him) offered his water to Matt, and Greer should have recognized that. If Rush drank all of his own water, and then demanded Greer's bottle, he would have deserved to be smacked down. I'm beginning to think that Greer uses fear to manipulate people he doesn't like, and when one of those people isn't scared, he resorts to violence.
      Good analysis on both counts. I almost felt sorry for Rush on that episode. I guess Greer didn't forgive Rush to have put them in this difficult situation in the first place. Well, its only a few hour after their arrival on the Destiny...
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone View Post
        Can I have some water?
        Ask again and I will be forced to use the zat'nik'tel upon you twice, Daniel Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          "Right now I pray to the God above that dehydration will shut you the hell up! Walk...or die here! It's your choice, Mister...Decision-maker. <chuckles>"

He is a total bad*ass. God, I loved those lines.
          my fav quote of the epiosde next to
          "i have a gun"

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
            Really? You must not watch TV much...
            I have been sick/disabled for 20 years, and have spent much of it sick, in bed watching TV. I spent 6 months last year in a hospital bed, and a lot of it trying to watch tv... when I wasn't too sick..
            I have a 46" LCD HDTV..

so, there's yer answer!
            My Story:
            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
              so, there's yer answer!
              Now there's a case of insert foot into mouth. I love some of the things people say around here. So harsh and bold.

BTW, I hope you get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                First to die if it's horror or sci-fi....
                Actually Senator Armstrong (whom gave his life so his daughter & the crew could live) & the other solider & scientist whom went to the alternative planet from the desert planet & got stranded there were all of white/Anglo-Saxian background.

THe Senator is the 1st to die aboard the Destiny, the two Anglos were the 1st casualities offworld & if we count Icarus BAse, then the Chinese doctor was the first on-screen death we see confirmed in the entire series. I don't see how it's sterotyping @ all or how it's singling out black people. Far from it in act.

I just think Greer as a character has an atttiude problem & a seemingly lack of morales when it comes ot indulging in his violent/agressive streak (something I am sure we will see comein habndy/get him into trouble & see flashbacks on later in the series).

Air part 3 was the first time Greer, as a character, was likable to me (he seemed to eager to want to hurt others in AIr, parts 1 & 2, especially the smerk he had on his face when he threatened to shoot Rush when he was resetting the life support). I hope jhis character development & back story continue & jhe doesn't become too one dimensional or fall by the way side like Teyala in SGA.

Comment

At first i thought he was a really bad actor i've had the thought about a few of the new guys. But by this third episode he is growing on me already. Though its now the third episode and from the top of my head i still cant remember peoples names maybe its age

Comment

Why does it say in the Omnipedia that Greer is a Army soldier?? It has been stated by the writers that he is a Marine, he wears the USMC uniform and he also have the USMC rank pin for Master Sergeant.

Just because rush said that "If you weren't in the Army you would be in jail" Thing dosen't mean he isen't a Marine. Maybe Rush just said the Army like refering to the Armed Forces of a whole. GREER IS A MARINE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Swede View Post
                      Why does it say in the Omnipedia that Greer is a Army soldier?? It has been stated by the writers that he is a Marine, he wears the USMC uniform and he also have the USMC rank pin for Master Sergeant.

Just because rush said that "If you weren't in the Army you would be in jail" Thing dosen't mean he isen't a Marine. Maybe Rush just said the Army like refering to the Armed Forces of a whole. GREER IS A MARINE!!!!
                      It's probably just a typo. I sent a PM to David, GateWorld co-editor, to let him know about the discrepancy.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Some people need to remember what Greer is, a senior Marine Sergeant. He is a trained experienced killing machine. Our job in the military isn’t nice, its simple get close enough to kill the enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible. Greer is a marine one of the most aggressive forces on the planet; he is not going to be polite and pleasant. Further its realistic for him to be angry and aggressive, there are huge problems throughout the military with experienced soldiers who have major aggression problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                          "Air, Pt. 3" was kind of a mixed bag for dear ol' Ron. I was deeply impressed with his dedication to saving Lt. Scott, and I'm loving how Greer treats Eli with respect, but I was horrified (and frankly disgusted) by how he assaults Rush while he's on the ground early in the episode. I'm not saying Rush wasn't being a snobby jackass, but Greer's violence was beyond unacceptable.

I also couldn't understand why Greer wouldn't give Rush some water. Rush selflessly (a rare thing for him) offered his water to Matt, and Greer should have recognized that. If Rush drank all of his own water, and then demanded Greer's bottle, he would have deserved to be smacked down. I'm beginning to think that Greer uses fear to manipulate people he doesn't like, and when one of those people isn't scared, he resorts to violence.

He's a very interesting character, without a doubt!
                          I thought he was being over the top with Rush, to the point of jeopardising the survival of everyone on the Destiny - they need Rush alive.
                          sigpic

Comment

After third episode, this relation between Greer and Rush- I thought Greer is kinda freak! I didn't enjoy his behaviour

But know when I read some opinions I think there were always very polite relationships in Stargate series, ok with some Ronon's behaviour I could cuncure, but - this is more real to show characters being rude or something because these are PEOPLE, and there are many different temperaments. So now I think with Greer behave that way the producers are showing more realistic situations.
                            sigpic
                            sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                              After third episode, this relation between Greer and Rush- I thought Greer is kinda freak! I didn't enjoy his behaviour

But know when I read some opinions I think there were always very polite relationships in Stargate series, ok with some Ronon's behaviour I could cuncure, but - this is more real to show characters being rude or something because these are PEOPLE, and there are many different temperaments. So now I think with Greer behave that way the producers are showing more realistic situations.
                              Greer has great potential he is a nasty person but he's saved everyone already in the case of scott and franklin hes saved them twice

Its itresting how he seems to like Eli and trust him over rush note he never gave rush a gun.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                Its itresting how he seems to like Eli and trust him over rush note he never gave rush a gun.
                                Yeah, I'm not sure why Greer seems to trust Eli more than any other civilian. It could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X