No announcement yet.

MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ack! he was irritating as a character. I hope by the 5th episode, someone "accidentally" opens an airlock with him in it. Normal shows jump the shark, in SG universe they "jump the airlock"

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
      Greer is the teal'c/ronan of the show.
      No way...I think he's the Ford of the show...

Something deep down tells me he's gonna disappear after the first season just like Ford did.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post

Something deep down tells me he's gonna disappear after the first season just like Ford did.

I hope he's the D'Argo of the show.

Worf sorta set the standard as the 'serious warrior from a race of warriors'. D'Argo had, to me, a lot more depth and nuance then that in being a real personality who happened to be a warrior from a race of warriors. Ronan and, sadly Teal'c never really seemed to get the chance to break that. Tea'lc had much more depth but never seemed to get to the point of really, relaxing and laughing.
        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          He could have let Rush die - he didn't. He could have left Scott behind - he didn't.
          For me, Greer started off as a pain in the butt, tho this episode clearly set him as a soldier of honour for me so Greer just got a +10 on reputation for me

Comment

No way....Ford was a wanna be, IMO. Greer is hardcore.

Teal'c wouldn't have kicked Rush in the back. Teal'c isn't a jerk.

Ronan IS a jerk and would have kicked Rush in the back.

So I'd say Greer is most like Ronan in personality.

BTW, does any think the doctor woman is smokin' hot?!

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
              Sadly ( I suppose : ) all the woman seem to be..hot but not developed as characters
              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                Tea'lc had much more depth but never seemed to get to the point of really, relaxing and laughing.
                Aside from a few key moments like in SG1: S05E18 where he's in the tent with Rak'nor having a drink, I think Teal'c stayed in warrior mode all the time.

But, this isn't about Teal'c, probably his own set of threads altogether huh hehehe

Comment

No way....Ford was a wanna be, IMO. Greer is hardcore.
                  I certainly think Ford tried too hard, but not to the point of a wannabe.

Greer, to me, loves his job as a soldier. Greer, if he were a little more controllable, would be one of the better soldiers you could ask for.

Teal'c wouldn't have kicked Rush in the back. Teal'c isn't a jerk.

Ronan IS a jerk and would have kicked Rush in the back.

So I'd say Greer is most like Ronan in personality.
                  Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one.

Greer looks like he's the one who'd do something because it's the right thing to do, but would fall back in line a little quicker than Ronan would.

Ehh...

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                    Sadly ( I suppose : ) all the woman seem to be..hot but not developed as characters
                    Well not to get too much off the "Greer" topic, BUT you're sadly correct. It's actually very similar to real life. 99% of hot women do not have developed character. They rely soley on the hollow shell they reside in...caring nothing about character. But none the less she is smokin hot!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      I don't recall learning why Greer was locked up in Air pt1
                      I believe Young opens the door and walks up to Greer saying, "We're under attack, don't know who, don't know why", Young gives him the gun and gear and says, "Take your anger out on them".

The look on Greer's face is that of, "Sir, I'm sorry I've let you down". Then he hears what Young says, take the gear and get's to it as tho he has something he want's to prove to Young.

IMO, Greer is an awesome addition to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        My absolute favorite moment for Greer in this episode was when Rush was disparaging Scott about whatever figure from his past he was seeking approval from, he decided to kick Rush rather than saying something. I loved it!
                        I think the kick to the back was a little un-called for IMO. The scene where Greer had Rush on the ground with the gun to his face, now THAT's the kind of thing that I'd have expected to see from Greer.

Don't screw around with me Rush or else I'm just gonna leave you here versus Rush teasing Scott and Greer about seeking approval.

But hey, just like the sex scene with Scott and James, this just shows a side of Greer that TPTB wanted us to see, and so be it

Comment

I think the kick to the back was a little un-called for IMO. The scene where Greer had Rush on the ground with the gun to his face, now THAT's the kind of thing that I'd have expected to see from Greer.
                          I thought Rush was *way* out of line in the way he treated Scott. I didn't think Greer's reaction was appropriate but...I admit I smiled when he did it

Comment

Yeah, I'm really curious to find out what he did to be locked up. I have a feeling he probably told a superior to F'off or something. He doesn't seem to like Rush for several reasons. Rush dialed the ship instead of a way home, Rush claimed to be placed in charge by the SGC (lie), Greer doesn't know yet but did you see the end of ep. 3 when they asked what happened to the guy and Rush immediately said "Greer shot him". So it's established that Greer has several reasons to dislike Rush but I'm thinking maybe prior to dialing destiny/base attack that Greer and Rush had problems. Greer seemed pretty quick to point that gun at Rush. Maybe he was in the brig for pimp slapping Rush. That would be great, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
                              He's threatening to shoot people, thought about hitting a woman who was saying something he didn't like, he IS shooting people as of tonights episode
                              Greer shot Franklin because of three reasons:

1. He knew that Franklin had the dialer and so, if he left, they'd be stranded (ok, yes, until Destiny dialed back and send another thru, but hey)

2. Rush told him to

3. He enjoyed it!

But for all his other threats, I believe Greer probably wouldn't have shot Rush in E01 when he was standing at the console and most probably wouldn't have hit Camile, rather would have got right up in her face, made his point through intimidation and just left it.

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
                              Having been in a potentially life threatening situation, (twice actually though nothing like they are going through) you get to see what people's real character is.
                              Wow...certainly something new to the majority of us that's for sure!

Comment

I was sorta intrigued that Rush threw Greer under the bus for that shooting

Comment

Working...
                                X