Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duval View Post
    It is funny, I have look at some interview, and I have to notice that RC moves a lot when he speaks, very meaning, not just of the face, but also of the hands, of his body, it is pleasant to see.
    That's my favorite thing about him. He's too precious to watch moving around. He moves constantly and it's so endearing. I haven't see this interview yet, so thanks for linking it!

And what is this story I'm supposed to be writing? I'm confused... D:
    sigpic

Comment

MI, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's always very hard to lose someone like that, and it seems like this week is just terrible all around for you. If you need anything, we're all here for you. I hope you're well. (*hugs*)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RhineGold View Post
        That's my favorite thing about him. He's too precious to watch moving around. He moves constantly and it's so endearing. I haven't see this interview yet, so thanks for linking it!

your supposed to write the story of Gold and Archies therapy session

anyways, yes, I agree about watching him talk outside of regular acting. the man is SO animated. he is fantastic.
        sigpic

Comment

I just started on SGU and OMG!!! i am in LOVE with Rush!! he is awesome!! as he is my fave character now I started a fanfic:

Here is a small taste of it:

Spoiler:
          Rush was in the core room staring at read out after read out of the power levels when a small surge caught his attention. Down on the lower level of the crew quarters something was spiking the power. What in the world. He told no one to be down there. Rush grabbed a flash light, his radio, and set off down to the level indicated.

Down on the level Rush clicked on the light and illuminated the dark corridor. he moved alone slowly, each step measured so he wouldn't miss anything. That's when he saw it. There in the middle of the hall was a young woman trapped in a shimmering sort of force field. The woman was perfectly preserved, almost alive.

Being drawn in, Rush went to the field. The girl with in the bubble had her eyes closed, blood on her shoulder, and an odd glow shining from under her skin. Grabbing his radio, "This is Rush I need a medic at my location now." Setting it aside, Nicholas looked around for the source of the field so he could turn it off. "Ancients," He mumbled finally finding the power node. It was a simple little thing, just a small box, yet it contained a source of power that it would keep the one inside perfectly preserved. Pushing the button, turning it off, Rush waited for the shimmering blue bubble to dissipate.

He had been close enough, too close. The girl fell back into his arms. It had been reflex on Rush's part. She was so light, delicate. Her fire red hair fell over his arm falling away from her face exposing her caramel skin and the glow dying from her. Just above the cut of her shirt he saw a littering of stars, circles, squares, dots, and other black shapes marring her flesh in the center of her chest stopping under her collar bones. Who was she? Why had they found her now?

"RUSH!"

"Over here TJ." Nicholas called out to the medic. How much time had past? He didn't know. All he knew was there was a stranger on Destiny who could be an ancient.

"Moonlighting as Knight in faded blue jeans Rush?" TJ asked coming around the corner to see the ill tempered caffeine deprived scientist holding a red head in his arms.

"Very funny. I found her here." Rush explained gently going to the floor with her still in his arms. "I think she's an ancient contained with in a time dilation field.”

TJ kneeled, her eyes going to the cut as it bled. "Wow, a fresh wound nearly one million years old." she commented breaking out gauze to put over the wound.

"I'm not sure she's that old." Rush mumbled. He set her on the floor to allow TJ to work her paramedic magic. Keeping his eyes on the red head Rush memorized everything about her. Another glow started on under the fabric of her pants on her right leg. "TJ look at this." Rush moved up the fabric as a new, blinding glow started; four new symbol’s were being burned into her flesh.

"What the hell?" TJ taped down the gauze. "Let's get her out of here and up to the crew level. Grab her feet." She threaded her arms until the mysterious girl’s arms and waited for the doctor to grab her feet.

Back up in the living quarters of Destiny, TJ and Rush brought the girl into an empty set of quarters and put her on the bed. The whole trek back she had remained unconscious, the odd glow on her leg stopped. Rush stepped back from the bed to allow TJ to do her job. A crowd had started to gather with Eli coming up. “Who’s that?” He asked.

“So far, I don’t know. All I know is I found her hidden within a time dilation field.” Rush answered keeping his eyes on the red head. She had started to shift, starting to wake up. Leaving Eli by the door, Nicholas moved around to the other side of the bed to watch closely. Then, the tips of her fingers started to glow.

TJ checked pupil response, pulse, and temperature. “This is insane. She’s perfectly fine.”

“But she’s unconscious, how is she perfectly normal?” Rush asked. Out of curiosity he reached out, touched the light on her fingers. It was warm and getting warmer. Rush let his gaze rove over her, over the marks on her chest, and over the chain around her neck. There was a symbol carved on it; five marks.

“It’s best we just let her sleep,” TJ suggested looking to the door where Young waited. It was only a matter of time before word reached him. At least he was waiting until she was finished. Leaving the bed side she went to him and he motioned her down the hall. TJ looked back to Rush. He was still staring at the girl. “All right, all of you have better things to do.” TJ looked at them all. Everyone looked around and then started to walk away. Even rush had gotten up. “Oh no, you found her, you stay with her.”

“I actually have better things to do.” Rush argued. He didn’t want to stay and watch some girl sleep when he could be putting safe guards in place for one of hundred things that could go wrong.

“Not right now you don’t. If she wakes up, you’re going to be here.” TJ glared at him.

Rush only rolled his eyes sitting back on the edge of the bed. The red head’s fingers twitched, her eyes moving fast under her closed lids. Again the glow started at the tips of her fingers, but this time it worked its way up and to her left shoulder where the wound was. Going to her left side, Rush took her hand looking at the glow. He felt the pad of her index finger. It was extremely warm to the touch. “What are you?” He asked feeling the need to voice the question even though he knew she couldn’t hear him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Rush View Post
            your supposed to write the story of Gold and Archies therapy session

anyways, yes, I agree about watching him talk outside of regular acting. the man is SO animated. he is fantastic.
            Oh, my gosh, I will give it a shot. You all are terribly silly people, lol.

It's so funny how he just goes and goes and goes and then he'll sit perfectly still sometimes and just stare at people and then he's off again, waving his arms while he contorts his neck and his face. (I act similarly, I am told, so I love him for making it look cute instead of strange, lol)
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the thread, AresLover!

Nice start to your story - I'm wondering about the lights/marks on the girl. Will you be posting it to FF.net?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                I liked this interview very much, although the interviewer did not speak into the microphone! So I transcribed it for us. Here is a link to the interview:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9YvGdzPCd4
                and here is the transcript:
                Spoiler:
                Interviewer(young woman): I just realized you are being horribly robbed, you’re a handsome guy and that Rumplestiltskin makeup is really scary. How does it take to put all that on?

Robert Carlyle: It takes uh, about 2 hours or so to get on, yeah, and takes about an hour to get it off. Which is a problem. (prrroblem, rolls those r’s)

I: What about the costumes, do you ah, do you enjoy...? (this interviewer does not speak into the mike which makes her inaudible at times)

RC: Haha, another interesting thing, the costume, you know ah, the boots that I wear, the lace ups, (hand gestures with fingers) 20 minutes. Just for the boots. I stand there with a cigarette while a dresser...?...(hand gesture like he’s holding a cigarette, looks down at his feet) how long’s this gonna take? Then the nails go on and the eyes and I cannae move. So the all powerful Rumplestilskin can’t actually move around very well. Haha.

I: What drew you to the character of Rumplestiltskin?

RC: Ah, great writing. Easy as that. Ah, wonderfully written. First scene that I seen in the pilot, well I thought, well if this thing doesn’t happen, I fancy playing that scene anyway. So I would say, and again the guys where giving me the opportunity to go where I wanted to go, with that, you know. They really, they really let me, um, they let me play. Yeah.

I: Do you have a preference between playing in the fantasy world and the real world? Do you like one more than the other?

RC: You know, it’s, ah, to be honest with you, the character is, I think the character’s the same person, you know, I mean so I don’t really think too much about, you know, one or the other, of course they’re very different to look at. If I had to choose a favorite, I enjoy, I enjoy playing the more... flourishy Rumple. I think that gives me a lot, gives me a lot of fun.

I: Ah, is there, is there like any training...(inaudible)RC: Oh, yeah (nods head)

RC: Yeah. This goes way back to my drama school days in actual fact, ahhh, the whole notion of Rumplestiltskin comes from; I did a lot of mask work at drama school, (hang gestures mask to his face) and when you use masks, mask work is very, takes you somewhere else; in your head, because you’re not seeing any of your face, you’re only seeing that. (makes circle around his eye) So that combined with ah, Italian farce, Commedia dell’arte. Commedia dell’arte with mask work is very grand. I thought well, that’s where I wanna to go. And I needed another element in there to undercut that slightly. It’s my 6 year old son, because he’s always walking around (changes to a high pitched voice “making this funny little voice”. I heard him one day and I went, (points down as if to him) that’s Rumplestiltskin. ‘Cause he’s like a child, you know. Uh hum. Nods head affirmatively.

I: Ah, he’s an evil child though, he’s evil. Do you enjoy that?

RC: Is he? Is he? (looks at interviewer mischievously) I: that’s debatable... RC: Is he? Hahaha. I: You and Regina are kind of tied right now.

RC: Oh, she’s a, she’s a (softly) *****! Haha. Haha. I think that uh, again you have to go back to the origins of where they came from. Rump, Rumple didn’t start off evil. Neither did the Evil Queen. Circumstances changed them. So maybe we’ll go back to those moments more and more and try and get the heart of these characters. I don’t think they’re 100% good or evil. (Nods head affirmatively)

I: ...in the last episode, there was a game changer, we saw Belle, I don’t know what her name is, (RC: Aye) ...how is that going to effect...

RC: I don’t know, I don’t know, but I tell you what, I’ve been absolutely blown away by the response in that episode. It’s been, there’s fan sites and stuff, and they are full of Skin Deep, Beauty and the Beast, Belle, Belle. It’s incredible, incredible, to read all this stuff. They want that. I think the writers certainly gonna put that back in again, and I’m sure we’ll see Gold. I think we’ll see Gold and Belle. Rather than Rumple and Belle.

I: We’ll stay tuned.

RC: ... Pleasure.
                Jeri, you have incredible ears!!! Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart for translating this! I love how modest he is when she was complimenting his good looks. I also can hear his accent better in this video and when Jeri mentioned the "rrrr"s that he rolls, I can hear it. I love it when she writes in details like that. OK, I'll let you have both Rush and Young for another night. But please kindly return them in WORKING order! They were really exhausted the last time.

Comment

What a frakking liar you are! You're to write a scene with Archie trying to "help" Mr. Gold in his therapy and write it as if a kino was recording it all. You've been triple dared. What? Don't tell me that you're a wuss? So sad, really fair sad! What's that dearie? You're gonna prove me wrong??? Hmmmmm.

Comment

It's so funny how he just goes and goes and goes and then he'll sit perfectly still sometimes and just stare at people and then he's off again, waving his arms while he contorts his neck and his face. (I act similarly, I am told, so I love him for making it look cute instead of strange, lol)
                    WE"RE SILLY?????? WE???? Oh, you youths! You guys crack me up!!!! Us old biddies are YOUR future!!! LOL

Comment

Then again, I wondered how it would go if Colonel Young was the therapist?????

Comment

Sacredclay let us count together, yaeh?

So, now, go and take your pills, or take some deep breaths, or whatever you do to calm down.

Better?

Btw, does your twitter works now?

And RhineGold what are you doing here? Go and write!*

But only if your back is better...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          I just started on SGU and OMG!!! i am in LOVE with Rush!! he is awesome!! as he is my fave character now I started a fanfic:

Here is a small taste of it:

Spoiler:
                          Rush was in the core room staring at read out after read out of the power levels when a small surge caught his attention. Down on the lower level of the crew quarters something was spiking the power. What in the world. He told no one to be down there. Rush grabbed a flash light, his radio, and set off down to the level indicated.

Down on the level Rush clicked on the light and illuminated the dark corridor. he moved alone slowly, each step measured so he wouldn't miss anything. That's when he saw it. There in the middle of the hall was a young woman trapped in a shimmering sort of force field. The woman was perfectly preserved, almost alive.

Being drawn in, Rush went to the field. The girl with in the bubble had her eyes closed, blood on her shoulder, and an odd glow shining from under her skin. Grabbing his radio, "This is Rush I need a medic at my location now." Setting it aside, Nicholas looked around for the source of the field so he could turn it off. "Ancients," He mumbled finally finding the power node. It was a simple little thing, just a small box, yet it contained a source of power that it would keep the one inside perfectly preserved. Pushing the button, turning it off, Rush waited for the shimmering blue bubble to dissipate.

He had been close enough, too close. The girl fell back into his arms. It had been reflex on Rush's part. She was so light, delicate. Her fire red hair fell over his arm falling away from her face exposing her caramel skin and the glow dying from her. Just above the cut of her shirt he saw a littering of stars, circles, squares, dots, and other black shapes marring her flesh in the center of her chest stopping under her collar bones. Who was she? Why had they found her now?

"RUSH!"

"Over here TJ." Nicholas called out to the medic. How much time had past? He didn't know. All he knew was there was a stranger on Destiny who could be an ancient.

"Moonlighting as Knight in faded blue jeans Rush?" TJ asked coming around the corner to see the ill tempered caffeine deprived scientist holding a red head in his arms.

"Very funny. I found her here." Rush explained gently going to the floor with her still in his arms. "I think she's an ancient contained with in a time dilation field.”

TJ kneeled, her eyes going to the cut as it bled. "Wow, a fresh wound nearly one million years old." she commented breaking out gauze to put over the wound.

"I'm not sure she's that old." Rush mumbled. He set her on the floor to allow TJ to work her paramedic magic. Keeping his eyes on the red head Rush memorized everything about her. Another glow started on under the fabric of her pants on her right leg. "TJ look at this." Rush moved up the fabric as a new, blinding glow started; four new symbol’s were being burned into her flesh.

"What the hell?" TJ taped down the gauze. "Let's get her out of here and up to the crew level. Grab her feet." She threaded her arms until the mysterious girl’s arms and waited for the doctor to grab her feet.

Back up in the living quarters of Destiny, TJ and Rush brought the girl into an empty set of quarters and put her on the bed. The whole trek back she had remained unconscious, the odd glow on her leg stopped. Rush stepped back from the bed to allow TJ to do her job. A crowd had started to gather with Eli coming up. “Who’s that?” He asked.

“So far, I don’t know. All I know is I found her hidden within a time dilation field.” Rush answered keeping his eyes on the red head. She had started to shift, starting to wake up. Leaving Eli by the door, Nicholas moved around to the other side of the bed to watch closely. Then, the tips of her fingers started to glow.

TJ checked pupil response, pulse, and temperature. “This is insane. She’s perfectly fine.”

“But she’s unconscious, how is she perfectly normal?” Rush asked. Out of curiosity he reached out, touched the light on her fingers. It was warm and getting warmer. Rush let his gaze rove over her, over the marks on her chest, and over the chain around her neck. There was a symbol carved on it; five marks.

“It’s best we just let her sleep,” TJ suggested looking to the door where Young waited. It was only a matter of time before word reached him. At least he was waiting until she was finished. Leaving the bed side she went to him and he motioned her down the hall. TJ looked back to Rush. He was still staring at the girl. “All right, all of you have better things to do.” TJ looked at them all. Everyone looked around and then started to walk away. Even rush had gotten up. “Oh no, you found her, you stay with her.”

“I actually have better things to do.” Rush argued. He didn’t want to stay and watch some girl sleep when he could be putting safe guards in place for one of hundred things that could go wrong.

“Not right now you don’t. If she wakes up, you’re going to be here.” TJ glared at him.

Rush only rolled his eyes sitting back on the edge of the bed. The red head’s fingers twitched, her eyes moving fast under her closed lids. Again the glow started at the tips of her fingers, but this time it worked its way up and to her left shoulder where the wound was. Going to her left side, Rush took her hand looking at the glow. He felt the pad of her index finger. It was extremely warm to the touch. “What are you?” He asked feeling the need to voice the question even though he knew she couldn’t hear him.
                          Oh, goody! Another writer! Now that you've put that story teaser up here, we will bug you until you give us more.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                            Then again, I wondered how it would go if Colonel Young was the therapist?????
                            We KNOW how that would go!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                              Sacredclay let us count together, yaeh?

So, now, go and take your pills, or take some deep breaths, or whatever you do to calm down.

Better?

Btw, does your twitter works now?

And RhineGold what are you doing here? Go and write!*

But only if your back is better...
                              I've been trying to get sacredclay into Yoga, but then I could imagine she would have us all tied up in knots.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                                I've been trying to get sacredclay into Yoga, but then I could imagine she would have us all tied up in knots.

So, better not to tell her!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X