I hated but now love sgu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
    Indeedy. If the novans don't have FTL engines how can they build drone command ships that can blockade multiple stars?
    Well they never said they didnt have ftl by the looks they rushed the ships they mentioned and didnt have time for ftl to be put on them

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
      Well they never said they didnt have ftl by the looks they rushed the ships they mentioned and didnt have time for ftl to be put on them
      Er yes actually they did say just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
        Indeedy. If the novans don't have FTL engines how can they build drone command ships that can blockade multiple stars?
        Well that'd be part of the "... and something happened many years later, that caused the Drones to be activated again" I was talking about. The Destiny crew was thrown back in time 2,000 years. We don't know exactly how advanced they were. They could've build the Drones to serve their own purpose, and then left them behind. Something else could've come along years later, activating them again, rebuilding parts, who knows. A lot can happen in the dozens of years since they left Novus, or even longer if the Drones were build when everything was still fine on their planet. We just don't know.
        It's just speculation on my part
        Last edited by YceQueen; 02 July 2013, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Without seeing Season 3 and knowing more about the Drones anything is speculation unless we can get one of the writers to post on here to the contrary.

There must of been a hell of a lot of drones and command ships though if they covered every sun between Destiny's position and the edge of the Galaxy, perhaps something building them etc.
          I think its a bit weird that there were a few and then suddenly they were all working together and covering everything, suggests some other sort of control beyond the command ships themselves, and we never found out who or what was on the control ships, AI or another alien..

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            The "official" reason for it being cancelled was due to low ratings. Not enough people watching it. It started out with fairly good ratings, but as time went on the ratings slipped to a point where the network was no longer willing to continue it.
            Yeah, that's what happens when you give a show a 100 year hiatus mid-season. The average viewer loses interest and doesn't come back. I'm a HUGE Stargate fan and even I didn't come back after the first half of Season 2. I STILL haven't seen it.

Comment

Missing the best parts of SGU then tbh chap...
              I agree about the mid season breaks tho, wtf is that all about?

Comment

Actually, I just ordered Season 2 the other day. I was just making the point that their stupid overly long "let's completely disappear off peoples' radar" breaks made me of all people completely lose interest in the show the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
                  Actually, I just ordered Season 2 the other day. I was just making the point that their stupid overly long "let's completely disappear off peoples' radar" breaks made me of all people completely lose interest in the show the first time around.
                  I really had to keep an eye on listings to find out when the second half of SGU first aired as I really didn't want to miss the rest of it. If I had missed the beginning of the second half I think I would have ended up like you. I would have caught up when the DVD came out though so I could watch it without all the breaks! It's sad that these stupid long breaks mid season really do make an impact on the viewing figures if mine and your experience are anything to go by! I never really thought of this as being another thing that added to the unfortunate demise of a show I really liked.

Enjoy the second half of season two.

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
                    I was just making the point that their stupid overly long "let's completely disappear off peoples' radar" breaks made me of all people completely lose interest in the show the first time around.
                    That was exactly what happened with me! I thought "Life" (episode 9) was the worst episode of Stargate I'd ever seen, then they bounced back a little with episode 10, and then they disappeared for months. I'd say if you are going to pull that, at least have the two or three shows leading up to the break as strong ones that are good enough to keep people interested for the months you're gone.

After that, I first thought to watch another episode well after they were cancelled.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I just got done watching SG-1 and SGA seasons, and I'm now watching SGU season 1, and I really enjoy it more after watching the other series back-to-back.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        Good to see another person giving SGU a go and finding it's not so bad after all!

Took me the best part of season 1 to get into it when it first aired. It was so different, especially with the filming style which was hard to deal with at first. However, after a couple of rewatches I've got used to it and don't notice it now. It was the characters and how they dealt with their situation that drew me in. This was gradually built on and we end up with some great moments in season 2. This left us with the fantastic final episodes of season 2 which left you wondering why it ended when there were so many possibilities to explore, it was sad.
                        I'm kind of the opposite. Story wise I loved it from the beginning of season one and didn't notice the shaky cam at all until people pointed it out, also I watched it on a 20 inch computer screen originally. When I got the DVD and watched it on a bigger screen I had a hardy time dealing with it, especially the "Human" episode with Rush doing all that research back on earth and the epileptic camera man. I still think it's the best thing the Syfy channel ever produced and I will never fully forgive them. I so wish it would exist in book form. The episodes worked pretty much like chapters except for the filer episodes like "Time."
                        I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Any series is better if you can watch it back to back, I will never, ever understand the need to have a mid season break....

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                            Without seeing Season 3 and knowing more about the Drones anything is speculation unless we can get one of the writers to post on here to the contrary.

There must of been a hell of a lot of drones and command ships though if they covered every sun between Destiny's position and the edge of the Galaxy, perhaps something building them etc.
                            I think its a bit weird that there were a few and then suddenly they were all working together and covering everything, suggests some other sort of control beyond the command ships themselves, and we never found out who or what was on the control ships, AI or another alien..
                            haha, I don't think there is an 'edge of the Galaxy'.

But that does bring up an interesting point. Just how much faster is Destiny than the speed of light? It matters because the universe is expanding exponentially and at some point it'll start expanding faster than the speed of light (think it might already be expanding faster than that). So if the expansion gets to be faster than Destiny's FTL, then it theoretically cannot reach some galaxies because the expansion rate of the galaxy will likely outpace Destiny's FTL speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                              haha, I don't think there is an 'edge of the Galaxy'.

But that does bring up an interesting point. Just how much faster is Destiny than the speed of light? It matters because the universe is expanding exponentially and at some point it'll start expanding faster than the speed of light (think it might already be expanding faster than that). So if the expansion gets to be faster than Destiny's FTL, then it theoretically cannot reach some galaxies because the expansion rate of the galaxy will likely outpace Destiny's FTL speed.
                              Well, if you get a good source of Brownian motion (say a nice hot cup of tea), then you could engage your Infinite Improbability Drive and sort that one out!
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

No Hitchhiker's! Bad, bad, bad science. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X