We were not the first people to board Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
    yeah a planet might be uninhabited at the moment but how many times we've seen ppls relocated to different worlds.removing stargates makes the chances of finding relocation planets much harder,..............back to destiny.....the tauri are so arrogant in thinking they were the first to get on board ,when destiny has been through so many galaxies ......look how easy the blues got on board to get chloe though........and chloe is half blue and can understand the ancients' technology wat better than rush or eli.....
    which is why they chose planets with toxic or no atmosphere.

the blues were able to get chloe because the tau'ri drained power by using the systems and they ship would normally power shields and weapons so they had a chance to get in.

Comment

point taken escyos.........but think on this for a moment........a planet might be toxic to us but can support other life forms. we've seen many aliens in sg that live on toxic planets but live underground......or they use other means to survive.......just look at the pg asgards or ne'tu.....toxic and hazardous atmosphere but still got life.

Comment

i still think that there were ancients on board but they ascended and became planet builders.but thats just my opinion/.

Comment

point taken escyos.........but think on this for a moment........a planet might be toxic to us but can support other life forms. we've seen many aliens in sg that live on toxic planets but live underground......or they use other means to survive.......just look at the pg asgards or ne'tu.....toxic and hazardous atmosphere but still got life.
          Sure, but you sorta have to make the assumption that the ancients would set paramaters to drop gates on planets that would support the ancients, and they seem to be your run of the mill carbon based life form at the time the Destiny was lauched.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

well those planets did not have stargates. if they found a gate on an uninhabited world, with no sign of life that uses the gate, no sign of recent activity to assume so, they probably took it. or they took them from planets that could not support life e.g planets with no atmosphere or a highly corrosive gas. while there is life that can exist in acidic environments these would not likely be sentient.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Sure, but you sorta have to make the assumption that the ancients would set paramaters to drop gates on planets that would support the ancients, and they seem to be your run of the mill carbon based life form at the time the Destiny was lauched.

yeah you are correct i guess i was thinking about that episode "water" where young and scott had to suit up to visit that planet, but i realise the gate was seeded there so the crew could get water if the need arose.

Comment

From this pic you can clearly see 3 landing strips for the shuttles! Im just wondering if the 3rd unoccupied landing strip is a spare, kind of like how airports have extra runways!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...u_106_0375.jpg

Comment

hmm non lost to the leaks in the damaged sections?
                  i'd assume the nitrogen and argon would eventually have leaked away, yes.

From this pic you can clearly see 3 landing strips for the shuttles! Im just wondering if the 3rd unoccupied landing strip is a spare, kind of like how airports have extra runways!
                  considering the state of the shuttles, i'd say the 3rd has been lost.

Comment

Or it was normal off gassing from the ships components, nebula, debris fields, CME , heating of the ship many times,etc.

Comment

If Destiny had NOT been previously borded, where did all the loot go? Boxes(empty), Kinos, and a singular Robot? Is that all that Destiny has to offer? I could understand some planning to "bring" stuff when the ancients boarded. But expecting them to bring "everything"? Except a space suit.

As far as the door, the Kino found it first, the door was already jammed iirc.

As far as the 3rd docking port. It would stand to reason to have a spare parking space. Were all of enterprises shuttle bays ever filled to capacity with shuttles? Even though they could be. A v.i.p. parking space, or just a vacancy after exiting the ship. It could have also been lost in transit.

My personal take is that it was previously boarded. The loot could have long since reverted to dust. But it's more likely to have been scavenged by occupants who had boarded the ship previously. Or someone needs to fire the props department. Oh wait, they already did (cancelled).

Comment

yeah and didn't they say that third suit that greer used was damaged ? so how did that suit get damaged?i'm betting they gonna find skeletal remains on destiny and then we gonna know for sure.

Comment

If Destiny had NOT been previously borded, where did all the loot go? Boxes(empty), Kinos, and a singular Robot? Is that all that Destiny has to offer? I could understand some planning to "bring" stuff when the ancients boarded. But expecting them to bring "everything"? Except a space suit.
                          FYI: if Destiny had been built by modern earth, -assuming we had FTL tech and solar recharge tech-, it would be just outside the milkyway as a cloud of rust

Comment

It would have been interesting to explore storylines where other people/races have been aboard (maybe "a day in the life" of one of those previous visitors and seeing the reason why they were whiped out, eg perhaps the ship not deeming them worthy enough), but I guess the writers didn't think of that one.

the fact that there were no significant traces left could simply be due to the self maintenance of the ship... incineration, or perhaps maintenance robots.
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post

As far as the door, the Kino found it first, the door was already jammed iirc.

As far as the 3rd docking port. It would stand to reason to have a spare parking space. Were all of enterprises shuttle bays ever filled to capacity with shuttles? Even though they could be. A v.i.p. parking space, or just a vacancy after exiting the ship. It could have also been lost in transit.

My personal take is that it was previously boarded. The loot could have long since reverted to dust. But it's more likely to have been scavenged by occupants who had boarded the ship previously. Or someone needs to fire the props department. Oh wait, they already did (cancelled).
                              there is actually a LOT of stuff aboard (See the back half of season 2) but your forgetting beds, tables, chairs, benches, lights, funky telescope thingy, infirmary gurney's. and theres the kinos, repair robots, at least 6 spacesuits, crates full of stuff.

chances are by the time the ancients WOULD have come aboard any tech they put on board would be obsolete, why bother puttig it on there then.

AND Once again, WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS BEEN ABOARD!!!! EVER!!! IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY, LIVING OR ASCENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                AND Once again, WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS BEEN ABOARD!!!! EVER!!! IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY, LIVING OR ASCENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                When?

Comment

Working...
                                X